Introduce yourself! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 124 Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm Lara. I have a 3-year-old DS, still nursing a little bit (and I'm sooo glad that I'm not as sore so far as I was last time...) EDD is Oct. 1. We're planning a homebirth - had an out-of-hospital breech birth last time, but this time I'd like to be in my very own home!

We're trying for a girl this time, just to round things out (but I still want at least one more after this). We tried the Shettles method, but I'm afraid we messed it up a bit, since I had a double peak. (I guess we'll find out eventually if I ovulated twice, eek!) I was also taking calcium and magnesium, so we'll see.

I'm a stay-at-home mom and I babysit DS's little friend who shares his birthday. I'm a geek and I like gardening, and I spend too much time on the computer. That probably introduces me pretty well.
#32 of 124 Old 01-28-2009, 05:04 PM

Aww Masel, that is a good sign! That story made me smile!

Just saw the dr today to follow up on an apt last week for something unrelated, but got another BFP there and the EDD according to her wheel is 10/2. I'm not too worried about the date but it was nice to have the BFP confirmed. :

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#33 of 124 Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 PM

I'm Leslie, 29, this will be our 2nd baby, EDD is sometime around 10/4...my cycles were still not totally regular (18 month old DD, still BFing), so who knows really? Congrats to everyone!
#34 of 124 Old 01-29-2009, 12:04 AM

Hi all!
I'm Sarah and I am expecting in early October. I have a 3 1/2 year old son and have been ttc this little one for 8 months! Needless to say I am still a bit in awe over finally seeing a positive on the test(s)!

We took December off from charting/temping/etc so I do not know exactly how far along I am (my cycles are very long and irregular) but I am thinking because of the faint positive I received on Sunday and the much less faint positive I received today, that I must be about 4-5 weeks.

More nervous about mc this time around. Probably because of how long it took to get pregnant. But I have a ton of pressure and intensity (almost like going from not pregnant to 3 months pregnant!) so I think that is a good sign that things are in full swing!

I do not have a ton of time for mdc but hope to have a chance to post/reply somewhat often. Either way, I will be reading everyone's stories and you will be in my thoughts/prayers!

It is late and that is about all I can think of right now. Good luck Mamas!
#35 of 124 Old 01-29-2009, 05:18 AM

Hi everyone! Well I'm here, I find it funny that I am because we were supposed to start avoiding this month because of the rough ride 2008 gave us. I have read back to back TCOYF and thought that DTD was totally safe while AF was visiting as I almost always ovulate almost a full month after the first day of my last AF. Yeah, I was wrong, NFP *fail* LOL! My first day of my last period was Jan. 13th. 10 days later I had classic implantation bleeding and I waited 2 days to POAS and it was positive::. I am so happy! God willing, this baby wants to be here. This will be my third and probably my last My oldest Son is 4.5 and his name is Davey, and my baby is 14 months and is named Beren (we call him Behr). He is still nursing strong and my boobs are very sore so this should be interesting. I have no plans to wean him though and I hope my supply will keep up. I think I am due around the 12th of October.

Becky married to Dave with our sons Davey(6), Beren(3), an Angel, and Seifer(11 m)
#36 of 124 Old 01-29-2009, 03:08 PM

Congrats everyone!

I'm Jenn and due with baby #2 on 10/3, my daughter is 18 months old today. The whole pregnancy thing is still sinking in, but I'm excited to be here and join all of you!
#37 of 124 Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Hello everyone! I'm due with #2 on Oct. 3rd. So that makes me 4 weeks and 5 days, I think. I'm 27 and I have an 18mo dd (and a wonderful dh and 2 cats!). This was my first time ovulating postpartum, so it feels weird to me to be pg without ever having a period yet. I don't have too many symptoms yet: slightly sore nipples (dd is still nursing a lot), a slight "heavy" feeling where my uterus is, and I think I'm already peeing more often. No morning sickness yet, but that didn't start last pg until I was about 6 weeks, so hopefully I have a couple more weeks to go. I was constantly feeling queasy until I was 16 weeks with my first pg; it was not fun.
I'm not very worried or nervous so far, but I will feel much better when I'm in the second trimester (Mar. 21st, I think! ).

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#38 of 124 Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 PM

Hi I'm Erin-I just got 2 BFPs this am-I may take another because I think I am in shock(we've been trying for 3 months). I just turned 34 and this will be baby #2 EDD Oct. 7, I have a 28 month old DD. I have only told my best friend because I was bursting at the seams and my DH is out of cell service.

I thought I wasn't pg. totally convinced myself that everyone else was getting pg and I was not, and now I am here. I have been super emotional like to the point I thought that I was crazy. I have had to pee every night for the past week or so-that got me thinking, AF did a no show yesterday, so I tested this am after Dh left for work. Plus I have wanted to go to bed at 8 pm, and sleep until 6am(except for my 3am pee wake up, ).

