Exhaustion??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not a very frequent MDC poster, I WOH about 50 hours a week and don't have a lot of "social" time. I'm popping in for the first time to this DDC to ask if anyone else is just utterly, bone-tired already? I'm 27w1d and have a 27 month old DD. I go to bed at 9:30 and generally sleep all night till between 5 and 6 am (though lately I've been sleeping later). My DD and I co-sleep (DH sleeps in another room due to space issues) and she is night-weaned. She nurses once a day...right before bed.

I have been trying to increase my protein intake and follow the Brewer diet, but still dealing with pesky food aversions (not really true morning sickness). My hemoglobin was 13 at the start of the second trimester. I'm planning a homebirth.

I don't remember being this exhausted this early the first time around. What suggestions do you all have for helping to get through the day? Would taking a day off to sleep help or am I just in for three months of this?

Sorry for such a long intro post.

Kristine
"Guess date" 09/27/2009

Mama to babygirl.gif 3/2007, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 10/2009,  angel.gif 3/2012, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 2/2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 06-29-2009, 05:46 PM

Freakin tired here, too. I think it's definitely compounded by having a LO to run around after all day. That being said, I'm grateful for being a bit more active dring this pregnancy! I don't remember being this tired with #1 either - except during my 1st trimester. But this time it's seemed to continue way past that! I'm almost 31 weeks! Anyway, I started taking my prenatals in the morning instead of at night b/c I found out that they can be "stimulating" instead of calming. I have also taken full advantage of having my DS take 2 naps a day - and when I need to, I do too! I take at LEAST one nap a day. I simply have to or I crash at 5pm. Like, fall asleep with my fork in my hand at dinner crash.

Taking a day off might really help - especially if it's TRULY a day OFF and you can have someone else watch your LO - maybe even not in the HOUSE at all? It helped me a few weeks ago! DH took my son to his parents' for 2 days and it was HEAVEN.

I've also had everything show up normal for bloodwork and such, and I don't think it has anything to do with my diet. Though I could stand to drink more H2O. I think our bodies just react differently to different pregnancies - and having a toddler to contend with isn't easy! Plus it's damn hot out (well, it's just starting to get hot here again - strange summer!) and that doesn't help - and I'm pretty sure I'd sleep better at night without DS's feet jabbing my throat (he's taken to sleeping sideways - I get the feet end).

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
#3 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 02:58 AM

Yep, tired here. As in, fall asleep at work, fall asleep playing w/DS, exhausted. Totally a bummer--was hoping for more energy, as I had last time 'round.

--Caitlyn, mom to : DS (4/05) and DD (9/09)
#4 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 08:12 AM

complete exhaustion here too... and working 50-60 hours a week. I get home, eat, maybe spend a teeny bit of time with dh and the kids, then crash. If I could nap over lunch I would.

don't know if a day off would help you or not... I know that it won't help me as I will find things around the house that need doing all day long.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#5 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 AM

I agree with pp. It's probably because you have much more to do this time around than you did when pregnant with your last child.

Yesterday I did a few loads of laundry, dishes, vacuumed, worked a few hours (I WAH), went to buy my children a couple of outfits at a local store which took forever, came home and was exhausted by the time I started dinner and couldn't wait to go to bed. We also have a lot going on with a terminally ill parent so that has me stressed and sad. This baby is also feeling so heavy already. I 'feel' like I'm carrying a 4 lb baby already.

I don't know how you mommies do it that work outside the home.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#6 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks to all of you! It somehow feels better to know it's not just me. It was very weird. I'm exhausted all day at work, but last night I got home and had a burst of energy. Swept/mopped my kitchen, did a load of laundry, weeded one garden, picked some strawberries, fed my DD, and had her in the bath by 8:30 pm. Of course I collapsed at bedtime, but who doesn't? Today I'm just beat again.

Dmitrizmom...I have to chuckle. I'm the same way. DH wants me to take a day off...even said he'd take DD out (he is a SAHD). I said I'd just stress about the stuff that needed to get done around the house.

Murphysaangel: It IS hard to sleep while dodging feet. DD is getting "better" about it, but I got a heel to my cheek last night at some point.

Kristine

Mama to babygirl.gif 3/2007, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 10/2009,  angel.gif 3/2012, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 2/2013

#7 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 PM

Me too! I also WOH FT and I think that's the biggest reason I am SO tired. I have no advice whatsoever but it's not just you. :

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#8 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 12:21 PM

i am incredibly tired and i don't know what it is from. it is worse then the first trimester for sure. i am 29 weeks tomorrow. i feel like i am just going to pass out.
we had a really busy weekend getting married and baby shower. my mom was also here so i was trying to get as much time with her as possible.

i would love to go home and go to sleep but we are supposed to do the birth center orientation tonight, however, don't know if i can really do it.

i am anemic but i had never felt really this tired before the past few days.

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#9 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 01:10 PM

Right now, I'm working about 50 hrs a week out of the home, and about 20 hours a week from home. I have a special needs 7 year old, and an 11 month old who still nurses about 3-4 times a night.

I vaguely remember exhausted, but I think I'm so far beyond tired at this point that I've become numb to it. I just keep reminding myself that I'll feel much more 'normal' before we even get to October, and the baby will be a real person, not an abstract concept somewhere off in the future.

I am planning to take a day in a couple weeks to send the kids to their grandparents so I can be a lazy bum for about half a day, then get a bunch of stuff accomplished, I'm hoping that will help.

DH isn't feeling well lately either, so while I'd usually lean on him for support, we're dealing with his health challenges, and I'm taking on MORE of the childcare stuff on my own.

I try to tell myself that the exhaustion is ok, and healthy in fact.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page