How many weeks are you and what symptoms do you have? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok guys, I am about 4 weeks and 2 days. All of my symptoms but 2 are kind of intermittent.

Come and goes are: fatigue, heartburn, nausea, mood (of course), and the infamous peepee issue.......

But the two that are here to stay thus far are: my freaky need for 1-3 big bags of the walmart circus peanuts per day, and then my tummy. I am so bloated that I look 2 or 3 months pregnant right now. This always happens to me though. It usually goes back down by like week 8 or so. But by then I only have about 3 weeks before it pops out from the baby and not bloating. Can we say "Hello maternity clothes"?
#2 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM

I have sore breasts, nausea, the ocasional throwing up, fatigue - I've been going to sleep at 8:30 and not waking until 7 the past four nights. All symptoms have been pretty strong until today - which makes me a little worried, but I know it could mean nothing and I can't do anything about it.
#3 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 PM

I'm 5 weeks today So far I have sore boobs (they've got a bit bigger too!), bloating and I'm really tired by the middle of afternoon.

No nausea so far but I have a sneaking suspicion that its going to kick in soon as both my mum and my sister suffered from it quite badly during their pregnancies.
#4 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 02:03 PM

i'll be 5 weeks tomorrow (just had my 1st dr apt. not quite a prenatal b/c they start those at my place at 8 wks, but they took a lot of blood & some urine to run tests). very sore bb's (tmi: my nipples could cut glass & i have to sleep with a sports bra on), increase hunger, fatigue (some nights i'm in bed before 8), increase in irritablity, & emotional.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#5 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 03:09 PM

I will be 5 weeks on Sunday. I have sore boobs.. Waves of sickness (not too much though) I have NO appetite for anything and I am TIRED.. very very tired

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#6 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'll be 5 weeks on Monday but I'm not really having symptoms yet, lol. Except for weird dreams and insomnia.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#7 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 04:08 PM

I am 5 weeks today. I am having fatigue and insomonia (insomnia was a problem when I was pregnant with my son- I HATE it). I have a decreased appetite and occassional bouts of nausea. I am also having some off and on mild cramping (sort of like menstrual cramps but different)...that is a new one, I haven't had that with either of my previous 2 pregnancies.
With my son I didn't really feel bad until 6 or 7 weeks.

astar326- are you using a different method of calculating how far along you are? I was confused how you are 6 weeks? I checked your chart and it looks like we O'd on the same day (1/8)...

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#8 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post

astar326- are you using a different method of calculating how far along you are? I was confused how you are 6 weeks? I checked your chart and it looks like we O'd on the same day (1/8)...
She might be going by lmp instead of ovulation date.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#9 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 08:25 PM

I'm about 4 weeks and I've had nausea, bloating, slight cramping, fatigue, and some mood swings. Basically, everything makes me tear up because it's so sweet or touching or awesome (although only to my pregnant brain).

homebirth.jpgdd 10/09
#10 of 37 Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 PM

I'll be 5 weeks on Saturday and not too many symptoms here yet. Just some fatigue (of course, my 18 month old isn't sleeping through the night yet, so it could be that, too. ), swings between super hungry and not much appetite and gas . That last one was a big symptom for me the last two times, too.
#11 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 02:39 AM

I am 4 weeks 4 days and I had some cramping over the weekend, but that's basically ended. I have had a little (TMI) diarrhea and gas. The weirdest thing though, is that for the past few mornings I have woken up to the most vivid sex dreams! Is that a pregnancy symptom? My nipples are just now starting to get a little sensitive. I'm also bloated.

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#12 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 AM

3 weeks 4 days : and symptoms:
- very visible capillaries/spider veins in breasts (this is what tipped me off really), and some varicosities ALREADY? way to go, circulatory system!
- nausea more of the carsick dizzy variety
- fatigue starting a few days ago along with insomnia, good combination
- a distinct LACK of boob soreness, which I usually have by 5dpo
- food tastes odd, the only things that taste GOOD are made from chocolate
#13 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 09:59 AM

I am 4wks 2days, and I barf all the time. In fact I'm going to go now.....

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#14 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 AM

I'm six weeks on Monday. I can't decide what are symptoms, and what are me just using pregnancy as an excuse (like my crazy "craving" for chocolate milk during DSs pregnancy - I always crave chocolate milk, but somehow I could justify it then. Hmm, and I wonder how I gained 55 lbs...) Anyway, I feel more irritable, my nipples seem a little sore when DS nurses, last night I felt a little nauseous. That's about it. Frankly I would welcome some real, hard to deny, symptoms, as they would mean this is real. I'm still scared of MC. (I never thought I would say that through my last pregnancy, except for the chocolate milk, of course. I remember lying on the ground overcome with nausea, moaning, "Why would my mother do this EIGHT times!!!???"

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#15 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM

i think im 5 weeks today, and i mostly feel sleepy. tummy feels okay... i had hyperemesis last pregnancy, and im a little scared but i feel okay so far.
#16 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
oops, i was adding wrong. thanks for letting me know. We did o on the same day and i wonder which of us will go 1st (i'm betting you b/c this is my 1st).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomatuttle View Post
The weirdest thing though, is that for the past few mornings I have woken up to the most vivid sex dreams! Is that a pregnancy symptom?
me too! it was a secrete diary of a call girl type (if anyone watches that show on showtime).

