huh?!? colostrum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-02-2009, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
leaking THIS early?

i KNOW it couldn't have been this early with the other 2, and yes i know that each pregnancy can be different, but isn't it way too early for colosrum? i'm not even 14 weeks yet!

after i got up this am, i was getting ready to get dressed, and a drop of colostrum came out of my left rbeast along with a slight tingling (not quite a letdown feeling, was more subtle than that).

how weird is that? what is the earliest YOU have ever had colostrum start leaking in pregnancy?

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#2 of 7 Old 03-02-2009, 06:03 PM

I'm crashing in from the DDC next door...I was leaking at 14DPO, before I took my pg test! I can express colostrum on both sides...it is weird, and I had no idea it would happen this early, although it's probably b/c I just stopped nursing DS in November. He was my first, and with him I was leaking rather large amounts by 20 weeks.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#3 of 7 Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM

I could express colostrum before I even got my bfp! I am only 9
weeks and actually have quite a bit. I have yet to actually leak yet though.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#4 of 7 Old 03-02-2009, 06:56 PM

I'll say it again - I have major supply issues, so I can't imagine this being a problem for me

BUT - I did read that recently, about people having colustrom by the 2nd trimester, so I guess it's normal, hey?

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#5 of 7 Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

my dd weaned in december, and i haven't leaked *milk* since she was a few months old. even in dec. there was really no milk afaik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_stinkyfeet View Post
I could express colostrum before I even got my bfp! I am only 9
weeks and actually have quite a bit. I have yet to actually leak yet though.
is your 2.5 yr old weaned? if so, how long was he weaned before you got preggers?

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#6 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 05:27 AM

Me too! I started last week (10 weeks!) when I got out of the shower. I leaked a ton with DD, but not until about 4 months. It feels like such a waste to just let it go dripping everywhere...like I should try to catch it and bottle it.

: 10/06 : 10/09
#7 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM

DS weaned in June and I haven't had a drop come out since then. (even if I was trying to get some out for one of his boo boos)

But just a few weeks after I got my BFPs (I took 10 tests!) I was leaking colostrum!

Even more bizarre, I was able to express colostrum YEARS before I was pregnant with DS. My OBGYN said it was slightly uncommon but nothing to worry about. I was surprised it went away when DS weaned

0****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****403rdtri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page