Mothering Forum banner

dtd...tmi :)

678 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  newmomroxi 
#1 ·
cause we are always all about tmi...
since i have been unsuccessful at getting a 6 week pp appointment (uhm, cora is 9 weeks already and my "6week" follow up is december 30) i just went ahead and gave myself the go ahead for dtd.
first time was weird, slightly painful but no where near as much as while pregnant. second time was slightly painful at first and then.... enjoyable! omg, how excited am i? super excited. unlike some of you ladies, i haven't had a good time doing it since conceiving coraline, pretty much. haha.

#2 ·
Well congrats on dtd! We haven't done it yet and dd is 7 weeks old. Mostly it's for lack of alone time though. We seriously have not had a minute of alone time since we cosleep and have the other kids during the day. What does everyone else do? I'm going to lose my mind, not to mention poor DP.

#3 ·
well for us both times it went a little like this...
cora ate and went down to sleep in her cosleeper ( this is where she starts most nights but after her first time waking me up, we go back to bed together) then we decide to dtd. usually dh asks me if i want to. haha. so romantic. i put some pillows on the edge of the bed to block the view in case dd wakes up haha, she never does though. and ta da. we are sure to do it as soon as she is down cause you never know how long a sleep she is going to have.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
We always just get off the bed and go somewhere else if the baby is in it sleeping.
Problem is that if I'm more than 10 inches away from her while she's sleeping, she senses it within 40 seconds and starts flailing about and screeching. I can't finish in 40 seconds although at this point he probably could.
My MW said that she knows some moms (herself included) who just do it with one hand on the baby. I'm not sure if I'm there yet - it takes too much mental gymnastics and focus to do that at this point.

#6 ·
DH and I have dtd a few times. It was a little painful the first time but we took it really slow. It's been getting better so I hope the next time will be painfree. I haven't been able to relax during yet though b/c I'm soooo afraid of getting pregnant again too soon. Lake pretty much sleeps through the night already (I'm so thankful for that!) so we wait until he's down for the night. Sorry I don't have any advice for you mamas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.