feeling braxton hicks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i don't feel a thing! where is everyone else with these? i am 21 weeks. is it possible to not feel any the entire pregnancy? when do they usually start?
#2 of 11 Old 05-09-2009, 09:17 AM

With your first pregnancy, they can start much later. I was closer to 25wks when I started noticing them w/my first. They start earlier w/each subsequent pg- I've been having them for several weeks now and I'll be 20wks on Wed. Pay special attention to your lower abdomen when you have to pee really badly, or after you've been on your feet a lot. Sometimes you miss the tightness of BH because you're uncomfortable from a full bladder or round ligament pain/stretching.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#3 of 11 Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 AM

this is my 3rd, and I'm JUST starting to feel them. For me, they really just feel like a sudden tightening - and it DOES make me feel like I need to pee Once I get just a little bigger, I can also physically feel them with my hand - I mean, your uterus is always kind of hard, but trust me, you can tell the difference when your having a BX. It is absolutely hard as a rock - crazy!

Not to worry, you have lots of time and I would bew seriously surprised if you never did feel any of them!

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#4 of 11 Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 AM

I didn't feel them at all with my first pregnancy until much later. Like 36 weeks. This time they have been more uncomfortable earlier. Count your blessings!

Amy~ Crunchy mummy to Dane (9-15-07) & Kai (9-14-09)
#5 of 11 Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 PM

I never felt them with my last pregnancy. I feel them this time around, and darn, are they uncomfortable!

Cristina
CPST and mom to Toby 6/06 and Caleb 8/09
#6 of 11 Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 PM

I don't remember EVEr feeling them with my first, they started in the 30s weeks with my 2nd and about 28wks or so with my 3rd. This one they started at about 18wks, but now that we know its twins that could explain that alog with this being my 4th pg.

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!
#7 of 11 Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 PM

OH! And sometimes you don't have to feel them for them to be happening! I think that's how it was with my first - I'd feel my belly and it would be all tense and hard - didn't really feel a thing, but it was happening.

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!
#8 of 11 Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 AM

(crashing your DDC)

I've had two babies and never once felt a BH contraction. I don't feel anything until I'm 6+ cms dilated, so my labor is practically all transition, no build up in intensity, just intense the whole time, though thankfully very short (1 hour, 48 minutes with DD, 1 hour 8 minutes with DD2).

Anyway, totally normal not to feel them at all. I seriously never felt so much as a twinge and walked around at 4-5 cms and 100% effaced for a week or more with both PGs.
#9 of 11 Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 AM

keeping in mind that my first pregnancy was 18+ years ago... I don't remember having b/h until I was well past 30 weeks. Some women go their entire pregnancy and never feel any b/h, others (like me) get them noticibly around 18 weeks and then they continue through the rest of the pregnancy. With Sami and Kasi they would get so strong and convincing that I though on more than one occasion with each that I was going into pre-term labor. This time they seem to stay gentle and REALLY far apart but noticible.

Missi: Army wife to Tom, SAHM to Aime (11/90), Morganne (12/94), Samantha (3/05), Kassandra (6/06) and Madison (8/26/09)
#10 of 11 Old 05-10-2009, 07:31 PM

I haven't had any yet and wasn't really expecting any for a while. I don't remember when they started with my first 2, honestly. I think it was later, closer to 30 weeks.

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#11 of 11 Old 05-10-2009, 11:40 PM

i was 30+ wks w #1 before i started feeling them lots

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page