good news! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WHOOT! thought i'd share some happy news. it seems we have a ton of sad, sad news around here. really! statistically it seems like more than normal. i finally have my first MW appointment set up for next week!!!! it's about time if you ask me. the MW we chose is so busy though but she's worth the wait IMO. i'll have an internal exam.... yikes...ewww......wish me peace, i'm a bit nervous about it too. not sure why.
#2 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 02:52 PM

hooray! Hang in there

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#3 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM

yay for you
I too thought it seemed like a lot of m/c

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
#4 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 09:35 PM

It did seem like a lot....

Do you *need an internal exam? If you dont *need one and it icks you out I cant see how any professional midwife would insist you have one. It IS a very invasive procedure.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#5 of 7 Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
WHOOT! thought i'd share some happy news. it seems we have a ton of sad, sad news around here. really! statistically it seems like more than normal. i finally have my first MW appointment set up for next week!!!! it's about time if you ask me. the MW we chose is so busy though but she's worth the wait IMO. i'll have an internal exam.... yikes...ewww......wish me peace, i'm a bit nervous about it too. not sure why.
Good News ! I hope you have a happy visit!!! Wishing you peace vibes , I know a week seems like a lot but it will be here fast!

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

#6 of 7 Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post

Do you *need an internal exam? If you dont *need one and it icks you out I cant see how any professional midwife would insist you have one. It IS a very invasive procedure.
i think i would like to know how big the baby is and stuff.
#7 of 7 Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Theres actually very little you can tell from an internal exam. You can look for chadwicks sign, Which is a blue-ish/violet tinge to the cervix and mucous membranes that confirms pregnany. And you can guestimate how many weeks gestation by the enlargement of the uterus. You can also feel for how large the tubes and ovaries are. Also, if you tap the cervix, and the woman is thin or beginning her 2nd trimester, you will feel the embryo float up and tap your other hand (the one on the belly) and then come back down.

You cant tell how big a baby is, and I dont know what "stuff" means, were you unsure of how far along you are? Im curious as to why the midwife wants to do an internal anyway? Pelvemetry?

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page