I am waiting impatiently for DH to get home, I'm feeling a little crazy:.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#39 of 124 Old 01-29-2009, 09:40 PM

OMG - I'm pregnant! I just got a super faint BFP this afternoon at 10dpo after 16 months of TTC. This will be our first baby! I am due on October 12.

It still doesn't quite seem real... I'm thrilled to be here.
#40 of 124 Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
OMG - I'm pregnant! I just got a super faint BFP this afternoon at 10dpo after 16 months of TTC. This will be our first baby! I am due on October 12.

Hi Binkin! I just saw this here so, I'm parachuting in from the June DDC to say huge congratulations!::: Enjoy the next 9 months!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#41 of 124 Old 01-30-2009, 03:16 PM

Hi. I'm AmyBeth, I am due Sept. 25th, but based on my cycles, I am leaning more towards early October. This is baby #4 for me, DH's first; we have two boys and a girl. I have awful "morning sickness" in the evenings...guess that's a good thing, since I'm a full-time student. We plan to have a homebirth.

#42 of 124 Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM

Hi! I'm Nicole. I'm 29 and this will be #1. We went through a decent amount of trouble to get to this point - found out I was gluten intolerant, adrenal fatigue, etc. but here we are after only 2 months of treatment, woohoo!

I'm due around Oct 4, but I think a few days later as my ovulation is always a little late. I'm excited but also worried. I have an unusual situation in that I know my baby has a 50% chance of inheriting a nasty genetic defect from me. We will be doing CVS testing and are planning on terminating if it comes back positive. Most people see how "normal" I am and don't understand that I am better than 99.9% of people with the disorder. I have a lot of hidden symptoms of the disease (various deficiencies, infertility, etc.). If I can stop it now, it stops in our family forever. I would rather make the tough decision than force that decision on my kids.

So, I'm excited, but trying not to get too excited. I really wish it didn't have to be this way.

Nicole

My family = Me + DH plus new babe 5/12 make 3 buddamomimg1.png

#43 of 124 Old 01-31-2009, 12:03 AM

Welcome to everyone!! So many members of this DDC already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMom View Post
Hi! I'm Nicole. I'm 29 and this will be #1. We went through a decent amount of trouble to get to this point - found out I was gluten intolerant, adrenal fatigue, etc. but here we are after only 2 months of treatment, woohoo!

I'm due around Oct 4, but I think a few days later as my ovulation is always a little late. I'm excited but also worried. I have an unusual situation in that I know my baby has a 50% chance of inheriting a nasty genetic defect from me. We will be doing CVS testing and are planning on terminating if it comes back positive. Most people see how "normal" I am and don't understand that I am better than 99.9% of people with the disorder. I have a lot of hidden symptoms of the disease (various deficiencies, infertility, etc.). If I can stop it now, it stops in our family forever. I would rather make the tough decision than force that decision on my kids.

So, I'm excited, but trying not to get too excited. I really wish it didn't have to be this way.

Nicole
That sounds terribly difficult, and I'm sure it took a lot of thought and discussion to come to that decision. I wish you the best.

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
#44 of 124 Old 01-31-2009, 03:34 PM

I'm Gretchen, 26, and this is my second pregnancy. Actually, I'm fairly certain that I miscarried about 3 cycles ago, but it was a very early miscarriage (a 51 day cycle), so technically third I suppose. We'll see if this one sticks (dd is Oct.2 so I'm about 5 weeks).

We weren't actively ttc, but weren't actively trying to prevent, either. We had talked about ttc this winter sometime between Jan-March, so we accomplished things on the early end. We had planned to wait until my husband's temp job at UM hospital turned into a permanent position, but it hasn't yet. We expect it will in the near future. I work part time at a non profit and am planning on going into birth work--first a birth and post partum doula, and later a midwife.

We have a 21 mo. daughter. I've only had a few days to think about this pregnancy, but I feel a little ambivalent. My husband is nervous and talking about money (which sortof kills the romance for me), and although I was open to pregnancy, I feel like we weren't exactly on the same page. I think he wanted to wait a little longer, but didn't want to do anything to actively prevent, so that's a little uncomfortable and frustrating. I just want to feel like I'm not alone in welcoming this baby--I feel very detached at this point (and it's still way early so I think that's ok) and I think it's partly because I don't think he's excited. Or maybe I don't feel excited. I also feel a little sad, because I cherish my time with my daughter so much and, although I know I will love this baby just as much, I'm having a hard time imagining sharing time and feeling equally about another person. I'm pretty sure this is all normal and that in a few weeks, as things sink in, I will feel happy and accepting.

I've watched these forums since before I was pregnant with dd1, but have rarely posted. I feel like I want/need more support this time around, though, so here I am.

hijab.gif Muslim convert attachment mama to 2, stepmama to 3 more. Married to a Warrior Spirit. 

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

#45 of 124 Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM

Count me in, I'm expecting my second in early October!

