Mothering Forum banner

Cravings!

440 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  mormontreehugger 
#1 ·
I'm not really hungry for most real foods, but every once in a while I get a craving that has to be met... Today: kosher dill pickles - the kind you find in the refridgerated section of the grocery store. It was so sour and salty and garlicy and crunchy! Heaven!
:

Also, pre-pg, I was a major sweet fiend. Now - NO way. just doesn't sound good. even chocolate isn't sounding good (I know, blasphemy!).

Anybody else craving specific foods?

See less See more
#3 ·
I am the same with sweets, its so weird. I have a box of truffles that DH brought my on Valentine's Day that I haven't even opened. Juts not into it.

But my crave of the week is clementines. . .bought a five lb box yesterday and have already eaten a dozen (they are tiny). Sooooo good!

#5 ·
This week- Italian stuffed artichokes that my Italian grandma makes for me
:
:

Also, salted pretzels and berry sundaes from Sam's Club

i'm a sugar hound normally, too, and just haven't been all that into treats lately. Usually will eat 1 box of Girl Scout cookies in a day
but have only eaten a handful at a time.

Oh- and the Claussen dill pickles! Holy cow, they're good!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post
I'm not really hungry for most real foods, but every once in a while I get a craving that has to be met... Today: kosher dill pickles - the kind you find in the refridgerated section of the grocery store. It was so sour and salty and garlicy and crunchy! Heaven!
:

Also, pre-pg, I was a major sweet fiend. Now - NO way. just doesn't sound good. even chocolate isn't sounding good (I know, blasphemy!).

Anybody else craving specific foods?
The kosher dill pickles was exactly what I bought today ....for my 2 little ones though, who are going gaga for pickles

Have you tried Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate, 99% cocoa? They are sold in 50 g thin bars only, it's my daily medicine: one piece on the way home from work. so good.

#7 ·
Lemonade, can't get enough of it and spinach...I am loving spinach right now which I enjoy when not pg but only occasionally because 3 of the kids hate it.....can't get enough! YUM! Oh and really guilty pleasure is rice krispies with sugar, comfort food and tasting oh so good, I don't normally buy them because of the bad ingredients but when it's all I feel like eating I am indulging right now.

Erin EDD #5 9-15-09

#8 ·
I just had a dream last night that I BINGED (and I'm not a binge eater - I like my junk...but I can make it last, yk? LOL) on both TWINKIES and DING DONGS
How gross is that? I haven't consumed one of those since I was a child. (and I can happily say that my children have no IDEA what they are)

too much - I DREAMED About it!

#9 ·
I am also not into to sugary foods. I've always preferred salty to sweet anyway but it's so obvious now! Weird.

I'm not craving anything right now but I've had a quite a few. Gala apples, fried chicken, potato soup, salad. I'll eat pretty much anything now!

#11 ·
omg now i totally want egg salad, i am going to make it when i get home!

i love things then i never want to see them again, so far it's been waffles, frozen burritos, half sour pickles, orange juice, salad, cheese sandwiches...mmmm

#12 ·
I've been into avocado and cheese sandwiches this week, but now I want egg salad! I'll have to make it this weekend!

And I may be getting my love of salad back finally, yah! There is this one type of cracker which I think I ruined for myself forever (too bad cuz they're good), by eating them whenever I felt nauseous. . .now I can't even look at them in the cupboard w/out feeling green.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.