Holy Milestones!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well - we have been in crabby baby sleep hell since the day after xmas and I haven't known what the heck was going on.

I've been practically in tears wondering where I've gone wrong with this 3rd baby...I really thought I had it all figured out and I run a daycare for cryin' out loud!

Anyways, Charlotte now found her feet - is rolling in all 4 directions, is blowing raspberries, is grabbing things and holding them, is giving kisses AND is scooting. It's WILD! This is all in the last 2 weeks. craziness I tell you.

And I was so desperate I had just about gotten myself ready to let her CIO a little to go to sleep by herself (since she was simply screaming herself horse in my arms as it was) and I resolved myself and took her up to bed, rocked her and kissed her and set her down - and the little stinker cried for 3 minutes and then slept for 3 hours! I had to wake her up!!! Then I took her for her next nap and she didn't make a SINGLE peep! I think she's been playing me. What a little booger.

I tell you what - it made me feel like a whole new Mommy tonight, that's for sure. I had been feeling so frustrated and down and now this evening I'm just enamored all over again.

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#2 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 12:48 PM

One of my friends is in this place right now with her 6 month old. She posted on facebook at 4am saying that he was screaming again, and she didn't particularly like him right then. I think I'll forward this post to her. It's SO hard to remember that milestones are hard on babies!! In the middle of all the screaming and neediness, logic goes out the window and you just feel lost. Then suddenly the baby is crawling and happy as can be. It's maddening, but I think the mommy guilt about the frustration you felt is worse!

Go Charlotte!!

Gavin is really working on learning to laugh, and it's hilarious to watch him!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#3 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
tzs

is that what all the crying is about???
we're good at night but have been having some pretty mean daytime bouts. had to leave in the middle of a haircut yesterday.

she's also pretty funny with the rolling. the last few days she can;t even be on her back for more than a second without flipping over to the tummy. but then she gets stuck there and after a while starts freaking out...screaming. only to flip back over the minute i roll her to her back again. i know they say that if they can roll over then they can roll on back but she doesn't seem to realize it. it's cute but also frustrating. i used to be able to leave her in her crib for short bouts while she played with her moose. but now i have to keep running back to flip her over!!!

agh, she's doing it again on the bed next to me!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#4 of 8 Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 PM

My DD is starting to roll over on her belly while in bed too. It's frustrating at times. She laughs a lot more now. She isn't quite scooting yet. She sits really well when supported but not on her own. Loves her bumbo seat!

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#5 of 8 Old 01-13-2010, 01:28 PM

I always assume something big is about to happen when my babies stop sleeping well! It's a really good thing to remember, because it puts a positive spin on it when things are really difficult.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#6 of 8 Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
I always assume something big is about to happen when my babies stop sleeping well! It's a really good thing to remember, because it puts a positive spin on it when things are really difficult.
MUST try and remember this at 3am...

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#7 of 8 Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
One of my friends is in this place right now with her 6 month old. She posted on facebook at 4am saying that he was screaming again, and she didn't particularly like him right then. I think I'll forward this post to her. It's SO hard to remember that milestones are hard on babies!! In the middle of all the screaming and neediness, logic goes out the window and you just feel lost. Then suddenly the baby is crawling and happy as can be. It's maddening, but I think the mommy guilt about the frustration you felt is worse!

Go Charlotte!!

Gavin is really working on learning to laugh, and it's hilarious to watch him!!
I completely agree with you. It's difficult to remember, in the moment, that babes are just hitting milestones. And then, they show you their new talents and it all makes sense again.

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#8 of 8 Old 01-16-2010, 11:09 AM

i think we are finally coming out of the NIGHT HELL!! HOORAH!!!!

i had resorted back to the damn SWING for sleep - it was freaking me out.

32 - son born 9/21/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page