Mothering Forum banner

He's here! Birth story added, post 12! :)

941 views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  PurpleMonkey 
#1 ·
Born this morning after two hours of labor and three pushes in the bathtub at home! 9lbs 6oz of chubba boy! I'll post a birth story later! I am going to try and get some rest!

See less See more
#5 ·
Yay! Was your hubby able to watch via webcam or listen in over the phone or anything??

Now you have 30-some days to heal before he comes home, right?

#6 ·
congratulations!

#12 ·
I can't believe he is here! I am in such a state of shock!

I kept waking up this morning and thinking I had to poop. After the third trip, I said "Um, maybe I don't" (I was half asleep). I checked myself and I felt the bulging bag and his head RIGHT there and a lightbulb went off. I called the midwife at 5 AM and climbed in the tub.

I have fast labors so I lay on my side in the tub while I waited for her, hoping it would slow everything down. I was moaning and breathing through contractions, not moving from my side. She got there around 6:15 or so and about five minutes later I felt like I had to push. I was transitioning hard and saying "I hate this part! I hate this part!" and then I was pushing.

I pushed and felt what I thought was his head come out and shouted "There's a head!" and the midwife said "Uh, yes!" What I didn't know was that his head was so big (14 inches) that it had only come out to his brow and then stopped. So here I was thinking it was all the way out.
Next contraction, I really expected his whole body to come out but it was just the rest of his head so I got a bit confused. I remember thinking "What the hell is taking so long?!" Third push and all of him came out.

I looked down and started crying and saying "Thank God, thank God!" I picked him up and we moved from the tub to the bed. He is just so relaxed and chilled out. He was breathing fine, but was a bit wet sounding and we had to really work to get him to cry. He likes to do things in his own time, I think. He didn't open his eyes for six hours and he didn't poop for seven. I think he's going to be that kid that takes 30 minutes to put his shoes on.

I had some tearing, but not too bad for a 14 inch head and a 14.5 inch chest. My other kids were 8 lbs 13 oz and 5 lbs 15 oz. He's like a little sumo wrestler. I love him! My husband called from Iraq about eight hours after he was born and the phones were crappy, but it was so good to hear his voice. I feel bad he's so far away.

#15 ·
Congratulations, Lisa_NC! I have watched your Fridays change each week and it is so hard to imagine what you have to go through with your husband being gone! I am sure he is very proud of you, your journey with pregnancy, labor and delivery of his beautiful son! Keep us in mind and don't forget to post photos when you get a chance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.