To tell or not to tell - (Final Update Posted) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like everyone is excited for you! Yay!

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#32 of 42 Old 07-16-2009, 01:43 PM

how fun - how'd they react when they realized this was all happening in TWO/THREE months???? I would just love to be a fly on the wall for your conversations - so funny!

I quite enjoy shocking people with good news

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#33 of 42 Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 PM

How fun - yay! :

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#34 of 42 Old 07-16-2009, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
how fun - how'd they react when they realized this was all happening in TWO/THREE months???? I would just love to be a fly on the wall for your conversations - so funny!

I quite enjoy shocking people with good news

My dad said "Wow", and my granny had the dates all messed up, she said I'd be giving birth sometime in Jan.(lol). I said nope, late Sept to early Oct. more than likely, I'd be in my third tri. Took her a little while to have it sunk in, she was more excited about all the baby stuff, and then she says, "OH, wait... you're right. You would only have 2 or so months left!!!", of course in a very breathy, excited sort of tone. Old people are the best, they are just so enthusiastic I love it, haha.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#35 of 42 Old 07-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
! yeah! it sounds like you have a great, supportive family. Are they pestering you to find out if it's a boy or a girl?

Honestly telling people was a lot of fun, but I would get so nervous-- kind of like public speaking.

And aren't grandparents the best!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#36 of 42 Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Just got a hold of my step mom. My mom & dad had divorced when I was very young and my mom pursued a lesbian relationship, the woman raised me more than my own dad and his wife at the time, well into my 15's, and so I finally called her.

She sort of ruined the surprise! she knew before I even popped the news. She was MUCH more hysterical than any other family I've called so far.

I said, "You've always been a big part of my life...", and I was cutoff right there she said "You're pregnant?", I said "Yes and you're going to sort-of be a granny", and she just got hysterical with crying, the love-you's, and "I'll be there for you whenever possible" stuff. Sort of a shocker no one else reacted like this yet! but it was very sweet and she wants to be as involved as much as possible, which made me feel pretty good. Yaaaay. : I hope my mom and brother are just as happy!

#37 of 42 Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yaaay! my grandmother 'just knew'. sometimes the people who know us best have an intuition .

let us know how it goes with mom and brother. My brother is 19 and sort of blushed and was like, 'okay... can I have some food'.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#38 of 42 Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Final Update

I had a chance to see my mom & brother today. *takes a deep sigh*

I hoped for the best, but at the same time sort of knew how it would turn out, in a negative way, there is normally no other way to go it starts at A and ends with Z with nothing in between.

She was happy for the first 5 minutes and then had the audacity to ask me for money. I got a pretty big frown and just said "No". I had more to say but I wasn't going to argue the subject with her. Sigh... I really wish she would have been happier for me, but no, she was more concerned about money and had to make it seem like her first grand child was no big deal.

My brother just said "Oh". Nothing more to it. It wasn't till when I was about to leave he said "Cool, glad you're having a kid". He's going to be 28 on sept. 11th... I really thought he would have been glad about being an uncle.

The two most current people in my life and it feels like they could care less about this. That really hurts my feelings.

edit: I also went to see my step mom... she was happy but brought up a past event that happened to me that sort of ruined everything. I asked her to quit talking about it but she just persisted on going on about it(I won't go into the story, but is is very touchy and she knew that). She nearly had me in tears and I just wanted to up and leave and go home, but I stayed there and just worked passed it. Maybe she wasn't fully aware and just said it without thinking, but I did ask her to stop, that should have been enough.

I don't know if this is just a bad day for me and I'm taking things to heart or not, but I feel like a pile of crap on the floor. I just want DH to come home so I can curl into a little ball against his tummy and go to sleep. Siiiighhhhhhh.

#39 of 42 Old 07-17-2009, 10:09 PM

Well, I'm glad that SOME people were excited at least!!!

And the feeling of taking everything to heart when you might otherwise have been able to let it slide is all part of being pregnant It's that crazy hormonal ride that is pregnancy, fun, huh?

Try to surround yourself with the energy from the positive people, I know it's harder if they don't live near you, but that's the support you need AND DESERVE right now, not negativity.

And come here to vent about stupid people, all the rest of us do it!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#40 of 42 Old 07-17-2009, 10:38 PM

I second the coming here to vent about stupid people who don't get it. Before I was told about the DDC's here, I was LOST! No one got it, none of my friends have kids, and I am the first of my sisters and cousins, so it was a very lonely itme for me, and very sad time. These ladies are great at supporting each other, it's been a life saver for me. Join in on the fun with us, good and bad!

Welcome to the club!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#41 of 42 Old 07-17-2009, 11:05 PM

well now that everyone knows you can move on to the next part of this adventure! I think telling everyone makes it more real. Try to stay positive and don't let your mind wander and worry about the U/S, positive affirmations are good for pregnancy I think. So saying to your self...I am carrying a health, strong baby, will make you feel better and keep you from worrying between now and the U/S.

So when is the U/S? Do you want to know if it is a girl or a boy? Are you having any symtoms yet? Do you feel the movement now that you know it is there? I know some babies are way less active and some moms never feel a kick...so don't let it bother you. Enjoy not having to feel the pregnancy pains. And don't forget we are here if you have questions, want to vent or ramble, or if you just want to say hi.

I don't think anyone meant to be negative about you not knowing you were pregnant, people were probably a little jealous, no nauseas, no muscle pains, no stretch marks (lol) I for one am a bit jealous! Everyone here has been exstreamly supportive of each other, no question has been looked at as stupid, and nothing seems to be TMI for us either. So anyhow we are here for you!

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :
#42 of 42 Old 07-17-2009, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
So when is the U/S? Do you want to know if it is a girl or a boy? Are you having any symtoms yet? Do you feel the movement now that you know it is there? I know some babies are way less active and some moms never feel a kick...so don't let it bother you. Enjoy not having to feel the pregnancy pains. And don't forget we are here if you have questions, want to vent or ramble, or if you just want to say hi.
The U/S is scheduled for the 31st of this month, and I go in for an app.(though I'm not sure for exactly what), this Thursday(finally). I do want to know if it is a boy or a girl(I am really just hoping for a fully healthy baby. I will love it if it is a boy or a girl all the same). Still no symptoms, however, I think the psychological symptoms have kicked in for me. I do not feel any extra hormonal distress, but I think having just found out not long ago had made me more emotional, and more apt. to cry(It's a lot to handle with only a few more months to go. I was not able to prepare myself. I am happy, but just emotionally drained). I am for some reason becoming a little territorial of food, I think it's just because now that i know I'm pregnant, I need this food to grow a strong, healthy baby. I snap id DH takes some, I'll probably starve him but he's a big boy and can sneak food anyway(haha).

As far as movements, yes I would have to say I am feeling them now. I have been on the Prenatal Vitamin's since the 1st of this month and I believe it has truly kicked things into gear. I am a little more bloated, and I feel little kicks, especially if I have the laptop resting on my belly, the laptop with give a little jiggle atop tummy due to a kick. I'm positive he/she is alive, I feel the little movements off and on. I ate some tapioca earlier and they were very distinct.

And everyone here is just wonderful. The emotional support from my mom would have been great, but I'm just glad that there are people who care(Granny, Dad, Step Mom, ect... and of course my lovely husband), which in itself is enough for me. Everyone here also makes me feel better, despite my very very late join-in. Thank you all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page