Baby Hair - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's your baby's hair doing these days? Falling out ... growing in ... changing colors??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Filling out on the top - still thin on the sides.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 PM

Just getting longer. He has developed a bald spot on the back though. I tried so hard to avoid it but since he sleeps on his back it came out anyway. :P

Amy~ Crunchy mummy to Dane (9-15-07) & Kai (9-14-09)
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 PM

Not falling out, not changing color, but not really growing in either. Long and thin. And he has reverse male pattern baldness with the rubbed-off bald spot on the back. He sports a nice comb-over! We call him Bejamin Button b/c he look slike such a tiny old man with this hair. I wish it would start filling back in. . .anyone know when it does this usually?

His eyebrows and eyelashes have really filled in since birth though.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 PM

My kid was born with TONS of dark, almost black, hair. It was a full head of hair then, and it's even longer now. It's lighter in colour now and much redder. It looks like it's heading towards auburn in colour. The back is so long now it hangs over her collar like a little mullet.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinmum View Post
Just getting longer. He has developed a bald spot on the back though. I tried so hard to avoid it but since he sleeps on his back it came out anyway. :P
I used to think it was because people did not play with their babies enough but it has happened to Sarah, too so I know that this can't be the case. Although, I feel as though I don't have nearly enough time to be with her...

Wife to DH who worshipsbow.gif me (code for tolerates me) (2001), mom of one DDsleepytime.gif (April 2002) and one DDfly-by-nursing1.gif who arrived forcefully (Sept 2009) Caretaker of Boogie the cat and fish/reef hobbyist. Just tryin' to maintain...banghead.gifteapot2.GIF In major need of...grouphug.gif

Old 12-08-2009, 01:46 AM

She was born with light thin hair..still has it and no changes. She doesn't sleep on her back (shhhhh don't tell the sleep police), she sleeps on her side up against me, so she still has that hair. She also has hair on her ears..."they" say that will fall out, I hope soon!

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :
Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 AM

He's kept his hair!!!

All three of my boys have been born with head full of dark hair. Ian went almost completely bald. Connor lost most of his, although not all. Gavin, though, has kept it all and it's growing more! Not quite as much as HairperCait's daughter (I LOVE the pictures you put on facebook with her next to her daddy comparing hair!!! That was you, right?) but a significant amount still. It goes well past his ears on the sides, and is a true mullet in the back My husband wants to cut it, I won't let him.

I'm curious to see what this means...my other two lost their dark hair and it grew back in lighter. Gavin is keeping his dark hair...does that mean he'll stay dark? My husband has almost black hair, I have blonde hair (although it's gotten darker over the last few years), Ian and Connor have light brown or dark blonde. What will Gavin have?

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
Old 12-08-2009, 01:22 PM

still basically bald. but there's a little more fuzz there. none has fallen out yet.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
Old 12-08-2009, 02:18 PM

growing nicely, a little lighter than at birth.

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Finn was born with a lot of very dark hair. He's probably lost about half of it, and it seems to be getting lighter. He's got an awesome babyhawk.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:37 PM

We have a bald spot on the back, too. My big kids asked why? I said because I never hold her. They say.. You ALWAYS hold her!

The bald spot is giving ME a complex!

-Tangy
Mama to Jon (14), Josh (12), Jack (5), Jamison (3), and Jocelyn (9 months)
Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
He's kept his hair!!!

Not quite as much as HairperCait's daughter (I LOVE the pictures you put on facebook with her next to her daddy comparing hair!!! That was you, right?)
Yes ma'am!

I guess you mean these pics?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...eeksold002.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...eeksold001.jpg
Old 12-13-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperCait View Post
Yep, those!! Love them

By the way, I just noticed that I had a typo in my post, I called you haIrpercait, which is ironic

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
Old 12-14-2009, 07:52 PM

omg - harpercait you could SO be putting bows in that baby's hair

I don't really know what Charlotte's is doing. It seems to have fallen out in some places, but just thinned out in others. And it didn't start coming out until much later than my other two girls (sorry, Samantha - I think it could still happen!) It's still dark though, I'm not surprised - her coloring is much more like Grace's than Maddie's, so I expect it to stay a little darker. We don't have a serious bald spot, but it's thinner there. (weird that we had such a flat head, but no bald spot )

Maddie's was BALD BALD until she was like 2.5 and then came in pretty blond (is now that "I was once blond, brown") - Grace has been like a highlighted light brown from the get go.

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:40 PM

Sawyer's hair is falling out on the top, but he still has some in the back and sides. He also has major cradle cap!

step-mommy to babygirl.gif (11), mommy to babyboy.gif (5), babyboy.gif (3) vbac.gif babygirl.gif (0) vbac.gif

sweet little one in Heaven angel2.gif ~ about 7 weeks 3 days ~ 12-28-11

Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 AM

William's hair stayed until about a week ago when I noticed his sheet had little bits of his hair all over. His hair was a brownish red at birth then lightened up to a strawberry blonde and now its falling out. My DD's did this and she was basically bald until she was 3.5! Not such a big deal for a boy though... he does have this tiny little mullett going on with a patch of hair right on his neckline in the back that is long and still staying in. No bald spots anywhere so far!

Proud Army Wife, Christian, Mommy to Jackson (12/02) Jillian (12/03) and William (9/14/09). Expecting our newest blessing Aug 2010!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM

millie had loads of hair and still has most of it. she's thinning on top a bit so that daddy doesn't feel left out it's lighter now, almost auburn like mine.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

User Tag List