Yesterday I had a low day of waiting for this baby. I've been trying to stay really positive, and I've been feeling great, so I was surprised to wake up in tears. I think I must have had 10/1 in mind as the day I'd finally have to face my fear of losing my HB and I have to start to think about induction (it was my HB deadline until we changed my EDD last week). It didn't help that when I went up for an NST the technician gave me a really hard time ("yes ma'am, I do know how late I am").
Anyway, I finally got back into a good mental space by thinking about all the things I'm grateful for. Even though I'm new to this board (better late than never I guess) I thought I'd share:
1. Being able to experience pregnancy (and hopefully childbirth
!). We were TTC for 3 years, so this is a big deal for me!
2. Having a loving, supportive husband who has taken really good care of me during the pregnancy, and has never once complained about picking up extra household chores.
3. Having an active and healthy pregnancy! Well, I could have done without the 4 months of M/S and the sense of super smell (the world's worst super power BTW), but if that's what it took to make the rest so painless and easy I'd say it was a good deal.
4. Knowing that my family and friends are cheering me on. This has been especially helpful over the past couple of weeks.
5. Ice cream. I never properly appreciated it until pregnancy.
So, you pregnant ladies who are still so patiently waiting...what are you grateful for?