Things I'm grateful for... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday I had a low day of waiting for this baby. I've been trying to stay really positive, and I've been feeling great, so I was surprised to wake up in tears. I think I must have had 10/1 in mind as the day I'd finally have to face my fear of losing my HB and I have to start to think about induction (it was my HB deadline until we changed my EDD last week). It didn't help that when I went up for an NST the technician gave me a really hard time ("yes ma'am, I do know how late I am").

Anyway, I finally got back into a good mental space by thinking about all the things I'm grateful for. Even though I'm new to this board (better late than never I guess) I thought I'd share:

1. Being able to experience pregnancy (and hopefully childbirth !). We were TTC for 3 years, so this is a big deal for me!
2. Having a loving, supportive husband who has taken really good care of me during the pregnancy, and has never once complained about picking up extra household chores.
3. Having an active and healthy pregnancy! Well, I could have done without the 4 months of M/S and the sense of super smell (the world's worst super power BTW), but if that's what it took to make the rest so painless and easy I'd say it was a good deal.
4. Knowing that my family and friends are cheering me on. This has been especially helpful over the past couple of weeks.
5. Ice cream. I never properly appreciated it until pregnancy.

So, you pregnant ladies who are still so patiently waiting...what are you grateful for?
#2 of 4 Old 10-02-2009, 05:25 PM

What a wonderful post! I'm all teary now!

1. I'm thankful for the 4 beautiful healthy children that I am "mommy" to
2. I'm thankful for the amazing man I've been married to for over a decade
3. I'm thankful for my good health...something I was without a lot of this life
4. I'm thankful to have had my first natural pregnancy...no meds...no being pushed around by an OB who thinks the sky is falling
5. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to carry this beautiful baby for 50 more days than my last...which had ended in an emergency c/sec and a nicu baby
6. I'm thankful for my fat baby...all my kiddos where 6lbs or less and induced
7. I'm thankful for my amazing midwife and my homebirth to come!
8. I'm thankful for all my sisters in spirit and my mother who has been a great support

Much Love,
Gini
41 and counting
#3 of 4 Old 10-02-2009, 05:44 PM

--I'm thankful that this pregnancy had the least amount of morning sickness for me.

--I'm thankful to be having another boy, something I was bummed about at first, but have really come to appreciate. I think it's going to be GREAT having three boys within 4 years to grow up together, challenge each other, support each other.

--I'm thankful for this baby's apparent good health. We won't know for sure until birth (and possible a short time after if we do genetic testing) but this baby shows no signs of the genetic syndrome Connor is challenged with.

--I'm thankful that Ian is old enough to be involved in this pregnancy, he was too young to understand much when I was pregnant with Connor, and it's a really neat experience to share this with him, to see his excitement.

--I'm thankful that I've had wonderfully supportive bosses and coworkers this pregnancy!! My first pregnancy was HORRIBLE in that respect, my second was better, but this one has been fantastic!!! Lots of support, lots of love, lots of joy from everyone I work with.

--And although I'm hating that I'm pregnant this long, I'm thankful that this happened in my third pregnancy, when I'm smart enough to not allow any unneccessary interventions that would have chased this baby out by now. I'm thankful to have a good OB who has let me "negotiate" many "policies".

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#4 of 4 Old 10-02-2009, 05:52 PM

Hi! Great, happy thread!

I'm thankful for being able to stay home with my baby!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page