My cat won't leave me alone! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-09-2009, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Suddenly my kitten is all over me. Seriously ON TOP OF ME as much as he can be. He's following me around pathetically meowing, and when I sit, he's on me immediately.

He slept on me last night, purring the entire night (frankly it got annoying).

He followed me out to the garage to fill his food dish, but instead of staying and eating, he followed me back in the house.

He's now laying between me and the keyboard as I type this.

What is up with him? Are my hormones haywire or something????

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#2 of 7 Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 AM

I always wonder what they sense or smell or what. Mine came into the bathroom with me last night (all 7 times ) and SCREAMED at me each time. Um, what do you want me to do, kitty? Gotta pee! She seems very protective of me lately and wants me to just stay home.

I like to think she senses impending labor and thinks I should stay home and be ready . Probably wishful thinking, but hey, animals know things! (Of course that doesn't explain when she growls at empty corners, but I tell dh it must be ghosts ).

Wife to my corkdork and loving momma to Rolly (1/07), 2 cats, Speedy the turtle, and little Bel (9/17/09)!
#3 of 7 Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM

I read a study that said cats and dogs can sense impending health conditions and pregnancy (birth) almost a week before it happens. They can also predict natural disasters. I am sure you can google it. I think the study started out basedon melanoma research and the natural disaster one is based on earthquakes.

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#4 of 7 Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 PM

Ooh, goody! It would be nice to have one more day to get things in order, and then, anytime Little Baby! Hey my dad even had a dream about baby "seriously thinking" about being born .

Wife to my corkdork and loving momma to Rolly (1/07), 2 cats, Speedy the turtle, and little Bel (9/17/09)!
#5 of 7 Old 09-10-2009, 07:33 PM

I'm totally betting you're in labor soon. :

I have two cats, neither of whom are particularly cuddly. This morning one of them came up and totally curled up next to me (very odd) and then he stuck his entire head down my tank top and left it in there for like 5 minutes while I pet him. I think maybe I have some colostrum coming in? They totally know more than we do. We must smell different or something.

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#6 of 7 Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Well he's all over me again tonight. Sitting on top of my belly right now as I type this! LOL! He definitely either senses something, or is just craving some attention for some reason

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#7 of 7 Old 09-11-2009, 02:45 AM

Mine's been doing this the last 2 days, too. Driving me BONKERS!

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page