Introduce yourself! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2009, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hooray!: Thanks mods!

We need a getting-to-know-you thread so I can see who I get to share this journey with!

I'm Jill, this is baby number three, pregnancy number five for me. I've lost three babies, so I'm a bit nervous, but ecstatic at the same time! This is the quickest we've ever conceived, and I'm thrilled! We have a 3yo and a 10mo, both girls. Hoping for a boy but honestly I'm just thrilled to be pregnant! Oh, I'm due Oct. 6th, and will have an u/s somewhere around 9 weeks to determine the number of babies. I was on clomid and I've conceive twins before, so I don't wanna take my chances!

So tell me all about you!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 AM

Thanks for kicking this off Jilly

I'm Sarah, this is my first pregnancy We started TTC in September but stopped after a month because we both found charting etc stressful so we switched to 'not actively preventing but not actively trying either' and thought we'd see what happened. We were planning on getting married in October this year so had started talking about me going back on the pill until after the wedding but obviously that's not happening now! I've just rebooked the wedding for June 2010 to give us plenty of time to get used to being parents

My partner Glenn is very, very, very happy about the pregnancy but we're both completely paranoid about something going wrong before we reach the 12 week mark so at the moment every ache, twinge, vague feeling is scary for us. I'm really hoping that the fear subsides a bit soon but I'm guessing that its also normal in some ways aswell?

I can't wait to meet you all!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 AM

Ohhh - forgot to say that my EDD is Oct 1
Old 01-27-2009, 11:49 AM

Hi! I'm Heather(33). I have 4 children. 3 boys and 1 girl. Boys are 12, 6 and 4 our girl is 2. We don't really care what we have. We are due 10/7 and will be planning a homebirth.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Hi Everyone!
I don't know yet if I will be very active here during the first trimester....I am afraid I will find it anxiety provoking to spend too much time on MDC / internet in general...but we shall see. I also love MDC and love the support and sense of community, so I don't know if I can stay away.
I have an almost 2 1/2 year old son. I was suprised when I got pregnant back in August during my second post partum cycle (I am still breastfeeding my son), and then ended up having a missed miscarriage which was obviously difficult.
We had planned on trying again in Feb after returning from our vacation (turks and caicos- less than 2 weeks away, I can't wait!!) but the "withdrawal" method is definitley not 100% reliable! My EDD is 10/1 and I am feeling SO happy and positive about this pregnancy. I had a lot of spiritual signs throughout the cycle, which is why I tested at only 9DPO even though we were preventing.

Hugs to everyone!

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM

I'm so excited we have a DDC! :

I have a 5 1/2 yr old dd, and I've had 3 miscarriages. I'm praying that this one sticks. I am not as worried and more calm than I thought I'd be about it. I've decided that what happens will happen, and I'm going to enjoy this pregnancy.

I will most likely be moving this summer, so I am a little worried about if I will find a good midwife in that area. I won't know if I will be moving or where to for another three weeks. I could be moving anywhere in the US, but most likely on the east coast. It's kind of exciting, an adventure, but I'll be on pins and needles for the next three weeks. My midwife now is absolutely awesome!! I would love to go unassisted, but my husband would absolutely freak out and be a negative energy if we did, and I want him to be there. But this midwife is willing to go to a coffee shop near our house during my whole labor and come when we call her. So I hope we are in an area I can use her, or I find someone just as good. I'm terrified of moving somewhere where they don't allow midwives. I told my husband that I'm coming back here and use my current midwife if that is the case.

Do we plan to do a roll call? I don't have time to keep it up myself, at least right now, but I think it would be neat to have one.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:34 PM

I'm Christine, this is my first, I just found out on Monday, and my tentative due date is Oct 6th. I'm in my early thirties and made my first appointment for Feb 11th. I'll be 6 weeks along and can't wait, I feel like it won't feel real until after the first Dr appt!

I'm a little nervous, hoping that this pregnancy sticks, as we waited until later in life!

