Introduce yourself! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 124 Old 02-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I get to join you ladies! I got a BFP this morning (on my 27th birthday), and am due Oct. 12ish. This is #2 for us - DD is 25 months old and still nursing right now.

My big goal: to finish and defend my masters thesis in the next few months so I can be free of it before this babe is born.

Happy to join you all! :

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#62 of 124 Old 02-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Hi, my name is Melissa. I'm expecting baby #3 on October 1st.

I have a 3 year old son and a daughter who will be 1 in March. My son was an emergency c-section and my daughter was a VBAC. My daughter is still nursing, but she's self-weaning and at this rate I expect her to finish nursing in the next month or so.

Congratulations to all!
#63 of 124 Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Kritto!: Congratulations Melissassippi!! Welcome to the group!:

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#64 of 124 Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM

This is baby #2 for us! DS is 4.

Congrats everyone!!

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
#65 of 124 Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM

hI all!!! I'm 27. I have a 20 month old who is still nursing and number 2 due oct 14th. Not sure about what sort of birth we will have this time. Dd was a hospital birth but I am looking into birthing centers and possibly a home birth.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#66 of 124 Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM

Hi Ladies!!! I am so excited to be here, I got my last night. I am due on October 13th. I'm 28, and have 2 boys (8 and 5) with my wonderful husband of 10 years. I had a homebirth VBAC last time, and will have another homebirth this time around (although I am totally not ready to think about that yet). It has taken me nearly 2 years to get DH to consent (importantly different than agreeing) to have another baby, and then 2 months to make it happen. I am very excited, but still in total shock, like this just can't be real. Anybody else feeling like that?

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#67 of 124 Old 02-05-2009, 03:25 PM

Hi All,

I'm Nicolle and my due date is October 3rd. I've had positive results from two HPTs and my first doctor visit/ultrasound is on the 23rd.

I had to end a pregnancy back in August. I had a CVS test and the results came back with triploidy, a genetic disorder "incompatible with life". It was a heartbreaking decision and since that time I've prayed for that little soul to come back to me in a whole and healthy body. I hope, this time, my prayers are answered. I want this baby so badly.

Best wishes and best of luck to all of you!
~N~

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#68 of 124 Old 02-06-2009, 01:45 PM

Hi everyone! So happy to finally be here. I just got a positive test this morning at 10dpo. I didnt use FMU so I wasnt expecting anything and here I got a positive within a minute!! I am due Oct 20th and we are hopefully having a home water birth. I am soo nervous as this is our 1st. We have been TTC for 7 months.
#69 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 12:20 AM

i'm nervous to even post in here b/c i don't want to jinx it. but, i got a BFP yesterday and another this morning. i will be testing tomorrow and sunday too. AF was due yesterday, so i'm currently at 15DPO. if AF doesn't show up over the weekend, i'll call the doctor to set up a bloodtest.

i went off birth control in March 2007 but we didn't get serious about trying until Oct 2007. we've been trying since then, but haven't had a positive pregnancy before now.

i'm having a hard time getting excited b/c it doesn't seem real or possible. if this baby chooses to stick, my EDD is Oct 15th according to FF.

and, what the heck is a Catubodua anyway? you wonder -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catubodua

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#70 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm in a daze now. It's hard to believe it's real! All's I have are those little pink smudges on the 2 tests I took today.

I'm still nursing my 13 mo around the clock. Last time my milk dried up at 14 weeks but I nursed all the way through & tandem nursed. I'm a little nervous about doing all that again...

I also hemorrhaged after my last 2 babies & I'm nervous about that as well...

But besides that, I'm either beyond excited, or completely numb! I can't believe I get to do this all again. :

This is my 3rd child with my current husband, but 5th child altogether! I keep thinking to myself "five kids, FIVE kids, FIVE KIDS!!"

I'm due 10/17/09. Perfect. I actually prayed for the next baby to not come during the holidays. My last one was born 12/19, & the one before that came 11/26 (thanksgiving). 10/17 is fabulous! We're planning another unassisted home birth.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#71 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi ladies!! I'm officially in the September DDC (9/29/09 or 9/30/09), but there's a good chance this could be an October baby. Plus, I was TTC with a couple of these mamas, and I'm SO THRILLED they've joined this part of MDC!!! (Hi Brin and RM1117!) This is my first true pregnancy (chemical pregs in December '08) and DH and I are so super excited, and also nervous. We're trying to enjoy every minute of this and think only positive, sticky, healthy thoughts. We have our first appointment on Tuesday...yikes!!!! I'm pretty nervous. I'm working on week 7 right now. How's everybody feeling?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#72 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 03:24 AM

Hi! I'm Mandy, and DH and I are expecting number FOUR! I still cannot believe that we're pregnant. We have had to go through fertility treatments to become pregnant with my other children we didn't plan on this happening until NEXT year when we would have to go through all of that again we thought! This is such a wonderful surprise and we are so excited.

