Mothering Forum banner

For those due at the END of september

730 views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  TwinsTwicePlusTwo 
#1 ·
I just thought I would say hi to all those due the end of september with me. There is quite the difference between 10 and 14 weeks pregnant, and I find myself thinking sometimes, GOD but I am so far away from feeling not nauseous anymore!

In my mind I am always thinking I am a week farther than I am, for some reason it makes me try to make this all go by faster. This is going so so so so so slow for me..

Just looking for some support from the ladies who really know what it feels like to be the late bloomers of the group.

I am going to probably hear the heartbeat this week though, that makes me excited. I am going to record it on my phone so I can listen when I want!

Liz

#2 ·
Hi Liz,

I'm a fellow late bloomer with a due date around September 24th. It's a tougher position to be in in some ways because you always feel behind. I do appreciate seeing what's coming around the bend, but it would be nice to be leading the group and have people be excited about the milestones. I always feel like I have to catch up and that my milestones are old news (they've all been there done that).

How exciting that you're going to hear the heartbeat! I can't wait to hear mine. My first midwife appointment is in ten days and I'll be just past 12 weeks, so hopefully we'll hear it then.

Anyways, hang in there. I'm sure things are going to start picking up once we're all in T2. And remember, there are a bunch of us in the same boat.

#3 ·
Hi there, I'm due Sept 28th, and went 12 days past with my son! So I am with you in being a later September mama. I am only 10 weeks now, and won't hear the heartbeat until two weeks from tomorrow (hopefully!). Feeling very impatient, and still sicko.
Seriously though, after considering that my friend just had a double mastectomy (at 35), and will be feeling very sick from chemo all I keep thinking is that I am LUCKY to be feeling nauseous from a new little babe inside me.
Not that it isn't VERY uncomfortable and miserable in it's own way! Hoping we feel better soon and ride into the shiny happy 2nd trimester.

#5 ·
Something to remember, EDDs aren't set in stone.
It is entirely possible some of you will go a little early and some of the early moms will go late. Just think... term is 37 - 42 weeks. That is a 5 week range!

The winter I had my ds, my sister and aunt were also due. Aunt due first, me due 2nd, and sister due third... Aunt did go first, but sis and I swapped spots.

#8 ·
Sept 29 here! I've always gone earlier, though, so I'm sure it'll be September sometime.

Hang in there! We're going to be feeling better soon. At least we didn't just POAS and find out, lol!!!

#9 ·
I'm with ya as a late bloomer!
My EDD is Sept 26 and considering how many first time mamas go late, I'm prepared to have an October baby.

I am *anxiously* awaiting the 2nd trimester. . .haven't seen or heard this baby yet, so its all a little unreal. I'm in my tenth week now and they seem to be crawling by.

I guess it will be fun/frustrating to be hearing about the other mamas having their babies in the beginning of Sept while we are still lugging about a huge belly!

#10 ·
Quote:
I guess it will be fun/frustrating to be hearing about the other mamas having their babies in the beginning of Sept while we are still lugging about a huge belly!
But we'll be getting more sleep than them, trust me!!

#11 ·
I'm with you all - due Sept 28. I considered just joining the Oct DDC because it is hard to be so "behind" most of the other women here! I just hit 10 weeks and am FINALLY feeling less nauseated and thrilled about that.

#12 ·
hey, I'm due for #2 on Sept 24th!! We had our first ultrasound last week and were so excited to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. I had a miscarriage last October so I was very nervous about this one until I saw the baby last week. Can't wait for the first trimester to be over!! Have my first MW appointment next Tuesday.

#13 ·
Yep, sign me up for ready for the 2nd trimester anytime now.
I'm due Sept 28th, so I'm exactly 10 wks. today.

Like Omsmom, I had a loss last fall, too, so I swear this has been the longest first trimester on record. And since I found out really early on and have now been tested and scanned within an inch of my life, time seems to just.creep.by. Further, none of my anxiety has been helped by the major spotting and cramping I had from weeks 4-8(caused by a subchorionic hematoma which, thankfully, is going away. FAR, FAR AWAY! I say...)

I wish I could state that my nausea was easing up, but this week has so far been the worst yet. I read somewhere that hcG peaks this week; maybe that's why? Or maybe my post-nasal drip from seasonal allergies is making me feel worse? Both seem plausible.

I'm counting down the days until next Tuesday, the 10th, (I'll be exactly 11 weeks) when I have an appt. to try to hear the hb via doppler for the first time. Provided that goes well, I think I'll finally be able to relax enough to tell people (after the pain of my m/c, this time around we have told very few people; most are still in the dark, including extended family.)

I agree that it's hard to constantly feel like everyone is MORE pg than you are, lol. But it's very true that EDD is not a great predictor of what order we'll actually give birth in. Unlike some women here, I'm just hoping and praying I DO make it to September at all before giving birth, b/c I tend to go quite early (and b/c I really, really want a HB this time, for my last baby.) Only 2 of my 5 children were born in the month they were originally due in, fwiw. Sometimes, during my more random musings, I wonder what that does to their whole Zodiac profiles, to end up a completely different sign than they were due in. Ah, yes, the things the pg brain chooses to ponder, lol!

Guin

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dancemama23 View Post
Hi there, I'm due Sept 28th
I am due on Sept 28th too!!
: Actually, I think I'm due a week earlier than that but we will see who is right in the end, lol, me or the OB.
I was early with my other births.

I heard the baby's heartbeat last week when getting the vag u/s done. It was great!
I have the first baby pic on our fridge.

I am 10 weeks as of yesterday. The m/s has been slowly waning since about 9 days ago. Some days I go without it and sometimes it hits with a vengeance and I do nothing but lay in bed all day staring at a t.v.
I still have to eat mini-meals and I can not let myself get hungry or I get nauseated and it lasts for what seems like forever. However, I can tell the end is nearing for the m/s as it did with my first two. It always gets better for me right near the end of the first tri.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
Unlike some women here, I'm just hoping and praying I DO make it to September at all before giving birth
I'm just the opposite from you. I wish I had an early Sept due date so I might go in August. I've love to have the baby a little earlier than the EDD I have.

#19 ·
My EDD is 9/24, but I'm kind of hoping for 10/2, our 5th anniversary
Although I'm sure that by the time the date approaches, I'll just be ready to hve the baby already!

#20 ·
I'm also due in late September...September 26. I was due November 26 with my son and I remember hating feeling so behind in my DDC on another board that time...now here I am again! I am acutally hoping to hold this little one in until October, since I am an October baby and would love a little pumpkin babe...although, I'm sure I'll be eating my words come late September and ready to just have baby OUT any old time he/she is ready to come!

#22 ·
Sept 28 here too!!

I went into labor on my due date last time, so I hoping I won't go too late. I really want a September baby. Which is kind of strange because I REALLY wanted an October baby last time and he was born in November.

Also last time I REALLY, REALLY wanted a girl, but got a boy, this time I really want another boy.

I am weird.

#24 ·
I'm due Sept. 26th. I am still super sick but have seen the heartbeat on an ultrasound! I was due with my son on Nov. 27th - I was given a shirt that said "due in November" and I wore it everyday in December until he finally decided to arrive! I wouldn't be surprised if I delivered in October!

#26 ·
Yap. I`m going back and forth b/w this DDC and the one below.
I think I`m due at the end of September though I haven`t had my due date u/s yet. This nausea is enough to kill a horse and I could sleep all day if my toddler let me. Let`s just say I`m with ya all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.