My positive thoughts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So often I get on here and complain, ask questions, look for advice...but I think I forget the positive stuff. I have seen threads like this in the past so thought I would start another...instead of finding the old one!

1)LO is plenty active, constantly kicking (or standing on my cervix, not loving that part) punching and jumping around
2)Healthy baby, good size
3)I still have my innie belly button! I don't know why this is a positive for me but it is.
4)I don't feel hormonally crazy or less so anyhow
5)I am back to loving to cook, first trimester took that away, and took all of 2nd trimester to find it again. I love to cook and love to eat. I made yummy stuffed pablano peppers with spanish rice tonight!
6)Not exhausted
7)12 more weeks
8)got an apartment that is actually a house we are renting, tons of space and cheap!
9)I think we will be able to swing me being a SAHM, at least for a while (6 months should be easy enough to pull off)
10)Paying off my debt! Don't know why, maybe it is the domented accountant in me but I love paying my bills, and having the money to pay them. Payed off three credit cards in the past 6 weeks. 3 Big ones left!
11)Had a surprise US on Monday, didn't want it but felt pressure to do it, got another sneak peak at the LO
12)I have a wonderful, supportive, mostly understanding of my irrational crazy emotions, loving husband :

Ok well that is my positive list of good things...makes the other stuff look less important when I list out the good stuff.

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 02:30 AM

I'm finding it hard to think of mine right now, but want to hear everyone else's - love the positive energy!

Wife to my corkdork and loving momma to Rolly (1/07), 2 cats, Speedy the turtle, and little Bel (9/17/09)!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM

I'm loving the harder pushes inside my belly. The baby is definitely bigger and it's so weird to go from feeling little flutters down in my lower left side in the early part of the second trimester to feeling these movements up higher that are spread out and knowing the baby is so big now!

I like my big, tight belly. I do tend to forget it's there sometimes when I try to squeeze through tight spots but I love having it and I know I will miss it.

I kind of like the attention I get for being pregnant. I am noticed more now and people actually know by first glance and are holding doors more and are more polite. Makes me feel good for some reason.

Knowing that we own our home now. Our first two children were born while living in rentals and I like the fact that this child will hopefully grow up in this home and make lots and lots of memories here.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
Old 07-02-2009, 10:42 AM

My happy thought for the day???

I bought some sour cream yesterday, and the expiration date was 24 August!
Pretty soon it'll be food that won't be good when this lo arrives.

Weird, I know.

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 AM

My happy thoughts:

1. My marriage is the best it's ever been
2. I'm feeling very confident about this birth (my ability to do it, that things will go right, etc)
3. We have a great house that we are making our home.
4. We have people helping us make it a home (my dad is here right now fixing some drywall)

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM

Feeling really blessed/positive right now : This is a great thread- I'm loving hearing how upbeat everyone is.

My girls are home for the summer and we're spending every day together. I wouldn't trade being a full-time mommy for anything :

All of our prenatal testing looks really good. Huge relief to have the fetal echo come out perfect.

Contractions have stopped with only a couple doses of terb. I'm confident that we're going to have another full-term baby.

For all my complaining about getting stuff done around the house, I'm so grateful for our home, like the PP who said that their kids will be making memories in their own home. I can't imagine living in a smaller house right now, even if ours is feeling overwhelmingly large right now.

My DH is great. He takes his job of providing for his family very seriously. Our insurance is fantastic, which DH maintains through his job.

Having carried 3 babies to full term and birthed them vaginally, I'm feeling really positive and confident in my body's abilities to bear children. It's an incredibly empowering feeling, to know what MY body is capable of

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 PM

(1) Am happy that even though my weight gain is "above average", I don't look fat, I look pregnant.
(2) Am happy that I am feeling more confident about my first birth as the pregnancy progesses, and am looking forward to it in some ways.
(3) Am happy that my DH takes such good care of me and never complains about the extra work he has to do now.
(4) Am getting more sleep now that I only have to get up once a night to pee.
(5) I can still walk the dogs through the woods in the evenings and it is so peaceful. I am looking forward to doing that with a baby too!
(6) Am grateful that this pregnancy has been without serious complications so far. I haven't had to worry at all really.

K(35) : married to DH (36) : Sweet DD arrived Oct 2nd!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:24 PM

-I am happy to have tomorrow off and a nice 3 day weekend ahead!

-My mom and I are going to do some baby sewing this weekend. Hopefully we'll get the diaper covers all done and maybe try making some cute little NB fitteds.

-The evenings have been absolutely gorgeous. It has been a pleasure to go out for a long walk with DH after dinner lately.

-It took 2 days, and several trips to the hardware store, but as of yesterday DH got our dishwasher installed and working finally!

User Tag List