What do you think my chances of twins are? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2009, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Fraternal twins do not run in either of our families, so this isn't about that.

It is about "feelings" and about physical signs. For quite a while, I've had a "feeling" that my second pregnancy would result in identical twin girls. Similar to the feeling that my first pregnancy would be a single girl (and she was) and that my third pregnancy will be a single boy (yet to be determined, lol).

With DD, I didn't test positive until 14 DPO, and it was still fairly light even then and at 15 DPO. Here's my tests w/ her. But this time, I tested on a random whim at 10 DPO, and it was already DARK DARK, no squinting needed, easy EASY to photograph even w/ my camera that's barely worth beans. Here's that first pic, still damp. I took more tests over the next few days. Here they are, with the newest one being 12 DPO.

I took another test this morning at 15 DPO, with SMU, and the test line is just a tiny hair lighter than the control line. They're close enough in color to call them the same. If it was an OPK I'd call it positive, LOL. (I don't have a picture of that yet).

I know that each pg is different and the little sticks can't really effectively measure "exact" amounts of hCG b/c it varies depending on how concentrated the pee is, etc. But based even just on how early I found out and how dark it was at 10 DPO... I'm a little nervous, lol. What do y'all think?

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Hey check it out, that was my thousandth post. ::

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Harmony,

Not in your ddc but having twins. My first test was at 10 dpo and it was barely there. My tests by 12-14 dpo were still light. My hcgs were 56-3547 in a short period of time. I know that there is no way of knowing until that first u/s. Good luck.. Congrats on your new little one.

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:19 PM

No idea! Good luck either way.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM

You know I was thinking the same thing about myself but trying to not get my hopes up.

Got my first bfp at 8 DPO and since then they have gotten really really dark. I had one light one yesterday but I think that was because my urine was really delluted.

I am hopeing for twins since I know this is going to be my last pregnancy but I really want two more children.

But my doc did tell me there is no way of knowing until you get an US and that it could easily be overlooked if it were too early in the pregnancy.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

If I could have twins I would want a boy and girl, not identical. I really want another princess in the house to play with DD and of course DH is dead set on the whole "Heir to my throne" thing. But I think I can only handle one more pregnancy before I loose my marbles.

Wouldn't that be a blessing if we got our wishes?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:30 PM

Your chances? Let's just say I wouldn't worry about it. You can get an early BFP for lots of reasons. Hey I have twins and I didn't get a BFP with them until I was 20 dpo. Seriously, try not to get too worked up over OTC tests or betas, the only thing that will really tell you if you are having twins is hearing 2 hbs or seeing twon on an ultrasound. Good Luck to you!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 01-31-2009, 12:39 AM

I have no idea, but wouldn't discount that intuition! Good luck!

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!

User Tag List