Travelled without baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-03-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if anyone has travelled without their babe yet? I asked on the LWAB forum if I should take my little man with me on a biz trip in three wks. He is very attached, and I'm stressed about taking him AND stressed about the idea of NOT taking him, lol!

FWIW, it is a 48-hr trip and DH is more than up for the challenge of being home with all four of them...

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#2 of 3 Old 01-03-2010, 02:24 PM

nak

i had a trip when connor was 4 months old, and i took him with me. it went well having him with me, i arranged daycare there, the plane was easy, the hotel was accomodating.

that said, i make sure to have enough pumped milk on hand for several days in case a trip comes up that i can't take baby with me easily. i would hate to leave him, but i'm sole income in our family, so if i have to, i'll do it.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#3 of 3 Old 01-03-2010, 05:55 PM

If you WANT to and can figure out the logistics, go for it! If the idea of hanging in a hotel room in QUIET (well, it might be quiet with just one as opposed to 4 anyhow, yk? ) and time to read a good book, take a hot bath, and go to bed early and sleep all night sounds better, than you should do that.

It's a tough call for me. I always THINK I want the peace and quiet, but in reality I'm totally bored with the solitude and wish I had my family. So, I'd probably take him.

Then again - I'm a total nut about leaving my children with strangers, so unless I could really have him WITH me for the trip - meaning my employers were willing to work with him around, that's great, otherwise, I might think it would be better for HIM to be home with Daddy than with some stranger. jmho.

Good luck with your decision!

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page