GRRR... So disappointed w/ US!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I guess I need to vent!!d I am due 9/9/09-So i am at 13wks. I just had my first ultrasound today. I was sooo looking forward to it. I wanted to see this little bundle of joy moving around and see the little heart beat. My 4yr old daughter went with me to see the baby. We get in the room and after waiting awhile, the doc finally comes in. He puts the gel on the us thingy and puts it on my stomach, it shows the babys head. He measures it, then he is done!! He printed me two pictures that you can't even tell is a baby. I didn't see any arms, legs, heartbeat-- nothing!! I am so mad!!!!!
#2 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 PM

oh i'm sorry what a bummer, but hey, atleast you know the baby is alright, right????
#3 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Wow, that is a lame scan. Why was he measuring the head only, was he doing a nuchal thickness test?

On the plus side, due to the short sono, your baby was exposed to less sound waves which some studies show may be a good thing.

Maria :, mom to 4 cuties with 1 sweet hubby
doula, childbirth educator and midwife wanne-be!
#4 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

I guess everything is alright, but until you actually hear the heartbeat- you always wonder. oh- and I called what seems like a million different doctors in my area, and everyone tells me that they won't accept me because I am a diabetic on medicaid. They won't accept high risk pregnancies on medicaid. How stupid!!! Its not my fault I'm a diabetic!! I have lost one baby due to shoulder dystocia which I think would have been ok if the hospital had a nicu. The weather was horrible the night he was born and they couldn't get him transfered in time. This hospital I am going to have to go to again does not have a nicu!!
#5 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 PM

I'm sorry you didn't get see more. I would have been like, "hey a-hole get back in here and let me see more of my baby!" Okay, I would really say that, but I'd be thinking it!

On a side note...so sorry about your angel baby! HUGS!

Kimberly
(Mama to West (11/07) Mabel Kelly 10/02/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page