I'm Icey (The Batmom is because my son is Bruce), and I'm due Oct. 2nd. Hoping for a home birth, and since my son was huge and late, this one probably will be too. I'm about to turn 23, and I live near Austin Texas.
#46 of 124 Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 PM

Hi all,

I'm Alissa, age 29. We have a son who will be two in October- our EDD with this one is Oct 9th. This pg wasn't planned and I'm still in a bit of shock. I wanted to have kids farther apart in age, but am trying to get excited about this one. We had a m/c before DS, so I'm also a bit nervous about that happening again.

Happy to be here with everyone!
#47 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 02:41 AM

Congratulations to all the new mommies-to-be!

I'd like to join in. I got a bfp for certain today after my 2nd round of IUI. I too am nervous because of m/c's in 2008. I hope this is my year, esp since it's the Chinese Year of the Ox and I'm an Ox. That should be a good sign, right?

I have a DS from a previous relationship. This will be #2 for DH and I together. My EDD is Oct. 14th. I go for blood work on Feb 5th so I'll be on pins and needles until then.

Thanks!

Stephanie: married mom to 4

Located just slightly left of sanity.

#48 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 03:30 AM

Congrats to everyone and happy healthy nine months to us all!

I'm Lucia, I'm 28 and mom to three little darlings Elliott 3, and twins Fiona and Willow 18m. I also had an angel before the twins, we lost him at 6 weeks. I'm polyamourous and I have two partners. One of my partners learned today that pull and pray only works when you pull out, no matter how hard you pray . I've been wanting to try again, but this wasn't exactly what we were planning. Still incredibly excited and so are they. I will be UBACing this time around and I'm really looking forward to not going to the dr's office all the time with three toddlers in tow! I am still tandem nursing all three kids and my nipples feel like someone has been teething on them but it's all good. I know it will ease up in a couple of months, until then I have soothies LOL!

Nice to "meet" you all and look forward to the coming year!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#49 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 05:53 AM

Wow Lucia! Nursing 3, that's great! Congratulations to all of you.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#50 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 05:57 AM

Hi all, I'm due 10/1 but I assume I'll go earlier than that. I had pre-term labor with DD at 32 weeks, and then she was born at 36 weeks. This is my 7th pregnancy. I have terminated a pregnancy, had a tubal pregnancy with my right tube removed, my DD, 3 miscarriages, and now this pregnancy. Ack!!!

I am 5w3d, and have my first u/s at 7 weeks to make sure it's a uterine pregnancy. I absolutely can't wait to see the little heartbeat.

Welcome everyone!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#51 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM

Wow! There's a lot of us!

I am 30 and pregnant for the first time (after a couple of chemical pregnancies, I think). TTC for about 6 months.

Anxious about lack of symptoms. Dr. won't see me until 9 weeks. EDD is October 4th. Will probably be looking to all of you veteran mommies for advice and support! Best wishes to everyone!:
#52 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Hi ladies! I'm Liz, age 26, and I got my first positive test ever yesterday!!! I'm pregnant with # 1 and due October 10th. It took us 16 months and 6 cycles of fertility treatments to get here, so I'm super excited but incredibly nervous. The timing of the pregnacy is not ideal (we'll be moving a month or two before I'm due), but I don't care at all. I'm just so happy to finally be here. :

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#53 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post

BINKIN!!!!! you're still around! and you're pregnant! yayayayayayay!

how's the knitting going?

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
#54 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
BINKIN!!!!! you're still around! and you're pregnant! yayayayayayay!

how's the knitting going?
The knitting is awesome I am working on a baby sweater now! :

TBH today I am feeling SUPER panicky that this baby isn't sticky and I'm on the verge of tears. Ack.
#55 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 PM

aaaand, I guess I'm outta here.
I never did get an actual positive test, just lots and lots of symptoms (oh yeah, and being like 11 days late) but now I'm bleeding so whether it's AF or an m/c, it's clearly not an october baby.

Good luck to the rest of you though! I'm insainely jealous.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#56 of 124 Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
aaaand, I guess I'm outta here.
I never did get an actual positive test, just lots and lots of symptoms (oh yeah, and being like 11 days late) but now I'm bleeding so whether it's AF or an m/c, it's clearly not an october baby.

Good luck to the rest of you though! I'm insainely jealous.
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Sounds like me in November, and it stinks when you get your hopes up like that. Best of luck next cycle.

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
#57 of 124 Old 02-02-2009, 02:27 AM

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#58 of 124 Old 02-02-2009, 03:33 PM

Congratulations and best wishes to all of you here. I got my BFP on Saturday and have an EDD of 10/11/09. If this baby sticks : it will be my first, after a miscarriage last September. I found MDC after my miscarriage, but haven't posted before. Hoping to find some fun and support when needed on this board.
#59 of 124 Old 02-02-2009, 04:55 PM

to the DDC and to MDC sh118! and Congratulations!
#60 of 124 Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 PM

Hello, my name is Jena and after 7 long years of TTC our #2 we finally got our BFP.
EDD is Oct 12th.:

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page