New Roll Call - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's hoping, praying, and sending labor vibes your way, Deb! And for confustication and anyone else who is approacing the 42 week "deadline".

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#32 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmomroxi View Post
here's hoping, praying, and sending labor vibes your way, deb! And for confustication and anyone else who is approacing the 42 week "deadline".
thank you!!!!!!!!!

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#33 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Still here! EDD 9/25

Haven't considered any induction methods so far... other than sitting on the birthing ball, DTD, and drinking my RRL tea. Evening walks as well.

I have had loads of period-like cramping for 2-3 weeks now.. and my MW doesn't do internal checks unless you ask... which I haven't... I'm ready for her to come, but trying not to get too anxious... which is hard when two sets of first-time Grandparents keep calling for status updates, lol.

The good news is... we WILL all be there SOON!!! :
#34 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM

I'm still here. 38 weeks on Weds (yes, I know the sig is jumping the gun) - due 9-30. Of course I'm getting EVERYONE asking why I haven't had the babies yet which is making me antsier than I already am. I'm uncomfortable, but it doesn't feel right to complain when some of you are at nearly 42 and looking at interventions. I've just been doing normal stuff - stairs, nesting, cleaning, birth ball, RRL tea. DH wants to DTD but umm, no. I had enough contractions last Friday overnight that I was up and had him up at 3 AM cleaning the house for people to come - because of course I was OUT all day Friday and nothing happens around here but mess when I'm gone. Don't you know when I was able to relax about the house being cleaner they stopped.

My boys came at 38 and 39 weeks and change so of course no one was expecting me to go this long even with twins. Including myself. I keep reminding myself there's a reason the babies aren't ready yet and that I need to just hang in there since I'm not even due yet. I have a HUGE mental block to this labor, so I'm sure that's partially it as well. I just cannot get myself in a good place for it.

Bean : Mama to DSs and (& :, 4 goats & 7 ) and two fraternal twin BOYS 9-19-09 (+ 1 daytime boy)
#35 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deymm View Post
Yes, this is all well and good, but....many of us are at the mercy of our health care providers unless we want to have a UC. I don't think we'd be hanging out on MDC if we didn't lean to the more natural side of things.

My state is not very natural birth friendly and if I don't go into labor by Weds-ish my midwife cannot attend me at home.
I've been thinking about you all day! I really hope this one stops playing games and joins the party VERY soon!!

proud mama to: DD (8/02), DS (12/03), DS (11/06), DS (9/09) and pos.gif EDD 11/1

#36 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Due 9/2, so today I'm 41+5.

I feel like I've done everything under the sun--sex, walking, EPO both orally and vaginally, pelvic rocks, birth ball, RRL, enema (twice), acunpunture (twice)--and yet I am still pregnant.

Next up is homeopathics (going to pick those up when I get DS from school) and stripping membranes tomorrow.

I have had two NSTs and one BPP--going back again tomorrow for one of each again. The MFM doc is very concerned about baby's size--estimated 9#4oz on Friday, which freaks me out because my #1 goal for this birth is NOT to tear again. I had a horrible vaginal tear with DS.

My MW is consulting with her backup OB today. If I am not in labor by Weds I will likely have a medical induction in the hospital by the end of the week.

I'm so sorry. I am sure the pressure of having an 'expiration' date (in the md's minds) is not helping the situation! I am hoping that things start for you naturally before Wednesday!! Sending you lots of labour/birth vibes mama :::

Warmly,
Erin

Erin : ~~ unschooling mama to DD (12) , DS (11) :, DS (8) and DS (3) , DD Soleil Emily Meadow (9-18-09) born at home in the water
#37 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:53 PM

i'm here! edd 9/16, so two days! i have been walking more than usual, eating pineapple everyday and i'm now making some RRL tea (haven't had any in a few days), also trying orgasm, bouncing on the birth ball......i don't live in a very birth friendly state so i don't think they will let me go past 42 weeks without a lot of testing. this is my first -my mom was late with me and i was her second. we'll see, i am trying to remain relaxed and just surrender to whatever will be. i don't feel i have much much control over when the baby comes. but i hope before two weeks. i may consider stripping membranes if it comes to that. i would also like to have the freedom to say no to induction altogether but that would mean every three days having BPPs at the very least and i know U/Ss where i am are $800, so that could add up quickly and we are self-pay. *sigh* i'm praying a lot. but then as i said at the end of the day i just need to let it all go.

oh i will also be doing acupuncture on Wednesday if nothing is happening by then.
#38 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, this is all well and good, but....many of us are at the mercy of our health care providers unless we want to have a UC. I don't think we'd be hanging out on MDC if we didn't lean to the more natural side of things.

My state is not very natural birth friendly and if I don't go into labor by Weds-ish my midwife cannot attend me at home.
I'm sorry that you, on top of everything, have to stress about weeks and HCP protocols. My post was mostly aimed towards women that are getting antsy and are not even 40th week yet - meant to relax them, in a sense - baby really come when they are ready.

