Anyone not thinking about names yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I usually have names picked out by the time I conceive , but this time, I just can't get into it. We were going to be surprised at the birth re: the sex, but DH really wants to know, and I have NO baby clothes, or anything else left from the other 3, so he has convinced me that we need to find out so that I can shop sales. SO- I want to wait till we know pink or blue and then just focus on one name- we have such a hard time coming up with names that both dh and I can live with, it's sort of a pita to have to come up with boy and girl options.

Anyone else's little bean nameless and going to stay that way for awhile?

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 09:58 PM

Yeah. Although DH and I batted around a lot of names while we were TTC (he is from a different cultural background and we want ot find a name that will work for both his family/original language and mine), as soon as we got the BFP we stopped talking names. Part of it our desire to not "jinx" this and also DH doesn't want to start arguing about names till we know the gender.

So we may not even have that conversation till 20 weeks and beyond. That's fine by me. . . I have my secret name favs and I'll just be quietly sticking to my guns on those!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#3 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 PM

Yeah, it's hard for me to do the name thing. My husband and I have emailed back and forth a bit about it, but none of our names are serious. They're ridiculous names.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#4 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 PM

Yep. No. 2 is proving much harder than no. 1 - with Sam we had his name picked out before we were married. Since our son will only be 16 months when his little sibling is born, I'm planning on finding out the sex so I can either keep what we have or give it to a relative and start shopping pink. I think once we narrow it down to either boy or girl we'll have a much easier time choosing. So far I don't like any of the names dh has picked out and he doesn't like my choices either. One thing we can agree on is that we'd like to honor a friend that died earlier this year by using his name (Scott) or his 1st initial as his family does in the Jewish tradition. I've also decided (though we like to agree no matter what) that I can have final say on the 1st name and Mike can have final say on the middle, since #1 has the 1st name that honor's his family member and middle name that honors my father. Secretly I think Mike wants us to name the baby (if it's a boy) after him - but I'm not really into it. I have a hard enough time keeping everyone's name straight, including my own at times! Ahhhh, mommy brain!

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
#5 of 9 Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 PM

We've talked about it a little bit, and have a few top names on our girl list. Boy names are always much much harder for us, and we only liked two boy names last time - the one we used, and the one my brother and SIL used for my nephew 6 months later. lol. So we're kind of stuck there.
One thing this has taught us is to not talk about our name choices with friends or family ahead of time.

Where I live, they will not tell you the sex of the baby at routine ultrasound appointments. It is very unlikely that we will find out ahead of time, although we did find out that DS was a boy late in pregnancy because we had to have a fetal assessment done. I like knowing, so if there is any chance to I will be trying to convince DP that we should ask.

Erin

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#6 of 9 Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 AM

Nathan won't talk about it until he knows the gender. I don't do much about it this time around, just keep a list of names I hear that I like, then I'll bring it up when it's time.

Wendy

Wendy, certified child passenger safety technician
Mommy to Piper Mayhew (7/26/02) and my unassisted homebirth Laine Anjou (9/16/09)
#7 of 9 Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 AM

I can't wait to find out so I can also buy some clothes at consignment sales in the fall this year. : In fact, I may go to some sales this spring just to see if I can find things like a swing or other odds and ends that can be used for either sex.

DH and I have discussed names but nothing in stone yet. We only agree on a couple at this point.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#8 of 9 Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendytthomas View Post
Nathan won't talk about it until he knows the gender. I don't do much about it this time around, just keep a list of names I hear that I like, then I'll bring it up when it's time.

Wendy
us too then we only have to argue once LOL

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
#9 of 9 Old 02-27-2009, 12:16 PM

My 4 and 2 year old are the only ones who have started thinking about names so far. I really haven't gotten the "pick a name" bite yet...and I think my husband would prefer to avoid the topic until after the baby is born . We'll probably start talking about it after we find out the gender at ~20 weeks.

Names my children are considering:
Elmo
Thomas (the Tank Engine)
Pee pee (my 2 yo is potty training)
Oscar (from Sesame Street... not a bad name in itself, but our last name is Meyer...and I can't name my child after a bologna / hot dog no matter how nice the name is)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page