Mothering Forum banner

Sick. Crud.

656 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dmitrizmom 
#1 ·
I'm sick with an upper respiratory thing. Went to the doc (grudgingly - but have a history of significant sinus infections that end up turning into pneumonia). She gave me a category C med.
: I'm glad that I read the package insert before taking it. Neti pot, massage, adjustment, moist heat aren't helping. I just need something to stop the drainage.

I am reminded of how much I hate being sick... and how much more I hate being sick while pregnant.

See less See more
#2 ·
that's the worst! I somehow generally manage to avoid being sick when preggers - I hope the trend continues.

I'm sorry and I hope you feel better soon

#3 ·
You called back and got a different med, right? I thought all 'cillins and 'mycins are safe in pregnancy...but I never had to have abx in the frist trimester though. You should be able to take a z-pack, right?

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

#5 ·
That sucks!
I agree, get another abx if you haven't already. My sinus infections are always bacterial, and I've wound up with pneumonia more than once by trying not to treat them w/abx. The drainage sucks, ugh. The only thing I can think of us lots of warm salt water gargling to help keep the back of your throat clear.

#6 ·
Actually went to the pharmacy and got some OTC meds that are ok for pg. The med that she gave me was a nasal antihistamine. She refused to write a Rx for abx as she said, "well, you don't have a fever and the discharge is clear." Completely ignored my history and treated me like a moron.
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.