tests getting darker? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am totally doing thing where I know I am pregnant but still pee on sticks every day or two. Crazy, yes, but I have a quick questions...

The first time I tested positive the line was so so faint my husband couldn't even see it. The next day it was still extrememly faint, but he admitted he could see it. Then the next day it was still quite faint, but we couldn't deny it was there. Wednesday is was surely a light pink line, but still quite a bit lighter than the "control" line. Test yesterday at doc also confirmed I am preggo. Now this morning I thought the line would be darker, but it is holding at what it was like on Wednesday. They are all from the same "batch" of tests (the super sensitive yet affordable ones you can get online at earlypregnancytest.com...the same ones docs use.)

Trust me, I have way more pressing things to be doing than obsessing on this...I just can't seem to stop!!!

Any thoughts??!! Does anyone else have darkening lines or lines that are holding steady??!! I feel like with my son they kept getting darker and darker.

Trying not to worry!!!

xo
Sarah
#2 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

i should add that i have a lot of "sustanance" on my body (a term my accupunturist wants me to use vs overweight, fat, etc!!)...and unfortunatley even more so than i was when i got pregnant with my son (about 25pounds more than with him).

i wonder if that would mean my lines would be fainter? probly doesn't make much sense...just a thought.

xo
#3 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 09:57 AM

Well I used the equate brand tests and I just stopped testing at 11 DPO because I ran out. But at 8 DPO a line that I could see but it was probably the lightest line you could you could have gotten. 9DPO line was about half as dark as control line. 10DPO almost as dark as, 11 DPO darker than the day before but still not quite as dark as the control line.

I think with different brands it varies. Some tests the dye is just not that dark and you aren't going to get a super dark line untill you are very very pregnant. I know At 10DPO when I was getting a pretty dark line with equate it didn't register at all on an EPT +/- and just barely on a frer.
#4 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 10:02 AM

The line darkening on tests is unreliable, I wouldn't use it as a basis to measure if your numbers are going up.

If it would make you feel better I would stop into the doctors office and have your labs drawn, but I wouldn't base anything off of the darkening of the HPT.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page