Worried.....measuring small - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-19-2009, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I may be wrong but I could swear I ovulated around 1/8.....I don't have much to go by as far as periods..have only had a handful in the last many years due to pregnancy/nursing.....they are irregular and my cycle before the last was around 45 days....so anyway my LMP was 12/9......I had EW around 1/5-6....I could have sworn I ovulated around the 8th......I took a preg test on 1/20....it was a faint positive......I figured it correlated with having ovulated around the 8th.....so I would be 8 weeks or so today.......so I had my appt with my OB....she was nice (did mention to wean but I told her no and she said ok....)anyway my pg urine test was positive....based on my LMP they thought 10 weeks....I explained my periods were not regular...I then got an ultrasound to date it.....I was really shocked shen she said 6 weeks.....like 5w6d.....that means I would have ovulated around the 22nd....that is impossible.....I told them about the positive test on 1/20 and they said that was 4 weeks ago and measuring around 6 weeks makes sense...(no it does not).....anyway they saw a sac and yolk....too early to see h/b...could not confirm weather it was viable....so I have to go back in a week for another u/s......could I have been so wrong...or did the baby stop growing at 6 w.....if so shouldn't I have miscarried by now? UGH! I hate this!

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

#2 of 5 Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM

You should check out the measuring behind stories on this site: misdiagnosed miscarriage

It is not uncommon to measure behind and for everything to be fine. That was unfortunately not the case with me last time-- I was measuring 6 weeks (with baby too small to really get a read on hb) when I knew I was 8 weeks. The dr kept saying everythign was fine-- that I was just wrong on my dates- but I knew my dates were right. I ended up having a missed miscarriage. I really hope your outcome is better.

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#3 of 5 Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
SMR

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I hope you get good news next week.

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#4 of 5 Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post

You should check out the measuring behind stories on this site: misdiagnosed miscarriage

It is not uncommon to measure behind and for everything to be fine. That was unfortunately not the case with me last time-- I was measuring 6 weeks (with baby too small to really get a read on hb) when I knew I was 8 weeks. The dr kept saying everythign was fine-- that I was just wrong on my dates- but I knew my dates were right. I ended up having a missed miscarriage. I really hope your outcome is better.
Thank you for that website.....I need to read all about missed miscarriages, blighted ovums, sacs, yolks......when I go back if there is no progress I will decline the d&c and wait 2 more weeks (thnaks for the stories in that website) and then see.....why doesn't the body let it go if its not there anymore?

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

#5 of 5 Old 02-21-2009, 03:56 AM

the same thing happened, is happening with me. I know my LMP was between nov 20 -23. when i had my ultrasound at 10 weeks i measured small and was told i was 8weeks 5 days.
i just had a midwife appt. and heard heartbeat at 11 weeks. my midwife said it is unusual to hear it so early through the doopler and the baby was higher than expected at 11 weeks. so she thinks i am further along.
i know the first ultrasound is suppose to be pretty accurate but i'm not so sure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page