I can't wait to get to know you guys, and will probably be looking for lots of advice as this is my first. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:17 PM

hi, im in. got my BFP yesterday. we have been trying since October. im 29 and i have a 2.5 year old son. happy to be here with all of you.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:23 PM

Hi!

I'm Kerry, and this will be #2 for us and my EDD is October 6th. I'm a full-time mom to our very active, almost nineteen-month-old son, Liam. Besides being a bit worried about how he's going to take it, we're very excited about this new baby! The timing is perfect -- I really wanted a fall baby, and October spaces out our birthdays nicely. Kind of hoping for a girl this time, but as long as the baby is healthy, that's all that matters.

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next nine months!

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM

Howdy y'all! I'm the 31 year old MAMA to four children ages 11, 7, 4, and 1. I have had two miscarriages. The last one happened on December 20th of 2008 so it is a little unnerving to be pregnant again already, although I am ecstatic. I'm due October 2nd. Happy to be part of the group. Thanks for the thread, Jilly!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 01-27-2009, 01:41 PM

I got a positive pregnancy test yesterday, and a negative last wednesday, though I dug it out of the trash yesterday and noticed it was actually a very faint positive. I'm not really sure of my due date, but I think I'm due around the 4th of October. This will be my second child and they'll be 4 years apart. I'm really happy to be pregnant! I thought it wasn't possible based on my crazy chart, but I was so excited because I've been thinking baby stuff all month!

And the weird thing is, my belly button already started popping out BEFORE I got my BFP yesterday. How's that for early pregnancy symptoms! LOL

ETA: This is going to be crazy as we're probably relocating about 2.5-3 hours away in a couple months. DH is in the process of looking for a new job and hopefully all will go smoothly. We're looking to move closer to my family, so that's good. We'd move in April or May I'm guessing. So I want to just start by seeing a midwife in that area so i don't have to transfer care.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:36 PM

Hi! I'm Jenny and this is baby #3 for us. I have a 3 yr old (girl) and a 16 mos old (girl). I am still nursing my 16 mo old. I am super excited!!!!:

I think I will be due around Oct. 7 -- which is great, but dh and I's anniversary is Oct. 9, and my dd #2's birthday is Oct. 16....so it will be a busy month!

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 PM

Yeah!! I was so excited to see this post!! My name is Erin and I am pregnant!!!!: This will be my third pregnancy, but hopefully my first birth. I lost twins between 8 and 10 weeks back in 2006 and then had an ectopic rupture and had my right tube removed back in October 2008. I'm wary but hopeful at the same time. I have my first u/s scheduled for the 10th and that day really can't come fast enough!:

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

Old 01-27-2009, 03:55 PM

Oh yeah, my EDD is October 4th and I got my first + at 10 dpo!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 PM

Hi.. I am Katie and this is pregnancy number six for me but baby number 4. My oldest is 5, my middle is almost 4 and the baby is almost 2.5.

My EDD is October 4th but I usually go early.. I am excited to be here and hope that I can STAY here !!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Old 01-27-2009, 05:11 PM

I'm glad to be here, and hopefully get to stay (send me sticky vibes, please!)

I am pregnant with my second, EDD is October 2. My DS is 19 months. We are going to deliver with midwives, although the particulars are yet to be determined. I am a Canadian living in America while my husband is in school, and have to figure out where I want to have this baby. I'd love to have a homebirth, but if I decide to deliver in Canada, I don't have a home, so I might have to have a hotel birth or a birthcentre birth.

Anyway, I'm excited to meet you all. Here's to the next 8 months!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Old 01-27-2009, 06:18 PM

I'm excited to be here! I am Kins and I am due with #3 on Oct. 4thish. I have 2 boys, (4 and almost 3) and while TTC this one was on Calcium, Magnesium, and tons of Cranberry pills along with a special diet to concieve a girl. We'll see! That being said, I would LOVE and welcome a 3rd boy, just thought I'd up those chances of having a daughter.

Anyway, I am beginning to make consult appts with homebirth midwives. Hopefully I'll click with one and can have my first homebirth!

