Mothering Forum banner

10 weeks.... symptoms gone!

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  darcytrue 
#1 ·
So yea the thread titles says it all. Up until I got a cold last week I had been horribly sick... and tired, ZERO energy, and MAJOR food adversions. Then I got a cold and actually had a little more energy and my morning sickness went away.

I call my midwife yesterday and she said I we could do another ultrasound, but my last u/s (at 8 weeks) looked great...strong heartbeat etc. She said I am little to early to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. She didn't seem to concerned.

Has this happened to anyone else? With my last pregnancy I really strong m/s until 12-13 weeks... with this pg my symptoms have been more intense, but seemed to have ended quicker.

Normal? Advice? Input?

#2 ·
I think everyone's different. I had really bad 1st tri symptoms (everything but m/s thank God) until 16th week at least. Hoping this time will be different, and I do already feel a bit better at week 13. So yeah, i guess it's totally possible!

#3 ·
This has happened to me with both of my pregnancies now - right at the end of nine weeks/beginning of 10 weeks, my nausea slowly disappeared and then one morning I woke up and realized it was totally gone. I'm still tired and crampy, but definitely not as bad as I was the first 10 weeks.

I've heard that at 8-10 weeks your HCG levels start going back down, which can mean that your 1st trimester yucky symptoms start going down too. In my case, that seems to be exactly it since 8-10 weeks is when my symptoms have started lessening.

Obviously, my first pregnancy where this happened resulted in my DD and I just heard the heartbeat at 10.5 weeks for this one, so loss of symptoms can mean no issues. That said, get checked out if it makes you feel more comfortable of course.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xelakann View Post
She said I am little to early to hear the heartbeat on the doppler.
Also, I know it's not always possible, but maybe she could try to hear the heartbeat (especially rather than having an unnecessary ultrasound)? My midwife was able to find the heartbeat for me just recently at 10 weeks, 4 days....

#5 ·
this happened to me too
cold, fatigue etc
then I was great, energy, hungry etc
then wk 12 started and I feel like I am back to the beginning
I agree each pg is different I just don't know what I am going to get from day to day LOL

#6 ·
I am in a similar situation at 13w. I have a terrible cold but have found that I am not as affected by the m/s now. I think I am just so stuffed up that I can't connect with my body very well. I have still felt sick sometimes but not ALL the time. I'm worried the m/s will be just as bad after I get better, oh well

#7 ·
i know you had a bunch of replies already, but let me say that this happened to me. it sounds so silly to be begging for nausea!
i just started feeling better and i freaked out like something was wrong but i think the body just adjusts to all the changes at some point and that is lucky.

occassionally now i get sick feeling for a few minutes. but we heard the baby's heart beat and everything is just fine.

try to relax

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahDC View Post
I just hit 10 weeks and my nausea is WAY better. Not gone, but I can actually eat most anything without turning green. And much more energy. So I'm right there with you

same here. But there are still days here and there where it's pretty yucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.