damn you celestial seasonings tea!! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2009, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i NEED MY TEA but every box of celestial seasonings has ONE damn ingredient that is not advised for pregnant women! like chicory in the wild berry and hawthorne in the sleepytime!

argh. i am reduced to hot water and lemon. poop.

tell me what you are drinking!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 07:21 PM

I drink green Rooibos by Numi (red bush tea). It is organic, safe and delicious! It doesn't have any caffeine either. I also like the Morrocan Mint by Numi.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 02-20-2009, 08:08 PM

peppermint is fine as is chamomile. there are lots of teas, good luck!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM

Almost anything by Traditional Medicinals is safe - their pregnancy tea is really yummy. I also like the Yogi lemon ginger.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 PM

I do the Tazo Chai, but I also have bulk organic Irish Breakfast Tea and Golden Assam.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

rooibos! oh yeah! yum.

and i just tried some meyer lemon juice w/a lot of honey in very hot water, pretty awesome.

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you like chai tea... you can find the spices for the tea, and just make it without the tea.

That being said, I havent double checked that everything in the masalo is safe for preggos. My mom makes it, so it's not like I have an ingredient list!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love Celestial Seasonings decaf mint green tea. I drink it iced.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM
SMR

I was told that if it's sold in the grocery store and doesn't advise pregnant women to not drink then it's safe. I drink the wildberry tea all the time... Of course, I only use 4 bags for a 2 quart pot, so it's pretty diluted.. but dang, never heard of that! hmmm

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
Old 02-20-2009, 11:08 PM

plain decaf tea has been my thing lately, mixed with a little lemonade to sweeten it and give it some extra flavor, lol

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 02-20-2009, 11:22 PM

I like to make my own blend of red raspberry leaf and peppermint.

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 AM

If you specifically want CS teas, try the Apricot Honeybush. It doesn't have any of those things in it. Last time I was pregnant, I read the labels on all the teas voraciously, and had a list of "not recommended" herbs. This time I'm more with the attitude that most of those so-called risks aren't. If you look around, some people recommend avoiding ginger during pregnancy, yet I live on the stuff to combat nausea (and every doctor/midwife I know has recommended it for that purpose).

From my herbal encyclopedia:
Chicory - is considered... to be a mild tonic, diuretic and laxative.
If you're eating raddicchio or endive or Treviso, those are all chicory.
Chicory root has a very high level of folic acid, and the leaves have a high level of potassium.

Hawthorn - Scientists have discovered that hawthorn dilated blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more freely and thus lowering blood pressure. In addition, it acts directly on the heart muscle to help a damaged heart work more efficiently. Hawthorn works slowly and appears to be toxic only in large doses...

In the 3 herbal books I just consulted, none of them said anything about avoiding either of these herbs during pregnancy.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

User Tag List