Can't figure out how baby is positioned... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't figure out how baby is positioned in there. I feel movements on my sides (L and R) but nothing is higher than belly button and that is pushing it as far as how high these movements go. So are there feet on one side and arms on the other? Where could the head be? I still think she is breech as I have not felt her turn and doc said she could turn 18 times and I would never know it. I think I WOULD! Feel a lot of pressure in front down low but have not experienced the feet in the ribs and for that matter, the head in the ribs. I really want to know if she could be traverse, transverse? Whatever the word. Any thoughts?

Wife to DH who worshipsbow.gif me (code for tolerates me) (2001), mom of one DDsleepytime.gif (April 2002) and one DDfly-by-nursing1.gif who arrived forcefully (Sept 2009) Caretaker of Boogie the cat and fish/reef hobbyist. Just tryin' to maintain...banghead.gifteapot2.GIF In major need of...grouphug.gif

#2 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 PM

i am not really a help cause i have had a head down baby for two weeks now so i feel something very specific. have you checked out spinningbabies, they have some really helpful things to figure out what you are feeling.

SAHM to Coraline Mae, born 09/16/09. Expecting #2 10/04!
mdcblog5.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

Vice President of Boston Babywearers

#3 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 PM

I had this guy all figured out until about two weeks ago, then he suddenly turned into an octopus and seems to be everywhere at once!

Your baby could be transverse and low, with his/her back laying across the bottom of your uterus, that would explain the heaviness at the bottom and the movements on both side.

Baby could be breech with his/her butt down low, again makes sense. The head could be deeper in your uterus (towards your spine instead of towards your abdomen) which is why you can't find the head (I can't find my baby's head very often).

I don't know!! like I said, I thought I had this guy figured out, but now not so much!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#4 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 PM

i'm no help, sorry. every once in awhile i feel what i am sure is a foot, a butt, or a back or whatever, but most of the time i've got no clue...

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#5 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 PM

I personally have never felt my baby in my ribs either. The only exception is a few rare occasions when I leaned over sitting down to pick something up, and I felt a 'poke' at my lower left rib every time. I actually asked my DH if it was him because it literally felt like a finger poking my rib, and he was always nearby when it happened. Says he didn't do it but I'm still skeptical . I never feel anything above my belly button either, everything is low, Left or Right, sometimes the center(rarely but it happens), never above belly button though. Your baby can turn, I've felt all sorts of questionable movements, sometimes I believe it's a foot on the right side, but then I feel a hand on the left side, vice-versa, or a foot on the right and another foot on the left... Hope I'm not confusing you, but baby can turn in all kinds of directions. I too feel pressure in front down low, sometimes like a bulge as if the baby curled up closer to my stomach and then rolled out like a little ball. No pain not uncomfortable, just there and noticeable, no feet in my ribs either(thankfully ). - Not much help, sorry, just thought I'd let you know you weren't alone.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#6 of 7 Old 07-10-2009, 04:38 AM

at this point baby can turn in all directions, and no, you wouldn't always be able to feel it or tell where it's gone to.
If you feel one side of your tummy hard and the other a bit squishy, the hard part is most likely the back of the baby and the squishy is where the arms & legs are.
But I only really know where the head is when teh baby hiccups!
#7 of 7 Old 07-10-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
I had this guy all figured out until about two weeks ago, then he suddenly turned into an octopus and seems to be everywhere at once!
same here. All of a sudden my usually very low kicker has been up very high, as high as she can go. I have to say I'd much rather feel her up high than down low though.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page