Crazy Pressure??!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-29-2009, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

So I am about 4-5 weeks along (as many of you are!) with my second babe. I am having the craziest pressure down low. Tinges of crampiness, but mostly just pressure that is pretty constant. It gets more, then less, but has been there pretty much since last weekend when I first got a positive test. I said in my intro it is kind of like going from not being pregnant to being 3 months pregnant without any time for my body to adjust!!!

I don't remember this with my first child. I am not spotting or anything, and my test lines are getting darker and darker (the first one was so faint I could barely tell if it was really a positive!)

Does anyone have any thoughts or similar experience to share??!!

Tomorrow I am going to get hcg and progesterone levels checked. My progesterone has been a bit low for about a year so I just need to know it is where it should be in order to get a bit of peace of mind. I didn't do any kind of testing with #1 but this just feels a bit more fragile. (Yikes...don't like putting that out into the universe! But I guess if I am feeling it it is already out there on some level!!!)

Thanks!
Sarah
#2 of 5 Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 AM

Hi Sarah,

I'm in my fourth week too, and I've definitely been feeling some pressure in my abdomen. I've also been feeling alot of twinges, and...I don't know how to describe it....just feelings that Something is Going On In There.

I think for me, some of the pressure is that I've been quite gassy (fun!) and that come and goes.

This is my first pregnancy, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Everything I've been reading (since I'm already paranoid) says this is normal and nothing to worry about. And in fact, it does reassure me a little - let's me know that I really am pregnant and things are happening.

homebirth.jpgdd 10/09
#3 of 5 Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM

Yeah according to literature and OB's it is all normal. I remember with DS2 after I got a bfp I was in total shock because it was unplanned and the following month I had heavy cramping and a weird feeling in my uterus. I was just waiting every single day for AF to come. But she never did. I don't remember having those feelings with DD but with this pregnancy it is almost as crazy as DS2. I don't know what to think of it or why it happens in some pregnancys and not others but if they say not to worry about it then I guess I won't. Well not too much anyways.
#4 of 5 Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Yes it is normal and for me it seems to get worse with each pregnancy

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-30-2009, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for the reassurance. In some ways the pressure feels "good"...aka like there is a whole lot going on down there which is the idea!

It totally makes sense that this symptom would increase with each pregnancy as our bodies totally know what is up..."been there, done that...now let's get busy!"

Anyway, as long as I can stop obsessing about my darn test lines (see other post) then I think it is a safe bet things are on the right track!

xo
Sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page