Any September VBAC's? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2009, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all - trying for VBAC with #2, due Sept 1st! Any other VBAC hopefuls out there?

I'm doing a hospital birth this time, attempted a hb with #1 and had to transfer with subsequent c-sec. I have to say, with my 1st pregnancy I was NOT scared at ALL. I pushed all fear out of my mind like it was poison, refused to hear other's birth trauma stories, never watched A Baby Story, threw out the What To Expect books that were given to me. I was SO IN THE ZONE if you know what I mean. This time? I'm freakin scared. My midwife that I used for the hb had a 5% section rate, and I was really thrrrrilled with that. I thought I'd NEVER have to transfer or c-sec. Now that my "worst fear" came true, I can't help but wonder what is in store for this birth. I'm almost expecting the worst as a form of reverse psychology - like, maybe if I expect the worst THIS time, it won't happen, because last time I didn't and just look what happened!

I'd love to do another hb but...I'm scared. I live in an area where you don't want to go to one of the closed hospitals with a splinter, let alone an emergency labor intervention. Not that I'm not terrified of a hospital birth - I'm freakin terrified of that too!!! I have yet to choose a midwife, or hospital, because I just don't know what to expect and I don't want to go into this with the deck stacked against me. I think I have options; unfortunately it'll be a bit of a commute!

Well, that's my "about me", anyone else?

:
:
:
:

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 12:36 PM

Not VBAC, but wanted to offer and suggest the book "Birthing from Within"... It might help you process your first birth a little better and help you prep for this new little one.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:26 PM

This is my second VBAC. I VBAC'd twins a year ago. I LOVE I-CAN. I couldn't have done it without them. I am planning a home birth.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am a vbac after 3 csects. I have also had 3 vbacs. I went csect, vbac, vbac. Then doctors just started refusing to do vbacs so I got stuck with a csect and then csect...strictly due to policy. I felt...well "birth raped" with those babies. The 6th child, I was early so the hospital spent a bunch of time trying to stop my labor. As a result, by the time they gave up, it was soo late for the csect. After that, I felt convicted to never have a csect again. I do not care if I give birth at home, whatever, I am not letting them chop me open. I see little point in going to the hospital since I know they will demand a csect and then refuse me epidural and medical care when I say no.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:50 PM

I am planning a vbac also...no birthcenter would do it in my area...i was soo disgusted when had my first hospital apptm this time...i started labour in a birth center with #1 and had to do csection in the end

i have just found out that the cut into my cervix and so i will meet a doctor next week who will consult me if a vbac is possible or not...i do work with the midwives of the hospital but i don't feel like the totally believe in a vbac...

sigh...it sucks to have had a csection that you cant hide...i totally believe i can do this but there is all these policies and other stuff...my husband is also freaked out and doesn't feel safe with a hb
Old 02-22-2009, 08:48 PM

My DD flipped from vertex to breech at week 37. Her birth was a scheduled c-section. I have found an MD I think I can work with in my plan for a VBAC. I'm a little concerned about interventions in the hospital & would love to feel comfortable with HB, however I'm only almost there & my DH is just not.... I plan to hire a doula & have hooked up with our local ICAN group.

Murphysangel, I didn't really pay any attention to the info on c-section in our birth classes. It was so foreign to me. I am not a petite woman & while I didn't think it would be easy, I just figured that this body was designed for birthing. The c-section was a shock--even with a week to prepare. I can imagine that it was even more of a shock for you.

I sure wish our society had a better approach to birth as a whole. It's nuts, Lisa1970, that after successful VBACS you were forced into surgery.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 PM

I'm hoping for a VBAC too. My MW was saying all I need is a smaller baby & better position! I'll do my best...

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Smaller baby - that's my goal too. I got to 8cm last time with #1 so my midwife says no prob if I have a smaller babe. I'm a tiny person as it is, but I had the same attitude as you, AuntieM - the female body is meant to birth babies and it knows best what to do. Hopefully it will prove my right with #2!

Lisa1970 - you are amazing. 'nuff said!

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
This is my second VBAC. I VBAC'd twins a year ago.
how wonderful! I figured most docs delivered twins via c-section these days. I rarely hear of someone who had twins vaginally.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 AM

i am hoping for a VBAC. was planning for a homebirth, but am not sure if it will work out. i called the only midwife in my area in Nova Scotia, and she is not sure she will be practicing after the summer. our backwards provincial gov't has decided to get involved in midwifery and implement a new regulated program for midwives, and my area of the province has chosen NOT to be involved in the project... sigh... i am so incredibly upset.
i emailed another midwife that is several hours away, but have not heard back. given my c-section history i'm not sure a UC would be the safest option for me, but i absolutely do not want to labor in a hospital environment. i am hoping the local midwife may choose to attend births afterall... she mentioned that she might attend 'under the table' as more of a labor supposrt person... but was not sure.
she also told me that there are no doulas that she knows of in our area. i had no idea that our province was so behind in terms of alternative birth choices. the hospital i would have to deliver in is over an hour away from my home... i am trying to remain positive and hope that i will be able to labor and birth in my home
Old 02-23-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
how wonderful! I figured most docs delivered twins via c-section these days. I rarely hear of someone who had twins vaginally.
I was a surrogate twice and my first section was due to twin presentation. The VBAC was a HUGE battle, but I am really proud that I didn't just let them bully me into another section.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  

User Tag List