I am getting so big! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am getting bigger and bigger each week, I totally looked pregnant and I am only 10 weeks (tomorrow). I had my first midwife appointment and she tried to feel my uterus, but couldn't because it is still too small and she said it is probably still behind my pelvic bone. She said not to worry as she wasn't expecting to be able to feel my uterus this early on but just want to check in case she could. I asked her why I'm so big, and she said all the muscles relax, which is what causes it. But I am seriously getting big! I can't believe none of it is baby! It almost makes me feel fat!

Anyone else getting quite big already?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 10:53 PM

Me! I'm bigger than I've ever been at this point (I'll be 9w on Tues) with any of my other pgs. On Friday, my OB said that my uterus is much bigger than what she'd expect at 8.5w, but that it could be due to the fact that this is my 4th baby. I'm having an u/s on Thurs, though, to rule out twins because of my uterus size and the fact that my really bad m/s is worse this time around, too.

But my stomach is huge, too- so my pants aren't fitting either. I'm going to be wearing maternity clothes earlier with this one than any of the others, looks like.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:30 PM

Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone in my premature hugeness.
My tummy *popped* yesterday, at exactly 10 weeks, but it popped from the top! I'm still in my regular pants, whereas in my first pregnancy I was in looser pants at 7 weeks. I still can't feel my uterus at all. But right below my ribs, I look like I did at four months the first time. It's like I'm getting bigger from the top down, it 100% makes sense if it's because my muscles are just giving in. I don't mind personally, but it's a bit of a drag since I haven't told my boss yet. I want to hold off another month maybe, but I don't think it's possible now
I do love having a bit of a baby belly though!

Me + him = DS 01/08 & DD 09/09 X2
Old 02-21-2009, 11:39 PM

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee too.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 02-22-2009, 12:20 AM

Me! I just posted about my waist gaining 5 inches already...and I started out with a nice tight 6 pack abs with very little extra skin or fat covering it! I haven't tried to feel for my uterus in a few days, I'll try tonight, but I'm sure that none of it is baby, it's just bloating and general abdominal "distress". Not only do I have a touch of morning sickness, but rotavirus just made its way through our house (and it was nasty, too) and there's still some remnants of that (yucky feeling tummies, a few runs to the bathroom still...) PLUS, I've been craving types of foods that would make me a bit bloaty even before I was pregnant, so I'm sure that's not helping!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
Old 02-22-2009, 01:11 AM

I'm getting big too! In fact, I was going to start a thread like this also; glad to know I'm not alone. I can definitely feel my uterus--I've been able too for a while, and it's been cool to feel it grow so quickly!

So I guess it's true, then, what they say about second, third, etc babies? That you "pop" much earlier? Cause I too am almost feeling funny about how big I am already...

p.s.--anyone wanna add photos?

crochetsmilie.gif mama to DD 8/06, DS 9/09

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul jammin.gif
Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 PM

I have been showing for a couple of weeks now. This is baby #4 for me (pregnancy #5), so I expected to show earlier, but not this much!

Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM

i have been shocked at how preggo i look. and i forget, so here i am am, still wearing my regular shirts and stuff, belly poking out, and my friends who dont know i am preggo are all looking at me like.......um........whats up?

so now everyone knows - i was really trying to hold off telling til after 12 weeks/cvs test.......

all of my maternity clothes are in the attic. i am still feeling weird about getting them out, so i have only 1 pair of non sweatpants that i still fit into!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 PM

I have one pair of maternity pants that I wear pretty much every day. And I have a few non-maternity shirts that I have been rotating...

Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 PM

tofutti, i've been trying to keep this under wraps for the most part, and now everyone who sees me knows i'm pg! and it's weird saying "2 months" when people ask how far along i am- i've never looked this pg this soon before.

all about the sweatpants here, too

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 02-23-2009, 04:52 PM

Not in your DDC. Just wait, ladies, until you are in your last few weeks! Talk about HUGE! My husband says I look like I'm about to "spontaneously combust".