Things are crazy- I just put my house on the market today and so we'll hopefully be moving during this pregnancy BEFORE baby is born. With 1 and 2 moved right after and that was not fun!

Busy mama to 4 boys, M 9/04, E 4/06, our angel baby N (passed 10/09 at 1 day old) & newbie C, 12/10
Old 01-27-2009, 06:19 PM

Hi, I'm Katherine, 31, and pregnant with #3. I have two girls (3 and 1.5) and am thrilled to be pregnant! Using Prem's rule, my due date is likely Oct 7th.

I've been "ready" since last May, but postponed prengnacy while I waited to have double jaw surgery in November. So glad that is behind me. This was my first cycle TTC, and both my dh and I are happily surprised. It took us 4 months to conceive both of our daughters, we figured it would take a few months. Perhaps all those supplements really helped?

I can't decide if I'd prefer a girl or a boy. At first, I wanted 5 boys, though now that our entire house is fancy nancy pink, I'm kinda used to girls. It would be wonderful to gain the love of a son, which is so different than the mother-daughter bond. My brothers have been yearning for a nephew for years! It would also be very nice to reuse all my lovely little girls things. What would I do with all those precious kissy kissy newborn outfits?

I am a SAHM, a former career girl with an MBA, and a crunchy, conservative, Southern girl. While my life seems full of paradoxes, I feel at home at MDC. We are a motley bunch of ladies - I look forward to out little DDC.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I'm Andrea, 30, second pregnancy, second (and maybe third?) baby. DD is 25 months old and still nursing. I am a stay at home mom. DH is currently in the middle of a layoff. We're hopeful for an approval of our unemployment application but also for him to go back to work soon. DD was born drug-free in the hospital and we will have either a birth center birth or a homebirth with this baby(ies).

I'm so excited to be here, but it hasn't really sunk in yet. LOL. DH was sitting on the couch earlier today and he randomly "remembered" that we're expecting and blurted out: "WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY!!!!!" lol.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, G
Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Hi Everyone!!!

I've been lurking on MDC for a few months now (since right before starting TTC) and I'm happy to have a reason to come out of lurkdom!

I got my BFP with #1 today at 11 DPO!!!! WOOT!!! EDD is October 10.

It's still just sinking in....I've been carrying around my test with the "pregnant" result all day, just trying to believe it's real. Anyone else not quite believe it?

I've found this site to be a great resource full of amazing women (and men) and I'm really happy to be here.

homebirth.jpgdd 10/09
Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 PM

So, this might be a little premature, but I THINK I belong here!!
I'm a week or so late, but haven't gotten a BFP yet (complex story, but basically I live in a super rural place and can't get my hands on one). We've been ttc, and I haev that gut feeling, but I had two negative tests last week, so who knows. I've always had positive tests within a day of my missed period before, so I dunno!!!
I have a more detailed thread here http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1032208
Anyway, so, yeah, I think I'm pregnant! An MDC mama who lives somewhat near me is goign to get me a test and mail it out so hopefully by next week I'll have proof :
Based on my LMP I'm due right around Oct 1 (based on my suspected ovulation date, it'd be Oct 2 or 3 probably).

Oh, I guess I should add that DS 1 (age 8) is adopted (DH's son), then I had a bunch of miscarriages before finally carrying to term with DS 2 (just turned 2 this month). We've been ttc ever since my fertility returned last fall, so I'm really hopin this is a baby and that it's a sticky one!!

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

Old 01-28-2009, 12:34 AM

Hello, can I join? I have just had it confirmed by the Dr that I am 5 weeks pg and due on Oct 1st.

This will be #2. We haven't told anyone yet as I had a m/c at 13wks before DD, but hopefully things will be fine with this one! I am feeling very tired already but DD is also still nursing quite a bit. A little nausea here and there, but I'm drinking lots of ginger tea!

