So over the first trimester - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't know who's with me on this, but I am so ready to be past this 1st trimester!

I am tired of hating food, of having bloat but no baby belly, of getting up to pee twice a night, and of being so anxious that something will go wrong.

Can't wait for two weeks to pass, when I will have an u/s, which should give me enough joy to get through the last of this endless trimester. Of course, come September, I'll be wondering what I was complaining about anyway right?

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#2 of 15 Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 AM

I'm with you. I'm almost 13 weeks now but I remember with my 1st I didn't really start feeling better until the 16th week. I'm sick of being SOOOOO tired all the time (like you're underwater all day, or something...), cranky and bitchy to my dh, then feeling guilty, having to pee all the time, and these nasty hormonal headaches! Luckily I have never experienced morning sickness - I just couldn't imagine it on top of everything else - mostly i am just anxious to start feeling better mentally and emotionally. And I guess this is a blessing in disguise, but since I never lost the baby-fat-belly-flap from my ds and c-section, I don't feel like people will be staring at me wondering if I'm pregnant! Hey, I am! I'm not just fat! hehe
m

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
#3 of 15 Old 02-28-2009, 12:39 AM

Uggh. I hear ya. When I found out I was pregnant I imagined that with DD in the picture I would sail through the nine months focusing on her and not indulging myself in my own little hormonal ups and downs. Ha. Instead I am quite frankly alarmed at just how little grace I have managed to muster up in the last 5 wks ... at how the relentless nausea has absolutely worn me down.

The kicker is that DH hurt his back to the point that he hasn't even been able to work for the past 2 wks. So we've been together but just as these two sad sacks, meeting our own needs and those of DD, but not really able to take care of each other. I mean, these are not overwhelming problems; I know. Morning sickness will end and (presumably) his back will heal, but living in "the house of no fun" (well, no adult fun) for weeks on end is starting to make me sad.
#4 of 15 Old 02-28-2009, 12:33 PM

i'm ready.
#5 of 15 Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM

SOOOO ready!

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#6 of 15 Old 02-28-2009, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellemybelle View Post
Uggh. I hear ya. When I found out I was pregnant I imagined that with DD in the picture I would sail through the nine months focusing on her and not indulging myself in my own little hormonal ups and downs. Ha. Instead I am quite frankly alarmed at just how little grace I have managed to muster up in the last 5 wks ... at how the relentless nausea has absolutely worn me down.

The kicker is that DH hurt his back to the point that he hasn't even been able to work for the past 2 wks. So we've been together but just as these two sad sacks, meeting our own needs and those of DD, but not really able to take care of each other. I mean, these are not overwhelming problems; I know. Morning sickness will end and (presumably) his back will heal, but living in "the house of no fun" (well, no adult fun) for weeks on end is starting to make me sad.

I'm so looking forward to 12 weeks too. Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about your DH's back! I don't know how I'd get through these last few weeks if DH had been ill.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#7 of 15 Old 02-28-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmati View Post
Michelle, I'm sorry to hear ...
Thanks a lot. I really think he is starting to move out of it now ... just a little trial for our fam.
#8 of 15 Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM

i am so with you ladies, and damn, i wish i only got up to pee twice a night, i get up like 6 times, which means i am getting very little sleep on top of being tired all the time anyway. also working full time and attempting and failing to help with housework for my poor boyfriend who is also working full time and in school full time.

i'm really ready for a vacation

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#9 of 15 Old 03-01-2009, 10:57 PM

Yep. I just finally got around to blogging about how horridly awful the last two months have been for us. Our house has been constantly sick since early January, including a 4-day hospital stay for my youngest. I've been sick, pregnant, and down right grumpy.

I'm ready for Spring...it means warmer weather, second trimester, the end of cold/flu season, and hopefully the beginning of what will be a nice summer. RIght???! I can pray at least!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#10 of 15 Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
Our house has been constantly sick since early January, including a 4-day hospital stay for my youngest. I've been sick, pregnant, and down right grumpy.
Oh my. I am so sorry to hear that you have had to handle a little one who was not well on top of everything else. Stress on top of sickness: no bueno. I hope that wellness is creeping in to your household ... or storming in.
#11 of 15 Old 03-02-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Oh my. I am so sorry to hear that you have had to handle a little one who was not well on top of everything else. Stress on top of sickness: no bueno. I hope that wellness is creeping in to your household ... or storming in.
Me too!!!!

This week is off to a good start...two healthy boys, and I actually woke up feeling pretty good this morning! Let's hope this is the start of a new trend

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#12 of 15 Old 03-03-2009, 07:37 AM

I can't wait for T2 either!

Married to my perfect match since July 2007 and joyfully expecting our first sometime around September 23rd!:
#13 of 15 Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:

Sorry to hear you are in the house of no fun, we have been floating in and out of this house too, hope your husband heals up quickly. Honestly, I feel like if the weather would just warm up so that we can go out for walks and distract ourselves all would be 100% BETTER! So I'm : for spring.

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
#14 of 15 Old 03-03-2009, 04:18 PM

thought I was better at 10.5 weeks and then it came back
I see my friends at 14 weeks who look like new women
can't wait either

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
#15 of 15 Old 03-03-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
of getting up to pee twice a night
only twice? I'm jealous. I get up about once every hour or hour and a half every night, so probably five to six times per night. I get so thirsty before bed it seems and I drink down a glass of water and that likely doesn't help matters.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page