-
Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM

Yep me too - I'm trying to not tell anyone until 12 weeks, but it's getting hard! I've had 3 people ask my mom if I'm pregnant... obviously not hiding it well. I don't think I look THAT big.

Part time working mama to my awesome 2 yr old dd, and newborn ds hbac.gif

angel1.gif 8/08

Old 02-23-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Not in your DDC. Just wait, ladies, until you are in your last few weeks! Talk about HUGE! My husband says I look like I'm about to "spontaneously combust".
LOL, a few of us have BTDT, several times I always freaked people out in stores, etc. when they asked when I was due (at the end when you feel AND look like you're going to pop any second) and I'd answer, "Yesterday! And I'm having contractions right now!!!"

Old 02-23-2009, 06:15 PM

I am feeling huge too, all in the front. Of course my MW says that the pregnancy doesn't impact the body yet at this point. I was annoyed b/c it sounded like she was trying to say I shouldn't attribute the belly to the pregnancy. I haven't gained any weight so this belly is coming from somewhere!!

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:00 PM

My belly has definately gotton more round in the last week. For awhile it seemed that it got bigger at night...maybe end of the day bloating?
But yesterday it started in the morning. ha ha. I think it has to do with my already stretched out muscles. They seem to be relaxing.
I'm a preschool teacher and haven't told the children and families yet. Yesterday I was thinking that I'd have to tell them soon. I think my bulky fleeces have been hiding my tummy but soon they'll know. Especially when I start rubbing my belly without thinking about it.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 PM

I think I was showing before we conceived.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:21 PM

me.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeys_mom View Post
I am feeling huge too, all in the front. Of course my MW says that the pregnancy doesn't impact the body yet at this point. I was annoyed b/c it sounded like she was trying to say I shouldn't attribute the belly to the pregnancy. I haven't gained any weight so this belly is coming from somewhere!!
Geez, I don't get this at all! I mean, the top of my uterus is already halfway up to my belly button already--it's gotta be pushing intestines/stuff around and pushing things out, right? Maybe I'm just feeling defensive because I definitely have a serious belly!

crochetsmilie.gif mama to DD 8/06, DS 9/09

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul jammin.gif
Old 02-24-2009, 05:05 PM

its also kind of depressing cause with my last pregnancy i didn't look PG for the LONGEST time! i never got big til the last minute!

i guess thats what they say, the second one shows quicker -- but also the second one is a faster easier birth (fingers crossed) so if looking, uh, hefty, is the price i gotta pay then.......i will take it

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad others are feeling the same way as me. I got big really fast with ds, so I was expecting to get big early on with this one, just not this big! I keep meaning to post a picture, but I keep forgetting to ask dh to take on of me.

I just wish I had some clothes that fit me. I have outgrown all my clothes, and all but one pair of my next size up pants. I am 20 lbs less than I was when I got pregnant with ds and so I don't fit into any of my maternity clothes, which is such a pain!!!! My legs are just too skinny now. And my next size up shirts are too wide, even with my belly, and my regular shirts are getting to short because of my belly, and my maternity shirts are waaay to big, of course. I feel like I have nothing to wear!!!! I have 2 bins crammed full of maternity clothing and none of it fits! I've bought a few second hand maternity pants that fit but I really can't afford anything more.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 AM

me too! my belly is very round... my waist is 4-5inches bigger now than before the new year ... yesterday i decided to actually try to get 'dressed up' for work rather than wearing the same pants again, and NONE of my cute skirts would zipper up more than an inch or two from the top ... was a bit shocking for me...
but i'm heading to an awesome secondhand shop this weekend to try to find some new work clothes... i'm fine at home with yoga pants, but have only one pair of work pants that still fit... i'd actually taken in the waist on them in the fall, and will be letting it out today.

i'm happy that i'm healthy and growing, but a bit shocked that i look so pregnant already...

User Tag List