I hope you get the birth you envisioned, and I'm sending you lots of "baby come soon!" vibes!

Would your HCP allow more time, if they perform a NST and everything is fine?

Take care!

:
#39 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikaKika View Post
Would your HCP allow more time, if they perform a NST and everything is fine?
I am going for my 3rd NST and 2nd BPP tomorrow. I am trying to hold everyone off as long as possible, but again, I'm in a very homebirth/midwife UNfriendly state and she cannot "safely" attend to me at home much past 42 weeks. Her backup OB will likely want to schedule induction by the end of the week.

#40 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 PM

Due 9/15
Have been having contractions at night but they fizzle out. I'm surprised I'm still pregnant. I didn't plan dinners this week! Ds was born at 39+6. I think I'm going to end up in the past the due date crowd, which is okay but I'd like to have this baby!
#41 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I am going for my 3rd NST and 2nd BPP tomorrow. I am trying to hold everyone off as long as possible, but again, I'm in a very homebirth/midwife UNfriendly state and she cannot "safely" attend to me at home much past 42 weeks. Her backup OB will likely want to schedule induction by the end of the week.
Hang in there - I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and I really hope you get to hold them off and that baby will arrive safely soon, before they can mess with induction and other procedures!

:
#42 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 PM

Still here, still pregnant. I'm due 9/20... just six more days.

My baby dropped about 3.5 weeks ago and I've been "mostly" effaced for most of that time, and 1cm dilated for two weeks. Which just goes to show you, NOTHING is a definite sign of impending labor.

I've been doing a lot of natural induction stuff because it's stuff I like to do anyway, like sitting/bouncing on the birth ball (my favorite piece of furniture these days!), walking, having sex, and drinking licorice root tea.

Not messing with anything I don't do normally, though-- it's way too early for me to want to get into castor oil territory, for instance. Even if I AM totally sick of being pregnant!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#43 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikaKika View Post
Hang in there - I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and I really hope you get to hold them off and that baby will arrive safely soon, before they can mess with induction and other procedures!
thank you!

the thing about induction that scares me the most is the cascade of interventions that it can start. Hopefully we won't need any of them!

#44 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 PM

I am still here! Due 9/21 but this is the longest I have ever been pregnant. We discussed induction methods after I went into labor last Sunday and we suspected a broken BOW but we now think it was just the outer bag so we're back to chilling out about everything. Although the whole go into labor and stop thing was a total mind game.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#45 of 57 Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 PM

Still here. Due 9/24.
I'm feeling alright. Not having any kind of regular contractions. Still 2.5-3 cm dilated as of last Thursday.

DD was a couple days early, so I'm hoping for 9/22, first day of Fall.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#46 of 57 Old 09-15-2009, 12:11 AM

I'm here too. Still pregnant. Not due til 9/27 though. 3.5-4cm dilated and 70% effaced. Just hanging in there.

Mama to Maia (12/04), Nora (9/09), Sam (8/12) and Step-mama to Aidan (3/02) and Luci (10/04).

#47 of 57 Old 09-15-2009, 12:57 AM

Hugs to all the mammas past their due dates!

I'm here...still pregnant, due 9/26-ish.

My BP is skyrocketing, and my body shows no signs of being ready for labor (even asked for a cervical check, but MW couldn't find cervix bec so posterior/high). We're all really panicky, not wanting to give up and be induced in hospital (logistic/insurance nightmare, too). On top of it, I set the kitchen on fire today (oooooooops) and learned that fire extinguishers work, but are very messy (and probably really toxic, but oh well), and our local fire dept staff is quite nice; my DS's preschool teacher just closed her school w/out warning (now what for childcare?! ack! find a new preschool! quick!); we'll have no more income or health insurance until January; and we have yet to talk about names. (Sheesh! no wonder my BP is high....)

--Caitlyn, mom to : DS (4/05) and DD (9/09)
#48 of 57 Old 09-15-2009, 01:58 AM

I'm another with an EDD of 9.21 -- and yup, still pregnant. I was content to remain so for a few more weeks until last Thursday when I started getting really bad pain on the right side of my lower back/pelvis/tailbone.

The same thing happened three weeks before my dd was born (at 41+6). I really don't want to endure another two-three weeks of this! It is much worse this pregnancy, I think because I have a 2.5 year old to keep up with this time.

