Fading breast soreness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This last week (week 9) my breasts which have been super sore since about week 5 have been getting a lot less sore. They also don't seem as swollen anymore.

This happening to anyone else? Do you think its normal? Can't help but worry about it, although I've still have my other yucky symptoms

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 08:36 PM

it happened to me. but since i hit the 10 and eleven week mark they got sore again and swollen and i have noticed more veins, so i don't think it is anything to worry about. but i do know how you feel i think cause when mine weren't hurting i got worried also.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:38 PM

I'm pretty sure it's variable, like with all other pg symptoms. I don't think I ever lost my super-sore, swollen breasts w/my other babies. For me, though, nausea and vomiting disappears overnight when it finally does, and I think for most people, it's very gradual. If you still have other symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:36 AM

My breasts aren't a sore this week, but my nipples are super sensitive. It hurt to take a shower last night!

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I also noticed today that my nipples were extra sensitive and darker than normal even though the general tenderness is gone. I guess its part of the ever changing preg body. . .wonder if I'll ever stop worrying about which symptoms are "normal"

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 AM

My breasts KILLED me with my last pregnancy, but with this one they haven't been sore at all... well except for the plugged ducts I keep getting because my 15 month old is on a nursing strike (3 weeks now).

For me I just assumed since I am (was) still breastfeeding the development they go through to prepare themselves for breastfeeding had already happened.

Kimberly
(Mama to West (11/07) Mabel Kelly 10/02/09)
Old 03-01-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejeff View Post
My breasts aren't a sore this week, but my nipples are super sensitive. It hurt to take a shower last night!
Never mind, I guess they were just giving me a break. I'm sore again...it almost hurt to sleep on my side last night! DH sure is enjoying the growth, though

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!

User Tag List