Mothering Forum banner

I think I'm in...

482 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  xelakann 
#1 ·
We found out yesterday through ultrasound looking for other problems that we're 3 months pregnant and due on 9/21.
We already have a 5yo bio son and a 4mo adoptive daughter. The babies would be less than a year apart. Actually, that's not freaking us out completely--we've had two babies at once before as foster parents.

But usually we lose the babies somewhere between now and the next 4 weeks and this one is already flagged for some problems. So part of me doesn't want to think about being pregnant and the other part of me is looking for support and positive thinking to hopefully nurture my body into working. I'm a high risk pregnancy but after the NIGHTMARE of my son's pregnancy (u/s's every 2 weeks--yes, you heard me--to see if he was alive and growing enough to avoid blood thinners for me and ending with wicked pre-eclampsia and a preemie c/s) I found a new doctor who is beyond awesome. In fact, he's totally fine with VBAC and said that if we were truly forced to c/s and the baby to the NICU (like with my son) that there's no way I wouldn't see him for 24 hours--he'd be sure of that. "There's things we can do" he said.

So I feel like I'm with the right doctor. But after the baby was placed with us, I truly felt at peace and "done" with having more children. AND we were being careful (pending the decision of how to permanently deal with birth control even though we'd been trying for 2 years with no success
)

But I'm here for at least the next 1-4 weeks if not the duration.
Glad to have a birth club with a holistic group this time!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome!

Happy to have another mama. Sending you good vibes that all goes well
: It must be stressful to be high risk and have a little one at home. But MDC is a great place to commiserate and find support!

#4 ·
Thanks. I'm still stunned.

To be honest, I feel so much more at ease with this one. I know that with this doctor and having btdt, it won't be nearly the stress level it was the first time. I also know he won't send me for so many u/s's when he can just measure me... and the u/s's were really stressful.

Now that I HAVE 2 children and am at peace with that, I'm likely not to be as on edge about losing this one if it happens. I'd cry and mourn; but I have children and I was good with what I had. I think that alone will remove a lot of tension, too.

I'm also a WORLD more holistic and healthy. Let's hope THAT helps, too.

Thanks for the sticky vibes! And the welcome! It's KILLING me not to tell the whole world, but I remember when we did and m/c'd. So I'm keeping my mouth shut. In the meantime, you guys are IT!

#5 ·
Yeah, we haven't told anyone yet either. No reason to think there are complications, I just feel reluctant to announce it till the 2nd trimester. So this has been the only place where I get to talk about being pg and not have to continually monitor myself so I don't let it slip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.