Fussy McCrabby Pants - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else have one of these lately?
GAWD!!! Ever since xmas, we all got sick - and still he has been generally miserable. Its like I have a different baby these last few weeks.
Sleep is all jacked - hes fussy after every feed, and seems generally annoyed with everything. He used to be so quiet and calm at night waking twice to feed and then going right back to sleep. now his longest sleep stretch at night has gone from almost 5hrs consistently to 3, and then constant wakings.

i don't really notice any teeth - but he has been drooling a lot and sucking a lot.

i chalk it up to another GROWTH PHASE, but man oh man - i hope to see my sweet happy boy again soon.

32 - son born 9/21/09
#2 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 03:51 PM

I've definitely noticed an increase of fussiness, night-wakings, drooling and hand-biting. So I'm thinking teething.

Last night the longest sleep stretch he did was 3 hours in the beginning then it was every hour after that. And like you said its not that he nurses and falls back to sleep, its that he is restless and nurses a little but pulls off then wants back on. He's not hungry I think, but rather in need of comfort and is never getting really comfortable. He sleeps with us so I don't even mind if he needs to be attached to my nipple a lot, but the on-off, on-off and the kicking and squirming. Arghhh.

Growth spurt, developmental phase, teething. . .I dunno. But somethings up. He isn't horrible during the day, but harder to please than normal that's for sure.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#3 of 11 Old 01-10-2010, 12:47 AM

No fussiness, but drooling and drooling all day long!
Bottom teeth are coming up, not sure when, but there is a different buldge along her gumline...
She sleeps great, but I'm babywearing a lot, too so that might be one of the reasons for her lack of complaints.

Camilia - homeopathic remedy from Boiron is great for teething!

:
#4 of 11 Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
And like you said its not that he nurses and falls back to sleep, its that he is restless and nurses a little but pulls off then wants back on. He's not hungry I think, but rather in need of comfort and is never getting really comfortable. He sleeps with us so I don't even mind if he needs to be attached to my nipple a lot, but the on-off, on-off and the kicking and squirming. Arghhh.
It's like you took the words right out of my mouth! I'm not sure what the deal is either but I wish he'd sleep better. I'm turning into a zombie between that and work.

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#5 of 11 Old 01-10-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproof View Post
He used to be so quiet and calm at night waking twice to feed and then going right back to sleep. now his longest sleep stretch at night has gone from almost 5hrs consistently to 3, and then constant wakings.
i don't really notice any teeth - but he has been drooling a lot and sucking a lot.
ditto, ditto, ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
I've definitely noticed an increase of fussiness, night-wakings, drooling and hand-biting. So I'm thinking teething.

Last night the longest sleep stretch he did was 3 hours in the beginning then it was every hour after that. Arghhh.

Growth spurt, developmental phase, teething. . .I dunno. But somethings up. He isn't horrible during the day, but harder to please than normal that's for sure.
exactly, exactly, exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikaKika View Post
She sleeps great, but I'm babywearing a lot, too so that might be one of the reasons for her lack of complaints.
trust me, as a mother of a nearly three year old for whom sleep has never come naturally, that isn't it. I wore my daughter for two years straight (well, 2-6 hrs+ a day, generally) because she wouldn't sleep otherwise. Some babies are just wonderful, well mannered, great sleeping babies no matter what a parent does. And then there are the rest, and the parents of those have to work for it. Ezra is such a mellow guy compared to his sister...different babies are just different.

Momma to my sweet kiddos DD (2.19.07) and DS (9.27.09) and wife to the most amazing man (7.24.04)
: :
#6 of 11 Old 01-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmomroxi View Post
It's like you took the words right out of my mouth! I'm not sure what the deal is either but I wish he'd sleep better. I'm turning into a zombie between that and work.
I guess we can take small comfort in the company and not being alone in these things. . .but that doesn't help us get better sleep!

Here's to hoping that our happy, sleeping babes return quickly!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#7 of 11 Old 01-10-2010, 11:19 PM

these are what my pedi reccomended for teething help at our last appointment

Camilia- for the teething symptoms

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=3335

Pulsatilla like this for the clingy behavior, runny nose and cough that can come with teething..

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/ite...te=google_base

hope it gets better for you, and soon!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#8 of 11 Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
yep yep yep.

Nights are icky - no more than 2.5/3hrs a stretch. And my grand ambitions of getting rid of the pacifier seem gone now since it seems the one thing he can keep in his mouth, and I know he wants to be gumming. His hands can grab something, and can kinda get it in the mouth, but just can't hold it there yet. Poor guy.
Chamomilla alone seems to work better than the "homeopathic teething tablets" you can find most everywhere, that contain chamomilla but at a lower dosage.

And we've been using dried papaya spears (with no sulfur), but really he goes bonkers with the tongue for flavor more than gumming for relief.

Oddly enough, though the nights are now unhappy, he's suddenly taking great afternoon naps?!?!

single, WAH home, to my only very kind & sweet lil man
#9 of 11 Old 01-12-2010, 12:30 AM

I'm certain we're not teething yet, but we're having the same hell here!

We're up sometimes every 30 minutes. And she's just screaming! I don't know what is going on. Poor baby I just get so frustrated bc I want to FIX it for her, yk?

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#10 of 11 Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
I'm certain we're not teething yet, but we're having the same hell here!

We're up sometimes every 30 minutes. And she's just screaming! I don't know what is going on. Poor baby I just get so frustrated bc I want to FIX it for her, yk?
I don't think we are teething here either...but also going through the same things. Is it true that the pain of teething can begin months before the teeth actually make their appearance? I read that somewhere and it seems possible. Just because the teeth aren't right at the surface does not mean that they are not beginning to move, right?

Anyway, with Piper, it seems like she's on again, off again. Happy as a clam one day, and oscar the grouch another day. I just wish I knew exctly what was going on so I could make it better. I suppose trying the homeops of teething would be worth it, just to see if it works.

Mama to 4yo dd Piper, loving wife to Dave and preggo for the second time...due in Early July!  Hurray!
#11 of 11 Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemamameg View Post
I don't think we are teething here either...but also going through the same things. Is it true that the pain of teething can begin months before the teeth actually make their appearance? I read that somewhere and it seems possible. Just because the teeth aren't right at the surface does not mean that they are not beginning to move, right?

Anyway, with Piper, it seems like she's on again, off again. Happy as a clam one day, and oscar the grouch another day. I just wish I knew exctly what was going on so I could make it better. I suppose trying the homeops of teething would be worth it, just to see if it works.
This is absolutely true. DD1 started drooling, squirming, biting at 3 months, and didn't get her first tooth till 9 months! DD2 has started with the drooling and biting just now, at 3.5 months. I truly believe that the teeth are just moving up...I don't think thy'll break the surface for a while yet.

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page