5 inches - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's how much my waist has grown already!!!

I started out with a nice firm six-pack (with a tiny bit of loose skin on top of it, but no real amount of fat). I got bloated nearly right away, as I did with both my other pregnancies. I don't quite fit into maternity pants, but I'm not comfortable in my regular pants either (unless they ride real low). I'm currently wearing a pair of pre-pregnancy low-riding jeans (size 4) with a hair tie keeping the button together

But, feeling rather bloated again today, I just pulled out the tape measure...5 inches!!! Yikes!

I haven't gained any real weight, I'm fluctuating between 3-4 pounds, but I did that before getting pregnant (I've never been a real steady weight, I can vary within 5 pounds in just a regular month). No wonder some pants are starting to be uncomfortable if my waist is up that much!!! Wow!

Anyone else???

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#2 of 6 Old 02-20-2009, 07:05 PM

Yup, I'm up about 4 inches around the waist, and 6 lbs. I'm 12 weeks. Seems like quite a lot for a first timer, at this rate, come September I will be a walking bean bag!

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#3 of 6 Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 PM

LOL I don't think my waist has changed at all - but I think that comes with being heavy.... I have some room in there things are just moving around (especially since I've LOST weight) BUT, I still can't stand the pressure of pants on my waist or anywhere around it anymore, makes me crazy! I'm just wearing maternity or drawstring, SO much more comfy

I think you skinnier girls just have no place for it to hide!!!

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#4 of 6 Old 02-21-2009, 05:01 AM

I haven't been out of my pajama pants in like a month, so I guess I don't know. Maybe I should try on some jeans or grab a measuring tape. I would love to see some progress!

: 10/06 : 10/09
#5 of 6 Old 02-21-2009, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
I think you skinnier girls just have no place for it to hide!!!
It doesn't help also that I'm extremely short torsoed, the bottom of my rib cage is only about 1/2-3/4 inch above the top of my pelvis bones. So there's no where for my organs to go except straight out!! LOL!! I got ridiculously huge in my first pregnancy, gained over 50 pounds (thanks to pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes) and delivered a 9+ pound baby! It wasn't quite as bad the second time (only gained 30 pounds) but this time I'm showing even earlier.

Look out September!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#6 of 6 Old 02-21-2009, 01:02 PM

that's funny! I'm a short girl myself, but long torso-ed.....I tend to carry small and have small-ish babies (#1: 7'13'' #2: 6'13'') I'm thankful for that, at least!

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page