I am so excited to be here and get to know you all - a happy and healthy nine months to everyone!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, my EDD is October 1st and this will be my second baby. I have a ds who will turn 4 next month on the day of my first midwife appointment He still nurses once or twice a day.
I'm so excited to be here. Nice to meet you all!

caffix.gif

Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 AM

hi everyone : i'm molly, this will be my 2nd baby, edd October 2nd? my ds is 4.... we have postponed having more kids for a while so i'm psyched to finally be pregnant!! i've told my parents, some friends, havent told inlaws yet or boss. we'll tell dh's parents any day now, but i hope to not show or tell my boss until i'm into my 2nd trimester...but friends at work know.... i keep on just getting excited and telling. its hard not to

i'm feeling pretty normal. if i don't eat little snacks i feel very empty and a little refluxey i've noticed, but otherwise i'm feeling okay.

2004 2009
Old 01-28-2009, 03:37 AM

I'm so excited to be here!!!

I'm Ashleigh (25), and I'm pregnant with baby #3! We have two boys (3 and 15m)...I would love to have a little girl, but then again, another boy would be wonderful too!!! We got pregnant on my 3rd PP cycle. I'm breastfeeding ds, and plan to continue through the pregnancy. I'd love to be a tandem nurser!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:34 AM

Hi everyone,
Well, I think I belong here, though I'm shocked (happily). I got a BFP yesterday. We weren't trying at all but we weren't preventing too carefully either. I haven't had much for symptoms but AF was 5 days late and I threw up yesterday out of nowhere so I grabbed a test totally expecting it to be negative and low and behold there was a very clear +. I'm going to try to get in to see my dr today to confirm things but I don't really doubt the pee stick you know? So, this will be baby #3 for us! I'm really excited, I've always wanted three, DP didn't want three but handled the news really well and was more calm and accepting of it than I was - I think I was in complete shock. I probably still am a little. Anyway, we're due October 3rd. I probably won't make it that far, I went a week early with DS#1 and a month early with DS#2 b/c of Pre-Eclampsia. I'm really hoping not to have Pre-E this time and I want to consider a home birth, but we'll wait to see how things progress. It's surprisingly nice to be here with you all!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM

My EDD is October 1. I had an IUI on January 8th and tested BFP on the 24th. This is my second baby and my first pregnancy. My wonderful 3 yr old DD is adopted. We were there when she was born. DH cut the cord and I got to hold her first.

We started TTC after we had been married 2 years in October 1998. I had a number of hormone issues that finally got addressed in a non-fertility environment in 2004. DD was born in Dec 2005 and when she was about a year old I suddenly went from no periods to regular ones. I started charting again in August of 07 and this past fall started using clomid and IUIs. My DH has a few issues too. Back in 1999 he had varicele surgery and still has a lower than optimal count. I have peed on many many sticks over the years and this is the first time I’ve ever had two lines.

Even if something happens with this pregnancy just getting to this point is a victory and gives me so much hope.

After I peed on the stick I ran to find DH. We hugged and kissed and hugged some more and then I pointed out that this is exactly where we were standing (and hugging and kissing) right after we got off the phone with DD’s birthmom when she asked us to be the parents. I took that as a good sign.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations to all! I'll be joining you too.

I found out Monday that I'm pregnant. My EDD is 1 October. I have 3 children, one boy and two girls but this is my 5th pregnancy. I am excited, shocked and nervous all at the same time. I planning for another homebirth and normal/healthy pregnancy.

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:53 PM

i would like to join. like many of you mentioned i'm hesitant to join (after 21 months of ttc & 1 m/c), but sooo happy to be here. my edd is 10/2 (our 3 yr anniversary is 10/13. this is our 1st (& maybe 2nd twins run in both sides of the family) and we may be trying for a home birth. i can't wait to get to know everyone & tackle all the big questions.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 01-28-2009, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masel View Post
After I peed on the stick and I ran to find DH. We hugged and kissed and hugged some more and then I pointed out that this is exactly where we were standing (and hugging and kissing) right after we got off the phone with DD’s birthmom when she asked us to be the parents. I took that as a good sign.
Awwwwwww!!! That part made me cry.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, G
Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.

User Tag List