so who's exercising and are you getting headaches? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-21-2009, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Weird, I know. I was a runner pre-babies. I did not run during my pregnancies. I ran some in between but not regularly. Now I have started again, but I am getting severe headaches every time I start running. This has been
going on for 2 weeks. I can power walk with no problem. I've never been prone to headaches before. Anyone ever experience anything like this? I am 25 lb heavier now than pre-pregnancy. I lost my "baby weight" and then gained weight other places - I gain weight while nursing and am tandem nursing this time so it is worse. I'm not overweight though.

I don't think it is dehydration. I drink lots of water and nothing else except 1
cup of coffee in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-21-2009, 08:16 PM

I've been running, am up to 2-3 miles at a time. Headaches aren't a problem, but plugged ducts are, and I'm coming off a bad case of mastitis now. Darn over-supply!!

What's the weather like where you are? I get headaches and sinus aches if the air is too cold or too dry when I run.

How much water are you drinking? Could it be water intoxication? Maybe try some juice or electrolytes in place of some of your water.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#3 of 3 Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

It's pretty humid here most of the time. I think the high today is 67 F. Coldest it ever is is maybe 50 F (day time) and in that case, I stay inside.

I think I drink the right amount of water. I don't know how much, but I've always just drank to thirst and never had a problem.

I will try an electrolyte drink and see if that helps but I'm starting to think my body is just telling me to not run yet.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page