Late joiner, intro - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I have been "stalking" some due date forums for the last few weeks and finally decided to join you all (if you will have me). I have really enjoyed the threads here, the vibe from all you gals, and the amount of veggie, home birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering moms! Today I am 9 weeks along :

A few things about me to get started: I am a vegetarian, this is my first pregnancy, my EDD is Sept. 26, I have been married to my best friend since 2007, and we are planning a midwife home birth (possibly water birth).
So far, I have been very cautious about this pregnancy. . .not sure why exactly. My DH and I only TTC for 2 months before I got pregnant and I had been sure it would take us months and months as we are both over 30. So I guess our good fortune to get pregnant quickly has made me feel like something is bound to go wrong (or I'd just feel like that anyway). But it is getting more and more real and we are becoming cautiously ecstatic.
We are thinking girl. . .I got my BFP on Jan 19 (at 4.2 weeks). . .I have gone from someone who loves food to someone who hates most food (hope that changes soon) and have had most of the symptoms in the book, but not a lot of actual throwing up.

This is getting long, so nice to meet you all and I can't wait to join your conversations for real now!
How do you create the cute little tickers at the bottom of your posts?

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#2 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 01:26 PM

Welcome!

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
#3 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 01:29 PM

No - we won't have you j/k

WELCOME!!!!!!

can't wait to get to know you - happy and healthy pregnancy vibes to you! I stink at the ticker things - so I'm the wrong person to help

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#4 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 PM

#5 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 02:12 PM

:

for the tickers, I think most just use the smilies and type them up. If I'm wrong, correct me ladies.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#6 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 PM

go to "user cp" at the top of your screen, clcik "edit signature"

to make the ticker you type out your info (or just c/p one of ours), and you pick what smilie you'd like to use as your "moving object". you change it yourself every week

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#7 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 05:40 PM

Welcome! I am also due on 9/26 and I also found out on 1/19! I have been very anxious as well. To get pregnant with my son, it took a year and half and fertility treatments. This time, it was one month of trying and there it was! I couldn't believe it. I think I feel like I didn't "earn"it this time or something, but I have been terrified of something going wrong. I guess sometimes good things happen!
#8 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!

Sammyloo--can't believe we share both a EDD and a BFP date. How cool! I was actually convinced that we couldn't have gotten preggo that cycle and only took the test to reassure myself that my period was about to come. I was a couple days late, but had been having cramps so thought it was due any minute. When I saw the two lines (one was still a lot lighter then) I was shocked. . .and quickly took another one. I guess its still sinking in

I think I'm getting the hang of the signature/ticker thing. I look forward to the months of commiseration to come

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#9 of 10 Old 02-22-2009, 03:50 PM

welcome!!

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
#10 of 10 Old 02-22-2009, 04:15 PM

Hi and welcome! We share the same EDD but this is #4 for us.

proud mama to: DD (8/02), DS (12/03), DS (11/06), DS (9/09) and pos.gif EDD 11/1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page