Names Already! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2009, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whenever we get a positive; we immediately start thinking of names. I feel strongly this is going to be a girl.

What do you think of Junia Marie or Junia Rose?

What names are you thinking of or have you thought of them yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 01:28 PM

Junia -- how pretty!! Either middle name is nice, but I think I like the flow better with Marie. Sounds very melodic.

I've also been thinking of names already! I think it's going to be harder this time because there's not many we agree on, and obviously our first boy names are already taken. Even our girl's name from last time -- Raina -- has been "ruined" because SIL named her girl Emily Rayne last summer. *sigh* We're really up in the air about girl names, especially. Almost certainly it will end in an "a" though -- I seem to really gravitate towards names like Nora, Eva, and so on....

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

I love names ending in "a" too, like Olivia, Sophia, Julia, etc.

My dh usually does *not* like names ending in "a", but he's warmed up to Olivia. He actually was the one that came up with Junia, amazingly, and really likes it.

I think Raina is a beautiful name, and I think that it is different enough from Rayne you could and should (if you want to) still use it.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:11 PM

Junia is cute!

We have a first for a boy (family name) and a middle for a girl. Boy will be Reid something, and a girl will be something Paige. She'll be called Belle or Bella, so something that ends with either of those. :

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 PM

Our first boy will have my maiden name as his middle name (it's a family tradition) and Jack as his first name. Our first girl will most likely be River Kristin. Kristin is after a friend of my dh who drowned tragically when they were younger. We're not finding out what we're having (life's greatest surprise!), but if these names don't quite go with what the baby looks like, then we have some names waiting in the wings!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 PM

I'm so glad this thread was started. I love talking names!

Our names for DS were Elliot Max and Edythe Anne, if he was a girl. I won't use Edythe if we have a girl this time, because I don't want having an Eli and Edy right next to eachother. We will have to save it for our next one. The other names we have are:

Scarlett Rose (nickname Scout)
Cordelia
Harper

Corbin Thomas
Asher
Griffin

With DS I always knew what we would name him, boy or girl, but with this one there are no names that totally scream to me. I don't like really popular names (being Jenny has made me steer very clear from top ten, and really top 100 names) but I also don't love names that are too weird and require an explanation every time you say them.

Inspire me ladies!!!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Old 01-28-2009, 03:44 AM

I've had first names picked out for a while now, but no middles yet! I told DH he can pick those this time! LOL!!!

If this bean is a girl, she'll be named Lucy, and if it is a boy, he'll be Grady (or maybe Henry). Apparently, I have a thing for names with "y"!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:34 AM

Ohh I love all the names posted so far We haven't really decided any yet. We're thinking Isabella for a girl (Izzy for short) and maybe Callum for a boy but we're not sure. I think we're going to get a book of baby names once we've hit 12 weeks and then decided. We're trying avoid family names if we can so that we don't upset each others families!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:49 AM

I think Junia is a beautiful name!!!

We just talked about names very briefly yesterday, jokingly in a way. DP pointed out that both DS1 and DS2 have Hebrew names with two Ns in them so we have to find a boy and girl name that meets the same criteria. He's kidding, we don't but our boys have fairly traditional names so we plan to stick with that, as much as I kind of want a Zander DP thinks he'll stick out against Ben and Nate. I haven't started on girls names at all - honestly, I'm a little scared to let myself think it's a girl because I'd really love a girl. (I'd love another boy too don't get me wrong) but with DS2 I really thought he was a girl and was wrong so this time around I'm not guessing one way or the other.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM

Jenny - I love the name Harper. I really wanted it for a girls name with my last two pregnancies but DP vetoed it.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 AM

Junia is pretty!

we have a girl name, but we go back and forth with the boy names. names that we like, but probably wont use:

Calvin... i love this name, and the nickname Cal. DH thinks it sounds too serious, and i kind of agree.

Miles... also love, DH does not. He says he knew too many Miles growing up who were up to no good.

Solomon... kind of a mouthful, but we almost named DS this. also, i have a first cousin named Solomon so we already have one in the family.

Raymond... my grandpa and the name of DH's best friend. but grandpa was a troubled guy, and i dont know if i want to saddle my kid with that legacy.

we do have a middle name (Joseph) after my BIL. not my favorite, but its a fine name and it was my idea... because it would mean a lot to BIL, who will never have kids of his own.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM

I like Junia.

I think I'd like to name a boy Benjamin, but not sure if DH will agree. We have so much trouble with girl's names! We never even managed to pick one out last pregnancy, so no help there. DH out of the blue came up with a name he really liked, but I don't like it at all. He says maybe I'll come around, but I can't see naming a child something if I'm going to have nagging doubts about the name for the rest of their life. :P
Old 01-28-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I love Miles - hadn't thought of that one. I do like Benjamin too. I don't know why I feel so strongly this is a girl - maybe it's intuition but maybe it's hoping. My last miscarriage I really felt strongly it was a boy - we never found out - the only reason we gave "him" the name of Rosie Dandelion was because we let my daughter name the baby.

I felt really strongly dd was a girl too.

I love Isabella too. Why is it all of my favorite names are now on the top ten list of popular names? Junia isn't though, which I do like a lot, and it's growing on me every day.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapersmion View Post
I like Junia.

I think I'd like to name a boy Benjamin, but not sure if DH will agree. We have so much trouble with girl's names! We never even managed to pick one out last pregnancy, so no help there. DH out of the blue came up with a name he really liked, but I don't like it at all. He says maybe I'll come around, but I can't see naming a child something if I'm going to have nagging doubts about the name for the rest of their life. :P
My oldest son's name is Benjamin and it totally fits him. Of course I'm bias but I really love the name. It can be young/kiddish with Benny and then adult with Ben or Benjamin. We've used a million different nick names with him too as he's grown up. It's a really versatile name and it's only like #33 or so on the popularity list.

-Woodie Guthrie
Old 01-29-2009, 12:06 AM

My husband and I have had the conversation a lot lately about whether or not knowing someone of the same name, who you may not love, means anything. I say that the second we name a baby a name it will be our baby's name, and it won't matter who else has the name. After all, if you searched long and hard there is always someone bad who you wouldn't want to name someone after.

On the other hand, I agree with Kittyhead in not wanting to name a kid after someone "troubled" and having the kid have to live with that legacy. I'd hate to name my son Jacob and then have to explain to him how Great Grandpa Jacob left Grandpa when he was 10 and didn't show his face again for 40 years. Not the kind of man I want my kid to emulate.

Oh the joys. I nixed Scarlett off my list today when I heard of three babies born in the last 2 months named that. I guess I just have to convice DH to love Harper as much as I do.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Old 01-29-2009, 03:10 PM

We agree on a first name for a girl - Catherine but are having trouble with a middle name.

There is a boy's first name we like, William, but we need to check with someone first. They had a son who died of SIDS 13 years ago and I'd like to have their blessing. The middle name would be James no matter what. There are far far too many James (Jameses?) on DH's side of family for me to ever consider it as a first name.

Our last name is pretty long so a lot of the names I loved growing up seem awkard now. I like Alexander a lot but even without a middle name he'd sound like a law firm. If I called him Xander I'd face teasing from those who know what a big Buffy fan I am. I'm not all that fond of Alex as a nickname.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:42 PM

dh and i have 2 boy names: Vladimir Tiki (Vlad) & Leonis Sebastian (Leo) the only girl name we agree on is Mara (although i like Aurora ~ i'm partial to A names b/c my name starts with an A). nothing is definite.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

User Tag List