Having a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-26-2009, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to go back to bed and start over!

DS is being crazy and not listening.

We are trying to buy a house, put an offer on one, had inspection yesterday and found out it has mold, so deal is off.

I searched the MLS listings and nothing else looks good/affordable to me.

My DH has been working a lot and not sleeping enough, so he is being a big jerk.

My sister is not letting me borrow her infant car seat because my other sister (due in April) might need to use it when she comes up to visit (she lives 1.5 hours away and most often takes the train--can't she just bring hers with her??). WTF????

So now I have to go spend $200 on a new infant seat and bases.

My grocery budget is spent for the month, so I have to try to be creative and I just can't do it.

I'm sure I could add more to my list, but I'll stop there!

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 PM

Hugs, mama

I hear they even have those sort of days in Australia!!!!

Hang in there.

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#3 of 14 Old 02-26-2009, 08:41 PM

Go take a long hot bath and meditate!

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#4 of 14 Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 PM

whereabouts in chicagoland are you guys shopping? I grew up in the burbs and my parents still live there. Are you opposed to craigslist for the carseat? (I know I'm torn about it....)

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#5 of 14 Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 PM

Ugh, so sorry your day has been crappy! Here's hoping that tomorrow brings peace and less stress

I'm the world's worst creative meal planner, so all I can do is commiserate, but if you tell me what kind of infant car seat you're looking for, I'm happy to help you hunt down the best deal (I'm a car-seat.org junkie and am hopefully taking the CPST class/test this year). Are 2 bases a necessity?

Hopefully DS will be more mellow for you tonight and tomorrow! They seem to know just when to act like wild animals, huh?

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#6 of 14 Old 02-26-2009, 10:29 PM

Tomorrow will be a better day.

$200 seems like a lot for a car seat...is it really nice? If so, maybe you could buy a cheaper one for when your sister comes to visit?

And don't worry about the house...a better one will show up soon. Prices just keep falling, too, so you'll probably just get a better deal!

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#7 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
whereabouts in chicagoland are you guys shopping? I grew up in the burbs and my parents still live there. Are you opposed to craigslist for the carseat? (I know I'm torn about it....)
Not opposed to Craigslist, but I would rather buy/borrow from someone I know who can assure me it hasn't been in an accident.

Infant car seats got so expensive over the last 5 years! Wow! $200 is a just a ballpark for a new seat with 2 bases. Are 2 bases necessary? No, but DH will have the kids on his own probably at least once a week while I work and I don't trust him (yet) to install an infant seat properly without a base. Plus, this babe will be in this seat during the winter and being able to pop him/her into the base and not have the car door open while fiddling to install will be very nice.

#8 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeZoo View Post
but if you tell me what kind of infant car seat you're looking for, I'm happy to help you hunt down the best deal (I'm a car-seat.org junkie and am hopefully taking the CPST class/test this year). Are 2 bases a necessity?
Would prefer a Snugride/SafeSeat or KeyFit--whichever ends up being cheapest!

#9 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 AM

Sorry you had a rough day! Hope tomorrow is better for you

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#10 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 07:47 AM

: I hate days like that.

Tomorrow is a new day!!

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#11 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM

Man, that was yesterday for me!!! Different details, same level of frustration. Today is in fact a better day!!

About the carseat...if possible, don't let it worry you now, you really don't need one until September, and you never know what might happen between now and then. I ended up getting a free hand me down from a neighbor a month before Connor was born, and it was a Peg Perego, with two bases!!! I handed it off to another friend when Connor outgrew it, and that same friend (who now lives out of state) was in town the weekend I found out I was pregnant this time, and she said she is ready to give it back to me!!! So it all worked out...I'll get our same carseat back!

We went through some major frustrations when buying our house, and I was very pregnant with Connor at the time! We actually put the offer on the house a week before he was born, and closed on it when he was 6 weeks old. In between that time, we had significant loan problems (a purely paperwork issue that just took time to sort through) AND Connor was hospitalized twice (we didn't know he had special needs when I was pregnant with him). When we moved into the house a month after closing, Ian was sick with hand foot and mouth, and Connor ended up hospitalized again and having his first surgery (unplanned). It was pure he!l for a while there! But we survived it all...somehow!!

Anyway...things will look better soon, honest!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#12 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm sorry . I had no idea that carseats were soooo expensive. I guess I should start keeping an eye out for them now.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#13 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone!

The evening did get better and today is off to a MUCH better start!

I did some thinking about the car seat--my sister is due in April, so it's possible that by the time Sept comes around she'll have her babe out of the baby bucket anyway. So it might just work out. I'm not going to buy anything until I'm sure.

DS has his preschool program tonight with ice cream sundaes afterwards, so at least tonight will be good.

Oh, and I lost 2 more lbs today. That's 9 lbs overall that I've lost. I have finally started to feel good and eat again, so maybe I'll start gaining some back. I started this pregnancy overweight anyway, so it's not all bad. I still have plenty of padding and fat stores for this baby.

#14 of 14 Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 PM

deb, in case you do wind up having to buy an infant seat, check walmart.com (i know, i know ) snugrides are as low as $90 and bases around $40, I think. The Baby Trend Flex Loc is a great infant seat, too, and can often be found cheaper than a SR. The SafeSeat 1 or SnugRide 32 is going to be more $$, but the weight limit is higher, so it can be used longer. I think you can absolutely do a seat and extra base for less than $200, though

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page