I can't wait to get to know everyone and share all of our joys and woes of pregnancy together! I probably won't be around much for the next few months because I work very long hours managing a tax office this time of year, but after that I'll be on here for sure!

The due date for our little jelly bean is October 9th, but I'm thinking he/she will be here before that. I've never gone over 39 weeks with the other three.

Congratulations everyone!

(Oh, and I really need to change my signature! My kids are now 6, 4, and 18 months!)

belly.gifMandy Mom to Hayden (9),  Ellie (7),  Jordyn (4),  Evan (10/07/09 - 01/11/12),  

and our rainbow1284.gif baby due January 29th!  

homebirth.jpg   waterbirth.jpg   redbluerib.gif   novaxnocirc.gif

candleflicker2.gif www.facebook.com/healingevan                

#73 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM

We have been TTC # 1 now for almost 3 yrs. This was my first round with injectables and trigger/IUI (had done 3 rounds of clomid and 2 IUI previously with no luck). It has been a long road, but I’m so excited to finally be here and joining you other Oct. ladies!!! : I think my EDD is probably around Oct 22nd or so. Still waiting for a response back from my RE about my beta I had done yesterday (still haven’t told my DH b/c I want to hear it officially from them and then I have a surprise set up for him – the suspense is killing me). I am 12 DPO/PIUI and I got my BFP Friday morning on a $ store test and had to pee on another one just to be sure I wasn’t seeing things. Then went out and bought a digital b/c I just couldn’t believe it was true. So all 3 said I am pregnant! I’m still in totally shock and I don’t think I’ll be able to truly believe it until I hear a heartbeat!! I’m so used to having some control in my life (well, except for the IF issue) and now I feel like I have none. I just have to go with the flow and trust that everything will be alright. Looking forward to getting to know you all more. I know the MDC infertility thread was such a blessing to be a part of and this will be even sweeter!!! Here is to a happy and healthy 9 months for all of us!!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#74 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 10:23 AM

I just wanted to shout out a congratulations to everyone that has joined us since my original post. I hope you are all feeling well.
#75 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Hi ladies!! I'm officially in the September DDC (9/29/09 or 9/30/09), but there's a good chance this could be an October baby. Plus, I was TTC with a couple of these mamas, and I'm SO THRILLED they've joined this part of MDC!!! (Hi Brin and RM1117!) This is my first true pregnancy (chemical pregs in December '08) and DH and I are so super excited, and also nervous. We're trying to enjoy every minute of this and think only positive, sticky, healthy thoughts. We have our first appointment on Tuesday...yikes!!!! I'm pretty nervous. I'm working on week 7 right now. How's everybody feeling?
Right back at 'ya! I am so glad to see you here! I just noticed that the TTC threads I have followed have had 4 BFPs in 4 days. Amazing!!! I think you should just move your date to October 1st and join us here permanently I can't believe you are 7 weeks now, and I am so excited to hear about your first visit. You'll have to tell us all about it.

#76 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM

lol, thanks brin! I was definitely getting antsy here and wanting my no stresser TTCer buddies to join me. I think we need a similar thread here, because it's easy to get stressed out/nervous at this point, too! Anybody interested in a No-Stress DDC thread where we try to avoid all the scary stories people try to tell us? We could do roll-call...and list appointment dates and stuff. Hmm.....this is starting to take shape in my mind. Anybody know anything about starting that kind of thread?

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#77 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Hi all, I'm Amanda and am very unexpectedly here. I am 27 and this is baby #5 for us. Baby's EDD is OCT 11th :

Congratulations everyone
#78 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Tear, we definitely need one of those here! It was a freaking life saver for me on the TTC boards because it's so easy to get wrapped up in everyone's stress. Pretty soon you start thinking, "Oh no, what if that's going to happen to me?!?!" and "maybe I have that problem too!" I'd really rather avoid that if I can. I have no reason to be worried about anything right now, but I a highly susceptible to the power of suggestion, IYKWIM? Can you start the thread? I've never started a thread before...

P.S. I would also be nice to have a "permanent" thread so you can get to know everybody on it really well, like on the TTC boards, instead of having to read all of the threads to keep track of a few people.

#79 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
P.S. I would also be nice to have a "permanent" thread so you can get to know everybody on it really well, like on the TTC boards, instead of having to read all of the threads to keep track of a few people.
YES! That's what's making it hard for me to find my little cozy niche. What if I start one under the heading "I'm Pregnant" instead of in a DDC, that way all our TTC friends (and anybody from any of the clubs ) can join regardless of their due date? I could then list, like...how far along people are. I will try to go start it, then if it gets popular we can rotate who manages, like with "the One" thread. I've never done it before, but I'll go try. YAY! I'm excited! :

Remembering our 3 losses

#80 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
YES! That's what's making it hard for me to find my little cozy niche. What if I start one under the heading "I'm Pregnant" instead of in a DDC, that way all our TTC friends (and anybody from any of the clubs ) can join regardless of their due date? I could then list, like...how far along people are. I will try to go start it, then if it gets popular we can rotate who manages, like with "the One" thread. I've never done it before, but I'll go try. YAY! I'm excited! :
That sounds great! I think it's a good idea to have it on the "I'm Pregnant" board, too. We could list people in order of due dates. Thanks for starting it. I'll help manage it when the time comes. I think others will too. Let me know when it's up.

