Craps, man! I am starving! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seriously. How is it humanly possible to eat and be stomach growling hungry within 10 minutes?

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#2 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 PM

I just started feeling this way in the last few days - only I'm simeotaneously starving and not wanting to eat a darn thing!

Absolutely ravenous!

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#3 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 02:14 PM

ditto to julia

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#4 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM

I'm with you. I think I ate 6 full meals yesterday... or was it 7? Really annoying.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#5 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
I just started feeling this way in the last few days - only I'm simeotaneously starving and not wanting to eat a darn thing!
I'm the same way! I buy stuff like spinach, asparagus, and other good stuff thinking that if it's there I'll eat it. When I go to eat it, just the sight of it makes me sick. I asked the baby to please stop making me crave french fries and Costco Polish dogs (before it was cheeseburgers, now it's Costco dogs!) but s/he doesn't seem to be listening. LOL! At least I'm able to make fruit smoothies (strawberries, peaches, blueberries with some flax seeds) or eat clementines without wanting to puke after one bite/sip!

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#6 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 04:43 PM

RAVENOUS!!!! All the time! And this pregnancy, unlike my other two, I'm allowing myself to eat anything I want at that moment (if I can get my hands on it) and you know what? My morning sickness has been MUCH better! I wonder about that...with my first pregnancy especially I forced myself to eat healthy foods and I ended up throwing most of it up. My second pregnancy I would either eat healthy and throw up, or not eat and dry heave. This time, I'm eating what I want, and not throwing up. I'm also not gaining weight (yet) but that might catch up to me in the coming weeks

I am very good about going to the gym post partum, and we're a very active family, AND I managed to lose all my baby weight (plus ten pounds!) even after my first pregnancy where I gained over 50. So I'm not worried about my body really, I'm more worried about nourishing the baby. I try to be good and throw in some fruits and veggies when I can, but if a Wendy's chicken sandwich sounds good, gues what's for dinner!!!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#7 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM

Well, you never know when the baby is growing! Eat when you want to.
#8 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 PM

i am starving too, it is OFF THE WALL!!!

DH was laughing, saying that all i say anymore is "oh my god i am starving"

i am shopping and cooking up a storm to satisfy the cravings..........

its ENDLESS! definately starchy and fatty stuff is ruling my world.

last night -- home made mac n cheese and tomato soup, so good

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#9 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 PM

Me too! Both starving and not into food at all. . .never thought those could go together! I'm a graduate student and I can't make it though more than one hour and half class without a snack. I am starting to think that my fellow students must be wondering why I eat all the time!

Actually the last few days I have noticed an increase in appetite and decrease of nausea, which is exciting, but on the other hand makes me feel nervous. . .I didn't think my symptoms would subside already. I'm only 9.6 weeks. Trying to just go with the flow. When hungry eat, when nauseus. . .well, eat if possible

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#10 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM

tofutti - we would be good eating 'buddies.

holy crap. here here. i can't eat enough. i feel like its all i do. i'm afraid of my weigh in at the next appt. i started out at 118lbs, and there is no way i haven't gained at least 5 in the last 2.

its non stop. i'm like a cow.

moooooooooooooooo.

i get fixated on something too. i have been through the following HAVE TO HAVES for 2/3 days in a row..and then Im totally over it:

mac and cheese
chicken salad sand.
BLTs
grilled cheese and tomato soup
eggs salad
hot dogs with coleslaw (nice)
lots of pulp OJ
havarti and crackers

im outta control. and lately - its been salads at home with homemade RANCH dressing. last night i had one with some chicken tenders cut up and cheese.

all of this stuff i loved to eat before - so that hasn't changed, i just have to eat all the TIME!

crazy thing is, i always feel full, but i can always eat. i wouldn't say i'm comfortable with this - the constant bloat sucks...but its the only thing that keeps the nausea away.

32 - son born 9/21/09
#11 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM

what's worse for me is having m/s and feeling just horrible and then a few minutes later being absolutely ravenous. It's soooo weird I tell ya.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#12 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproof View Post
i get fixated on something too. i have been through the following HAVE TO HAVES for 2/3 days in a row..and then Im totally over it:
me too. almost anything with cheese is good. My fave right now is pimento cheese sandwiches. I love tomatoes right now, sandwiches, anything with mayo basically, lol....and tomato soup, yummmmy!

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#13 of 13 Old 02-27-2009, 05:56 PM

zenproof that's so true!

poor DH. i will make like an entire VAT of mashed potatoes/cole slaw/bbq chicken whatever and the next day i am -- "get it away from me!!!! you eat it!!! i can't look at that ever again!!"

so fascinating, the cravings: "must must have it" and the "no thats not quite hitting the spot, nope, not that either" and finally "yup! that did it!" and "ahhh...."

woah. that sounded scarily like a discussion about, uh, erm, something else.

p.s. egg rolls, egg rolls, egg rolls. burritos, burritos burritos! get out of the way!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page