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#17 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 12:54 PM

I threw up this AM-I never threw up with DD in the beginning and I have already this AM. I am 4 wks 2 days-I feel better now. I get these waves of extreme nausea and then that sweaty mouth thing(all that extra saliva). I've been waking up at 2:45 consistently for the last week or so to pee then having insomnia. Honestly I feel hung over like I partied hard and drank red wine for a few days.

Plus I am super sleepy....

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#18 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 PM

I think so far (looking at the "how old are you?" thread) I'm the oldest! So, it feels like even more of a miracle than usual being 4 weeks pregnant.

I've been spotting for 10 days now, and have only (!) taken 3 preg tests to confirm that I still am pregnant. Otherwise, I have very very tender breasts, like even a bra is not comfortable, and cramping. The spotting and cramping are decreased today. These are the same symptoms as I had with #1 nearly nine years ago. Other than these symptoms, I feel like my regular self.

Oh, the funny thing was that a few days after conception, I felt let down in my breasts!

Mom to My Little Kumquat born 1/21/01, My Little Plum born 12/28/10

#19 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 02:04 PM

4w3d:

Part of mine might be due to progesterone supplements, but here they are anyway!
Extreme fatigue, extreme mood swings, frequent urination, spotting 11dpo, 14-15dpo, sore nips, nausea, gassy, constipation.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#20 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 03:30 PM

5 wks 2 days

Menstrual like cramps, sore sore breasts, a little bit of fatigue, a bit more emotional, some slight nausea, and at the same time (somehow) super-appetite and really enjoying food nowadays :. Also, some considerable bloating.
#21 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 PM

4w5d

so so so so incredibly exhausted. how does a tiny little baby do that? i'm waiting for the 24/7 morning sickness.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#22 of 37 Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 PM

I'm 5 weeks today. Mostly I'm just a little more tired than usual and I've had diarrhea everyday since Monday which I didn't have with my other two pgs. I haven't had much morning sickness yet, but I'm starting to feel funny once in a while and I had very strong morning sickness with both of my boys so I'm assuming I'll have it again this time around, but we'll see. Oh, and bloated, I feel really bloated.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#23 of 37 Old 01-31-2009, 12:43 AM

I'm 4 weeks, 3 days. The on-and-off nausea I had a few days ago is mostly gone -- trying not to be worried about that -- but I am tired and VERY hungry! I remember this with ds: when I needed to eat, it was very sudden and very strong. I don't think it started so early last time, though.

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
#24 of 37 Old 01-31-2009, 01:46 AM

Right now I am awake because of some weird pulling (kinda painful) feeling right above my pubic bone. Crazy! I think I'm going to go crash back out, though. I'm ti-red.
#25 of 37 Old 01-31-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post
me too! it was a secrete diary of a call girl type (if anyone watches that show on showtime).
I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#26 of 37 Old 01-31-2009, 06:39 AM

Im 4 weeks today - and not many symptoms...Been sort of crampy, lots of gas - but that could have been from the beans I ate...lol. I guess I have insomnia since its 1:38am and Ive been in bed since 10:30pm without sleeping yet. Ugh...and my DH is actually sleeping well tonight. Last week I had major carb munchies - I could not get enough cereal!
#27 of 37 Old 02-01-2009, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Ok guys, I am 4 weeks and 5 days today. I thought I had fatigue before but holy sleepy head, I am just pooped all day long for the past few days.

Not too much nausea. Just a little. Enough to let me know I am pregnant. Boobs don't feel as sore. I am eating like a pig but I think that has a lot more to do with me just eating cuz I know I am pregnant than me actually being hungry. Still have my circus peanuts thing goin on. I want to stop eating them so bad but I just can't put them down.

Then something I thought it was weird but I see a lot of people have this problem is the effin gasiness. Man I am bloated so bad and I just fart all day long. A few times I had a soft BM but I guess I wouldn't really call it diarrhea. I am so shocked about the gas thing.

I am starting to not fit into my clothes at all due to the bloat. My mom told me today I couldn't be showing already. I am just like um ok, tell that to my belly. I catch DH stairing at it all the time. I know it is bigger because of the bloat and not actually the growth of my uterus but hey, what's the difference? One way or another I am going to need maternity clothes very shortly.

K, lol. That is all my symptoms for now. I might add or subtract in the next few days.

That's going to be so awsome when we get to start the "Show ur bump" thread.".
#28 of 37 Old 02-02-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm 3w3d today. First tip off, nausea but that I get while pmsing sometimes too. Second tip off and the one that really got me suspicious, my breasts hurt and my nipples are on fire. Nursing right now is horribly painful, just like it was when I pregnant with the twins. Third big sign, lots of cramps. Now I'm having food aversions, the smell of bacon is making me nauseus and I can't drink milk without feeling like I have to puke. No throwing up but I have never done so this early before, just the all day nausea. I was lucky enough to escape it last time, but it seems I'm not going to be so lucky this time around!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#29 of 37 Old 02-02-2009, 02:07 PM

Uh-oh. Now I'm worried. I was very nauseous for about a week not it is all but gone.......

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#30 of 37 Old 02-02-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandmum View Post
Uh-oh. Now I'm worried. I was very nauseous for about a week not it is all but gone.......
It's been coming and going for me. Try not to worry (and I'll try to do the same)!

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page