Momma to my sweet kiddos DD (2.19.07) and DS (9.27.09) and wife to the most amazing man (7.24.04)
: :
#49 of 57 Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 AM

still here too - due 9/26. Wish the baby would come a couple days early (a good friend is leaving town for several months and I want her to meet the baby and my husband has a business trip the first week of Oct.). but I don't feel anywhere close! My son was late. I feel like I will be pregnant forever.
#50 of 57 Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 AM

still here, due tomorrow. praying for a Friday baby.

working toward home induction technique... letting dh feel the love. EPO and PIS, here I come.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#51 of 57 Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 PM

Still here...which DD do you want? LMP was 9/10 but U/S at 8 weeks sugested 9/17 so who knows? I heard the word induction for the first time at the Doctor's office today the 15th and they said they would discuss it next visit at 41 weeks. Not wanting to go that route now as I have waited this long...2-3 cm dilated 70% effaced

Wife to DH who worshipsbow.gif me (code for tolerates me) (2001), mom of one DDsleepytime.gif (April 2002) and one DDfly-by-nursing1.gif who arrived forcefully (Sept 2009) Caretaker of Boogie the cat and fish/reef hobbyist. Just tryin' to maintain...banghead.gifteapot2.GIF In major need of...grouphug.gif

#52 of 57 Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 AM

Still here too! EDD of 9.26 so I still have a week and a half before I see my due date come and go. I'm not worried yet. . .I don't think my MW will be concerned till I am at almost 42 weeks. . .but I am totally done with being pregnant! Everything has ramped up for me this week as far as being uncomfortable, my back and hips and feet hurt a lot and I can't sleep for more than two hours at a stretch at night.

I haven't been checked yet, so no idea about dilation/effacement, but I am getting a lot more twinges and crampy feelings in the low belly/pelvis as well as my usualy BHs. . .so I am hopeful that something is reving up. I really want to meet this baby and not be pregnant anymore!!!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#53 of 57 Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM

EDD Sept 14th, which puts me at 40+2 today. I have until my next appointment with the MW (on Monday) before extra monitoring starts at 41 weeks and they start talking about when to send me to see an OB. I was 1 cm and "getting soft" two days ago, which is a little reassuring, but not much. I'm trying to drink more RRL tea, and I'm taking EPO. I'm spending time on the birthing ball, too, and trying to stay as active as I can around the house. I've been having a couple contractions an hour for weeks now, and they seem to be getting stronger, but nothing regular enough to time, or strong enough to get excited about yet.

This week is a good week to be born, my baby!

Married to DH in '99, DS born 2004, DD born Sept 19, 2009!
#54 of 57 Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Holy bordem batman!

DS is getting VERY tired of staying around the house all day... but I don't have anything to do with him! DH has plenty of things planed for DS after Jude is born... but I don't have the energy to take him fishing or to the museum like Daddy will!

ugh. No signs of labor either.

0****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****403rdtri.gif

#55 of 57 Old 09-16-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbruise View Post
Holy bordem batman!

DS is getting VERY tired of staying around the house all day... but I don't have anything to do with him! DH has plenty of things planed for DS after Jude is born... but I don't have the energy to take him fishing or to the museum like Daddy will!

ugh. No signs of labor either.
I've given up and take my kids out, no matter how exhausted. It's sort of worth it when people ask how pregnant I am and I get to tell them 38 weeks with twins. The look on their faces tells me they're trying to figure out how to deliver when I go into labor in front of them. It's a small thing, but amusing to me. Yes, I'm that pathetic these days.

Bean : Mama to DSs and (& :, 4 goats & 7 ) and two fraternal twin BOYS 9-19-09 (+ 1 daytime boy)
#56 of 57 Old 09-16-2009, 02:09 PM

Still pregnant too, but not due until the 23rd. Getting lots of painful contractions in the evenings, miserable back pain, and feeling like I'm walking around a bowling ball. Hoping to go in the next week
#57 of 57 Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 PM

I'm still here! My edd is 9/23, so I am 39 weeks today.

Overall I feel really good! I have a little sacroiliac joint pain when I sit down for too long, and then I walk like a grandma for a minute while it loosens up. And some nights sleep is iffy- I just wake up after one of my many many bathroom trips, and can't get back to sleep. But my blood pressure's excellent, I have no other aches & pains, and I just feel generally lucky that everything is good.

We are having a UC and I find myself getting really upset reading all the posts from mamas who are under the gun and running out of choices, according to their HCPs. I'm so sorry. And mad.

You know how people say that you don't gain weight the last few weeks? That's not the case for me! I remember at 33 weeks, somebody in the store guessed I was about 5 months along. I was hiding this baby well until about 2 weeks ago, I think (I'm tall, so lots of room up & down vs out!) But suddenly I put on like 4 pounds in 2 weeks and my belly has gotten
B-I-G! I feel like I look giant, all of a sudden! I definitely think this baby will be at least my son's size (he was 9#4oz) That is fine with me, I had no trouble birthing him.

I want to meet this baby so badly! But I'm not really doing anything to try and induce; I expect it will come right around 40 wks, just like the other two. DH and I did have sex last night but that's just because he's hot, not because I'm trying to get the baby out yet.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page