Anyone else dealing with a cystocele? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-19-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know my problems really started with DS1. I had horrible vaginal tearing and I never really got everything back in tip top shape (if that makes sense).

Pregnancy with DS2 made it worse. My MW discovered it at the beginning of my pregnancy, but I guess I didn't understand the severity, otherwise I would have done WAY more kegels!

I did not have her do an exam at my 6 week PP visit because I knew what was going on. I didn't need her to tell me and to get on me about getting it treated. And honestly, I didn't need anymore on my plate at that time (DS1 fractured his elbow right before I had DS2, so we are STILL dealing with that--physical therapy 5x a week now!).

So now I really need to do SOMETHING because it is effecting my life way too much. It's one of the reasons we haven't DTD yet and I feel terrible about that. I haven't really been able to talk to DH about it either.

Any advice?

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#2 of 5 Old 12-19-2009, 03:16 PM

def. talk to dh about it- communication is so important!
do you know what is entailed in treatment?
#3 of 5 Old 12-19-2009, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Treatment would start with physical therapy---there are people out there who specialize in this stuff--if I can find one that my insurance will cover. If it's really bad, it would mean surgery.

#4 of 5 Old 12-20-2009, 02:21 PM

I have one, I have had it since my first child too and it got worse with the second. After #3 was born I was freaking out and just sure I would need surgery. It was super uncomfortable, especially when sitting down, and I didn't want to DTD either. I felt really embarassed. It has since gotten better, so that it's back to where it was pre-3rd baby. I can live with that, although I'm worried that it will get worse again when I start running as I plan to in January.

From reading about it, it sounds like the surgery is not all that fantastic a thing. The physical therapy is what we need to do. Have you been to the Whole Woman website?

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#5 of 5 Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
I have one, I have had it since my first child too and it got worse with the second. After #3 was born I was freaking out and just sure I would need surgery. It was super uncomfortable, especially when sitting down, and I didn't want to DTD either. I felt really embarassed. It has since gotten better, so that it's back to where it was pre-3rd baby. I can live with that, although I'm worried that it will get worse again when I start running as I plan to in January.

From reading about it, it sounds like the surgery is not all that fantastic a thing. The physical therapy is what we need to do. Have you been to the Whole Woman website?
Thanks for the website!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page