Extreme hunger/nausea before labour? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like crap right now. I'm so miserable. Over the past 2 days I've had intense pelvic/groin pain making it hard to even walk at all, and have been STARVING every 2 hours, regardless of what I've eaten. This is interspersed with lots of nausea, BAD heartburn/indigestion, and feeling a need to poop all the time... (sorry TMI) Last night I was awake most of the night because I had to keep eating, pooping, sitting up so as not to acid reflux into my mouth... ugh. This morning I feel particularly sick to my stomach. Which makes it hard to eat, despite that I also feel very very hungry. :

What the heck is going on? Is this just end of the road feeling like crap-ness? I'm due in 3weeks, so I don't really believe it would be impending labour- as much as that'd be nice- but I have had lots of contractions and action lately. I spent 3 hours last night counting 9 minute contractions, before I got bored and stopped counting.

Anyone else feeling this way? I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself... I'd probably feel more positive if I'd had some sleep!!

Thanks, Mamas.
#2 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 AM

Well here's to hoping that all this means that baby is about to make her appearance!
Seeing as I'm also a first timer, none of what I'm about to say probably means anything..LOL
I've heard the pooping a lot is a potential sign of impending labour... trying to clean out your system.
I've also heard that you aren't as hungry right before labour..
Geee, I'm helpful aren't I?
I'd be off the wall if I had been having consistent contractions and then NOTHING! It's bad enough knowing I'm close to 4cm and 90% effaced and yet I've had nothing significant to report.. My mom and sister think I'll be pushing out a baby this weekend, they are actually surprised it hasn't happened yet, and I'm having this irrational "fear" that she'll never come out!
Hang in there! Call me if you want to be miserable together today...at least it has stopped raining!

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#3 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 12:15 PM

I'd say it's just end of pregnancy crap. I felt that way about a week or two ago. now babe has dropped and I'm feeling better--can eat some and the reflux/heartburn isn't so bad.

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#4 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM

OMG! I was feeling the SAME WAY last night! Terrible nausea, heartburn, pooping, gas, yup... It was fabulous. :

Still feeling "off" today. It's just awful sitting around hoping every "symptom" is one of impending labor.

Just gotta get DD through her first day of Kindergarten tomorrow...

Ali - Wife to Steve and mom to Zoe - age 7, and Ezra - 17 months (9/2009)
#5 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 09:51 PM

Funny, I'm 37 weeks and feeling kind of the same way except not hungry at all. All weekend I had horrible heartburn, nausea, fatigue, and serious diarrhea. And I haven't been able to eat hardly at all. Now I'm having dark brown discharge, which apparently is "bloody show"... wondering if this one's going to decide to show up a little early...
#6 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 10:21 PM

i had that same ordeal about a week and a half ago and it ended up subsiding last week once the baby dropped. as for now, i just have such a heavy feeling in my pelvis, but some of the other symptoms are gone.

make sure you drink enough. you could be dehydrated. we had such a hot spell here that i think that my body just couldn't cope no matter how much water i chugged all day.

take care of yourself and keep us updated.

mama to cecilia and rosa with 1 old:
#7 of 7 Old 08-30-2009, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all.

I finally went out and bought some ensure- which has been my magic food all through this pregnancy- and 20 minutes after drinking it was finally able to feel less sick, and conked out for a 5 hour nap. (Yes- 5 hours...) I feel so much better now. For some reason ensure seems to reset my system every time, and I guess I get enough fill-er-up nutrients from it to settle my stomach and stop the hungry/nausea cycle.

Thanks for all the sympathy! For some reason I feel so much better when I know I'm not the only one.

Carolyn- I have a bunch of stuff all day tomorrow, but if we're both still up for it and full of babies tuesday or wednesday I'm all for a get together!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page