Feeling Baby Move - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-25-2009, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's the soonest that you can feel your baby move when pregnant? I was reading in my pregnancy week by week book and they said that if you feel movement at 10 weeks (how far I am), it is not the baby, and just gas. I don't think I feel the baby moving yet, but I am really anxious to start feeling it, since it brings so much comfort to be constantly reminded that the baby is okay because you can feel them moving around in you. I didn't start feeling ds until I was 24 weeks pregnant, which was such a long wait! My placenta was in front, which I think is why it took so long to feel any movement. I really hope I feel something sooner than that this time!

Has anyone felt their baby moving yet?
#2 of 21 Old 02-25-2009, 11:23 AM

I've felt my other 3 right around 20wks. But I was thin and I've heard that that makes a lot of difference.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#3 of 21 Old 02-25-2009, 12:17 PM

I didn't feel dd until around 21 weeks, but the second time, with ds, I felt him at 11w5d. I was shocked to feel him so early, but it was unmistakable, and it continued from then on. I'm sure hoping to feel this one soon, too!

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#4 of 21 Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 PM

I'm about a 18-20weeker, myself. and I'm a semi-fluffy Mama!!!

I find my hand is constantly on my belly when I'm resting just waiting for that little squirm, yk?

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#5 of 21 Old 02-25-2009, 03:06 PM

oh btw, I DO think I somtimes feel the munckin kicking my bladder. Not that I feel the kicking, I just feel the pang in my bladder (it's actually what was making me think I was getting a bladder infection, but then I realized it came and went )

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#6 of 21 Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM

20 w on the nose with dd
but she was my first
I am hoping for earlier this time

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
#7 of 21 Old 02-25-2009, 10:11 PM

18 weeks for #1
15 weeks for #2
17 weeks for #3

I am very thin if that makes a difference to anyone. No movement yet at 13 weeks....

Maria :, mom to 4 cuties with 1 sweet hubby
doula, childbirth educator and midwife wanne-be!
#8 of 21 Old 02-26-2009, 04:44 AM

15 weeks for #1 - a "bubbles" feeling and at 16 weeks it was more convincing
#9 of 21 Old 02-26-2009, 09:21 AM

I felt my first child a lot farther along than my second, probably after 20 weeks. My second child I remember feeling around the 14th week. I had an u/s this week and I'm currently 9 wks and the baby was moving up a storm on the screen and I didn't feel a thing.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#10 of 21 Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 PM

I am at 12 weeks 2 days and I can't wait to feel the little one move. I have had no morning sickness. I guess I want more conformation that there is a little one inside of me as in feeling it move. I also find myself lying real still just hoping that I'll feel some movement though I know its many weeks away!!

Bre
Wonderful mom to Jojo,: girlfriend to Eric:and expecting in 9/09
#11 of 21 Old 02-26-2009, 06:01 PM

14 weeks with dd

: 10/06 : 10/09
#12 of 21 Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 PM

I was 15 weeks with Piper.

I thought I felt some sort of movement last week. Not kicks per se, but more like the baby was shaking my entire uterus and so I could feel the uterus moving, but not the baby itself. It stopped, though, so I doubt it. It was just an odd wiggly feeling I'd never had before.

Wendy

Wendy, certified child passenger safety technician
Mommy to Piper Mayhew (7/26/02) and my unassisted homebirth Laine Anjou (9/16/09)
#13 of 21 Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 PM

With our daughter I felt her move for the first time in the first trimester...sometime around 10 weeks or so. It felt like a fish in my belly. Definately different than gas.

I'm 11 weeks now and have felt some tiny, slight movements in the past week or so, also very different from gas. I'm excited to start feeling more little jabs and kicks.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#14 of 21 Old 02-27-2009, 12:48 AM

i'm 11 weeks today and have been feeling "pops" mostly on the left side for a few days now. who's to say it's "just gas"? i don't trust everything i read in books, and i'm sorry but i don't feel those kinds of pops when i'm not pregnant, so i'm gonna believe it is the baby.

#15 of 21 Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 PM

if you search you can find my thread claiming i felt movement at like 7 weeks?

but i swear it was!

i havent felt anything like that since. meaning, it wasn't gas. it was a wiggly, flippy, totally bizarre feeling!!

so i dunno

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#16 of 21 Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM

It's been about a week earlier with each pregnancy.

DS--15W
DD--14W
GS Twins--13W
GS Twins--12W
DS--11W

I keep thinking I am feeling stuff, but I won't really let myself say that that's it.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#17 of 21 Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 PM

With DS1 it was 13-15ish weeks, but with DS2 I SWEAR it was 9.5 weeks I felt something like a giant goldfish in a waterballoon. I was told by everyone it wasn't possible, but eh. Never feel that when I'm not pregnant, and I've paid attention after he was born. I'm assuming I'll get the same feeling sometime soon.

Bean : Mama to DSs and (& :, 4 goats & 7 ) and two fraternal twin BOYS 9-19-09 (+ 1 daytime boy)
#18 of 21 Old 02-28-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post
i'm 11 weeks today and have been feeling "pops" mostly on the left side for a few days now. who's to say it's "just gas"? i don't trust everything i read in books, and i'm sorry but i don't feel those kinds of pops when i'm not pregnant, so i'm gonna believe it is the baby.
I think the reason you won't feel it when you aren't pregnant is because everything is moved around in there to accomodate the growing baby. I started having the gassy feelings and bowel distention very early on this time around and I remember it all from the last time. But your body is different when you have all those changes and growth going on in there. That's likely why we wouldn't feel it the same way when not pregnant.

#19 of 21 Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 AM

I wonder if our size body makes a difference in how soon we feel the baby move? I wonder if someone who is thinner or larger would feel it sooner? I was much thinner with my first pregnancy but felt the baby way later on, whereas with my second pregnancy I felt the baby by 14 weeks and I was a lot more overweight. This time I'm quite a bit thinner so hopefully I will feel something sooner.

#20 of 21 Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
I wonder if our size body makes a difference in how soon we feel the baby move? I wonder if someone who is thinner or larger would feel it sooner? I was much thinner with my first pregnancy but felt the baby way later on, whereas with my second pregnancy I felt the baby by 14 weeks and I was a lot more overweight. This time I'm quite a bit thinner so hopefully I will feel something sooner.
I have very little subcutaneous fat (thanks for telling me, OB who did cesarean ) so I think that has a lot to do with it. I am NOT that skinny and I have twin skin now, but I don't have a large abdominal fat layer so I think that might have something to do with it. All my fat's in my butt.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#21 of 21 Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It depends on the position of the placenta largely. I was feeling this baby move by 10 weeks. It was ever so slight. But I am positive it was the baby as I am over 13 weeks now and it is the same feeling. Plus, this is my 7th time around so I know what a baby feels like.

I love the pregnancy week by week book, but I do think that an experienced mom would feel it earlier, as in, recognize it earlier. I seem to recall with one baby, he had an anterior placenta and I did not feel him move for some time. I do not recall feeling any of the babies move as early as this one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page