#81 of 124 Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Here's the link!!! Since I've never done this before, I'm totally open to suggestions. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...8#post13147158

Jooooiiiin usss.......

Remembering our 3 losses

#82 of 124 Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 AM

Hi

I am Roxanne, I am due with babe #2 on Oct 4. My dd was born in May/06. We are planning a homebirth again with the same midwives that we used for dd. I have just finished a Bachelor of Nursing so at least I won't have that stress during this pregnancy.:

mum2row DD 3yrs & DS Oct/09
#83 of 124 Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 PM

Hi

I'm Jamie due about October 11th. We just found out last night and we are a bit in shock I should say. DD will be 5 in october and ds will be 3 in April. I am a nursing student and not too sure how this is going to change that. I have an appointment with my dr. tomorrow(although she thinks its for PCOS issues).
#84 of 124 Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2row View Post
Hi

I am Roxanne, I am due with babe #2 on Oct 4. My dd was born in May/06. We are planning a homebirth again with the same midwives that we used for dd. I have just finished a Bachelor of Nursing so at least I won't have that stress during this pregnancy.:
Roxanne, where are you in AB? I deliverd DS1 with the Briar Hill Midwives in Calgary and absolutely loved them!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#85 of 124 Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 AM

Hi Jenny,
we were with Briar Hill midwives as well, We used team A, Penny, Carol, Joy, Mary. We are going with the same team but Joy is no longer with Briar Hill, she has her own practice in Cochrane and I am not sure how much Penny is working after being sick last fall (Check out their facebook page for info). I saw your post that you will be returning to Calgary for the birth have you contacted Briar Hill yet? Midwifery will be funded by provinicial health care as of April 1 so I am not sure how busy they will be.

mum2row DD 3yrs & DS Oct/09
#86 of 124 Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Jamie and i'm so happy to be here. We had been TTC for a while now and I was just shocked by my BFP yesterday. Seems to good to be true!!!

I am a SAHM to my one year old DS named Owen. His little brother or sister is due October 17th:

Jamie, busy Mama to my sweet little O Man, loving wife to Brian, and very excited about our new addition, the J Man, here after ourh20homebirth.gif
                                                   Unexpectedly expecting a new little one in November!!!belly.gif
#87 of 124 Old 02-09-2009, 02:40 AM

Oh man! I just got a positive this morning. It has been quite a day! And just now a friend reminded me about DDCs! So here I am!

I'll read through this thread tomorrow... I'm pretty tired... what I was so sure was PMS
#88 of 124 Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Hi there! I'm Melissa and I'm due Oct 17th. We are so thrilled and surprised! We had a hard time getting PG with #2 a and eventually had to turn to meds. This time we got pregnant on the 1st cycle trying and all natural too!!
Not really any symptoms yet...other than cramping.

Congrats Mama's!!!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! :
#89 of 124 Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Hello! I'm Jennifer. We were supposed to be taking this month off from ttc, but apparently it was too late! I realized last week that I was about a week late and tested and lo and behold, here I am! This is my 8th pg, will be my ninth child. I have a 4 yo boy, a 2 yo girl and six angels.

After losing our twins last May, our peri ordered new testing and we discovered that our previous results were wrong/incomplete. I tested positive for MTHFR and lupus anticoagulant. I am feeling positive this time, as I have been taking extra precautions this time and hope very much to find an accomodating midwife and have a homebirth. This will be our last child (fingers crossed!) and I want to enjoy every second of this pg, rather than the usual u/s after u/s and worry. We feel much more confident and prepared this time.
#90 of 124 Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Hi Everyone and CONGRATULATIONS!

I keep checking on my BFP sticks, as if they will all (yes, *all* ...I am a poas machine right now) turn neg. But it's + after +

...I'm still in shock!

I am 34 (will be 35 when baby is born) and this is my first pregnancy. We started TTC in Dec. The online due date calculators are telling me my EDD is Oct 16 but I have 32 day cycles, so I believe I'm due closer to Oct 21.

We haven't told anyone IRL yet...figuring out where we stand on that.

As this is my first, I feel a mite confounded. I have been gathering midwife info for a while, so I guess we are going to start interviewing? We have planned for a homebirth long before we started TTC so I guess it's just HERE WE GO!!!!!!

Looking so forward to sharing in this amazing time with all of you!!! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page