Mothering Forum banner

Introduce yourself!

5K views 123 replies 90 participants last post by  Watershippy 
#1 ·
Hooray!
: Thanks mods!

We need a getting-to-know-you thread so I can see who I get to share this journey with!

I'm Jill, this is baby number three, pregnancy number five for me. I've lost three babies, so I'm a bit nervous, but ecstatic at the same time! This is the quickest we've ever conceived, and I'm thrilled! We have a 3yo and a 10mo, both girls. Hoping for a boy but honestly I'm just thrilled to be pregnant! Oh, I'm due Oct. 6th, and will have an u/s somewhere around 9 weeks to determine the number of babies. I was on clomid and I've conceive twins before, so I don't wanna take my chances!

So tell me all about you!

See less See more
#52 ·
Hi ladies! I'm Liz, age 26, and I got my first positive test ever yesterday!!! I'm pregnant with # 1 and due October 10th. It took us 16 months and 6 cycles of fertility treatments to get here, so I'm super excited but incredibly nervous. The timing of the pregnacy is not ideal (we'll be moving a month or two before I'm due), but I don't care at all. I'm just so happy to finally be here.
:

#53 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by binkin View Post
OMG - I'm pregnant! I just got a super faint BFP this afternoon at 10dpo after 16 months of TTC. This will be our first baby! I am due on October 12.

It still doesn't quite seem real... I'm thrilled to be here.
BINKIN!!!!! you're still around! and you're pregnant! yayayayayayay!

how's the knitting going?

#54 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
BINKIN!!!!! you're still around! and you're pregnant! yayayayayayay!

how's the knitting going?
The knitting is awesome
I am working on a baby sweater now!
:

TBH today I am feeling SUPER panicky that this baby isn't sticky and I'm on the verge of tears. Ack.

#55 ·
aaaand, I guess I'm outta here.
I never did get an actual positive test, just lots and lots of symptoms (oh yeah, and being like 11 days late) but now I'm bleeding so whether it's AF or an m/c, it's clearly not an october baby.

Good luck to the rest of you though! I'm insainely jealous.

#56 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
aaaand, I guess I'm outta here.
I never did get an actual positive test, just lots and lots of symptoms (oh yeah, and being like 11 days late) but now I'm bleeding so whether it's AF or an m/c, it's clearly not an october baby.

Good luck to the rest of you though! I'm insainely jealous.

I'm so sorry to hear about this.
Sounds like me in November, and it stinks when you get your hopes up like that. Best of luck next cycle.

#58 ·
Congratulations and best wishes to all of you here. I got my BFP on Saturday and have an EDD of 10/11/09. If this baby sticks
: it will be my first, after a miscarriage last September. I found MDC after my miscarriage, but haven't posted before. Hoping to find some fun and support when needed on this board.

#61 ·
I get to join you ladies! I got a BFP this morning (on my 27th birthday), and am due Oct. 12ish. This is #2 for us - DD is 25 months old and still nursing right now.

My big goal: to finish and defend my masters thesis in the next few months so I can be free of it before this babe is born.

Happy to join you all!
:

#62 ·
Hi, my name is Melissa. I'm expecting baby #3 on October 1st.

I have a 3 year old son and a daughter who will be 1 in March. My son was an emergency c-section and my daughter was a VBAC. My daughter is still nursing, but she's self-weaning and at this rate I expect her to finish nursing in the next month or so.

Congratulations to all!

#65 ·
hI all!!! I'm 27. I have a 20 month old who is still nursing and number 2 due oct 14th. Not sure about what sort of birth we will have this time. Dd was a hospital birth but I am looking into birthing centers and possibly a home birth.

#66 ·
Hi Ladies!!! I am so excited to be here, I got my
last night. I am due on October 13th. I'm 28, and have 2 boys (8 and 5) with my wonderful husband of 10 years. I had a homebirth VBAC last time, and will have another homebirth this time around (although I am totally not ready to think about that yet). It has taken me nearly 2 years to get DH to consent (importantly different than agreeing) to have another baby, and then 2 months to make it happen. I am very excited, but still in total shock, like this just can't be real. Anybody else feeling like that?

#67 ·
Hi All,

I'm Nicolle and my due date is October 3rd. I've had positive results from two HPTs and my first doctor visit/ultrasound is on the 23rd.

I had to end a pregnancy back in August. I had a CVS test and the results came back with triploidy, a genetic disorder "incompatible with life". It was a heartbreaking decision and since that time I've prayed for that little soul to come back to me in a whole and healthy body. I hope, this time, my prayers are answered. I want this baby so badly.

Best wishes and best of luck to all of you!
~N~

#68 ·
Hi everyone! So happy to finally be here. I just got a positive test this morning at 10dpo. I didnt use FMU so I wasnt expecting anything and here I got a positive within a minute!! I am due Oct 20th and we are hopefully having a home water birth. I am soo nervous as this is our 1st. We have been TTC for 7 months.

