10/3 Roll Call...who is still pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There have been a bunch of new babies the last couple days...where are my still preggo sisters?

I'm 41+3 today according to the U/S, 41+5 according to my chart. Planning on stripping my membranes, castor oil and nipple stimulation tomorrow. My BP was up at my appt yesterday (130/80, which is high for me) and I'm worried about risking out of my HB.

What are you ladies up to?

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#2 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 01:47 PM

41 and 1 here and had membranes stretched and swept yesterday with epo put up there too.....obviously wasn't too effective. So, is it just the 2 of us? Are you going batty?

Much Love,
Gini
Mama to 4 kiddos, one angel, and a very overdue little girl
#3 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM

Just wanted to offer you ladies some hugs and tons of labor vibes! I hope you go SOON!

step-mommy to babygirl.gif (11), mommy to babyboy.gif (5), babyboy.gif (3) vbac.gif babygirl.gif (0) vbac.gif

sweet little one in Heaven angel2.gif ~ about 7 weeks 3 days ~ 12-28-11

#4 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 02:09 PM

Funnily enough, its my first time posting, for being 41 weeks

I was due Sep 26, with #3. No signs of labor yet. I went to 41+6 with my 2nd but this time around I'm less mobile and very, very cranky

Hoping all mama's start their Sep labor soon...

Mom to C (5) and M(2)
#5 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 02:35 PM

I'm still here too... 41+1.... had my
membranes swept again yesterday... And nada.

I thought I was really getting somewhere, ctx and I lost my mucus plug... Then I woke up yesterday and the baby was so much higher up then she's been in weeks. When my mw checked me, my cervix had regressed a bunch. My effacement was down from 80% to 60% and my mid-posistion went to wayyy back. Which I think is what made for an ineffective sweep.

I have another nst at the hospital on Sunday... She offerred me and induction yesterday... So I feel like tomorrow is a ploy to get me to stay

I wish I knew because I would way rather do caster oil, and labor at home for a long while... Then go in and have to lay down all day on some pitocin drip. *sigh*

I also don't know if caster oil would be effective even with her being so high now?!

Feeling very sad....
#6 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Caitlyn--my body did this a week ago, where the baby suddenly floated way up. I'm assuming that my body was trying to better position baby, and increased my amniotic fluid level to get him into a better position. Then at my appt yesterday my fundal measurement was LOWER than it had been, yet baby was still not engaged, I think that my body was done repositioning baby and working on getting him back down for labor, which started that night.

So, there's a chance that your body knows exactly what it's doing by seemingly making backwards progress!!! Trust it...as hard as that is!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#7 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 05:55 PM

Just had to say, that even though life is rotten for us now having to wait for our babies and feeling so pregnant, I felt very lucky when I passed the NICU and saw a teeny one in there lying all alone.

I'm 40+5 today.

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
#8 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 06:13 PM

I've been following this club for a while but haven't posted anything here yet. I'm 41+4 today, edd was Sept. 22. I've tried acupuncture, castor oil, red raspberry leaf teas, birthing ball, spicy food, eggplant, raw pineapple, dtd, EPO, etc. And I'm not even dilated a bit. I'm getting all kinds of threats from my midwives about needing to induce on Monday. And yet I'm a vbac.

It's a little depressing, and I look silly on my ball with my labor tea
#9 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 06:40 PM

Hugs to all - I'm 41+5 today. Contractions just started yesterday evening, still going strong today, but very irregular. Anywhere from 3 to 20 minutes. I'm a first timer so am trying to figure out if this is the real thing! I can walk & talk through them, but they're definitely uncomfortable. Lost my mucous plug just an hour ago.

Part time working mama to my awesome 2 yr old dd, and newborn ds hbac.gif

angel1.gif 8/08

#10 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 08:36 PM

Just wanted to offer what support I could to each of you. Hope things happen for you soon and that you all have easy and quick-ish labors that will make the wait worth while!

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#11 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 09:00 PM

I'm still here too. 40+5 today and planning for a HBAC. Had acupuncture today for the 2nd time, drinking Chinese herbs and red raspberry tea. Lots of sex and walking at least five miles per day.

I've had contractions from 5-15 minutes apart for about a week now, but they've never gone beyond "uncomfortable" and only a few have woken me up at night. No mucus plug or anything fun like that yet.

I really think we'll all go into labor by Sunday night, since it is a full moon. I'm really, really hoping to anyway.
#12 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

I think the full moon is tomorrow morning at 6:11 (if I'm understanding the chart I found online correctly.) Let's keep our fingers crossed, ladies!!!

(sorry, I couldn't resist!)

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#13 of 14 Old 10-03-2009, 10:16 PM

Funny full moon!

I'm here. 41 + 2 on Saturday. Don't think anything is going to happen tonight. Yesterday I felt like there was progress, but nothing of note today.

I am feeling much better. I can breath easily most of the time, but I am losing my voice. I may have to break out the breast pump tomorrow and see if the nipple stimulation does anything.

I see my OB on Monday, and I know she is going to push for an induction. And frankly, I'm feeling so over this that I just don't know how I'll respond.

After being 2-3 cm dilated 3 weeks before my due date, I just feel like I should be done.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#14 of 14 Old 10-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejeff View Post
I think the full moon is tomorrow morning at 6:11 (if I'm understanding the chart I found online correctly.)
Damn, I slept through it. And...nothing! Argh, so frustrated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page