Sick. Crud. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sick with an upper respiratory thing. Went to the doc (grudgingly - but have a history of significant sinus infections that end up turning into pneumonia). She gave me a category C med. : I'm glad that I read the package insert before taking it. Neti pot, massage, adjustment, moist heat aren't helping. I just need something to stop the drainage.

I am reminded of how much I hate being sick... and how much more I hate being sick while pregnant.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 PM

that's the worst! I somehow generally manage to avoid being sick when preggers - I hope the trend continues.

I'm sorry and I hope you feel better soon

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:53 PM

You called back and got a different med, right? I thought all 'cillins and 'mycins are safe in pregnancy...but I never had to have abx in the frist trimester though. You should be able to take a z-pack, right?

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
Old 02-26-2009, 06:06 PM

I am so sorry. My husband worked at a pharmacy during my first pregnancy, and he had to bring home every cold, flu, and step throat that came through. Take care of yourself.

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 PM

That sucks! I agree, get another abx if you haven't already. My sinus infections are always bacterial, and I've wound up with pneumonia more than once by trying not to treat them w/abx. The drainage sucks, ugh. The only thing I can think of us lots of warm salt water gargling to help keep the back of your throat clear.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Actually went to the pharmacy and got some OTC meds that are ok for pg. The med that she gave me was a nasal antihistamine. She refused to write a Rx for abx as she said, "well, you don't have a fever and the discharge is clear." Completely ignored my history and treated me like a moron. :

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

User Tag List