#69 ·
i'm nervous to even post in here b/c i don't want to jinx it. but, i got a BFP yesterday and another this morning. i will be testing tomorrow and sunday too. AF was due yesterday, so i'm currently at 15DPO. if AF doesn't show up over the weekend, i'll call the doctor to set up a bloodtest.

i went off birth control in March 2007 but we didn't get serious about trying until Oct 2007. we've been trying since then, but haven't had a positive pregnancy before now.

i'm having a hard time getting excited b/c it doesn't seem real or possible. if this baby chooses to stick, my EDD is Oct 15th according to FF.

and, what the heck is a Catubodua anyway? you wonder -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catubodua

#70 ·
I'm in a daze now. It's hard to believe it's real! All's I have are those little pink smudges on the 2 tests I took today.

I'm still nursing my 13 mo around the clock. Last time my milk dried up at 14 weeks but I nursed all the way through & tandem nursed. I'm a little nervous about doing all that again...

I also hemorrhaged after my last 2 babies & I'm nervous about that as well...

But besides that, I'm either beyond excited, or completely numb!
I can't believe I get to do this all again.
:

This is my 3rd child with my current husband, but 5th child altogether! I keep thinking to myself "five kids, FIVE kids, FIVE KIDS!!"

I'm due 10/17/09. Perfect. I actually prayed for the next baby to not come during the holidays.
My last one was born 12/19, & the one before that came 11/26 (thanksgiving). 10/17 is fabulous! We're planning another unassisted home birth.

#71 ·
Hi ladies!! I'm officially in the September DDC (9/29/09 or 9/30/09), but there's a good chance this could be an October baby. Plus, I was TTC with a couple of these mamas, and I'm SO THRILLED they've joined this part of MDC!!! (Hi Brin and RM1117!)
This is my first true pregnancy (chemical pregs in December '08) and DH and I are so super excited, and also nervous. We're trying to enjoy every minute of this and think only positive, sticky, healthy thoughts. We have our first appointment on Tuesday...yikes!!!! I'm pretty nervous. I'm working on week 7 right now. How's everybody feeling?

#72 ·
Hi! I'm Mandy, and DH and I are expecting number FOUR! I still cannot believe that we're pregnant. We have had to go through fertility treatments to become pregnant with my other children we didn't plan on this happening until NEXT year when we would have to go through all of that again we thought! This is such a wonderful surprise and we are so excited.

I can't wait to get to know everyone and share all of our joys and woes of pregnancy together! I probably won't be around much for the next few months because I work very long hours managing a tax office this time of year, but after that I'll be on here for sure!

The due date for our little jelly bean is October 9th, but I'm thinking he/she will be here before that. I've never gone over 39 weeks with the other three.

Congratulations everyone!

(Oh, and I really need to change my signature! My kids are now 6, 4, and 18 months!)

#73 ·
We have been TTC # 1 now for almost 3 yrs. This was my first round with injectables and trigger/IUI (had done 3 rounds of clomid and 2 IUI previously with no luck). It has been a long road, but I'm so excited to finally be here and joining you other Oct. ladies!!!
: I think my EDD is probably around Oct 22nd or so. Still waiting for a response back from my RE about my beta I had done yesterday (still haven't told my DH
b/c I want to hear it officially from them and then I have a surprise set up for him
- the suspense is killing me). I am 12 DPO/PIUI and I got my BFP Friday morning on a $ store test and had to pee on another one just to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Then went out and bought a digital b/c I just couldn't believe it was true. So all 3 said I am pregnant!
I'm still in totally shock and I don't think I'll be able to truly believe it until I hear a heartbeat!! I'm so used to having some control in my life (well, except for the IF issue) and now I feel like I have none. I just have to go with the flow and trust that everything will be alright. Looking forward to getting to know you all more. I know the MDC infertility thread was such a blessing to be a part of and this will be even sweeter!!! Here is to a happy and healthy 9 months for all of us!!!!!

#75 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Hi ladies!! I'm officially in the September DDC (9/29/09 or 9/30/09), but there's a good chance this could be an October baby. Plus, I was TTC with a couple of these mamas, and I'm SO THRILLED they've joined this part of MDC!!! (Hi Brin and RM1117!)
This is my first true pregnancy (chemical pregs in December '08) and DH and I are so super excited, and also nervous. We're trying to enjoy every minute of this and think only positive, sticky, healthy thoughts. We have our first appointment on Tuesday...yikes!!!! I'm pretty nervous. I'm working on week 7 right now. How's everybody feeling?
Right back at 'ya! I am so glad to see you here! I just noticed that the TTC threads I have followed have had 4 BFPs in 4 days. Amazing!!! I think you should just move your date to October 1st and join us here permanently
I can't believe you are 7 weeks now, and I am so excited to hear about your first visit. You'll have to tell us all about it.

#76 ·
lol, thanks brin! I was definitely getting antsy here and wanting my no stresser TTCer buddies to join me.
I think we need a similar thread here, because it's easy to get stressed out/nervous at this point, too! Anybody interested in a No-Stress DDC thread where we try to avoid all the scary stories people try to tell us?
We could do roll-call...and list appointment dates and stuff. Hmm.....this is starting to take shape in my mind. Anybody know anything about starting that kind of thread?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.