Different Symptoms Than Previous Pregnancies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious if anyone else is having different symptoms with this pregnancy than they did with previous ones? I had horrible morning sickness with both of my other pregnancies and this time (so far) I feel really food. I feel a little queesy sometimes but for the most part I'm good and I haven't thrown up at all yet. I'm thinking the morning sickness will either kick in later or that something is wrong and my hormones/levels etc aren't high enough to warrant being sick. DP keeps telling me to relax and that it's probably just the pregnancy gods having mercy on me.

Anyone else - other symptoms you've had before and aren't having now or other way around?

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Well with my first two pregnancies it was like heaven. Little to no symptoms other than fatigue.

However I knew DD was a girl because immediatly in the pregnancy I could tell she was going to give me problems. Heartburn, nausea, crazy insane mood swings. And all kinds of other things.

This pregnancy is thus far pretty easy. Not much of anything that is making me worry. So darn my luck, I believe it to be a boy.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 AM

I'm exactly the opposite of the pp, I was pg with a girl last time and by golly I felt amazing, never sick(well until the very end) and my personality was the nicest ever. This time I think I'm having a boy because I get these waves of crappy feeling combined with atrocious mood swings, but that could also be from having to deal with an ultra defiant 2.5 y/o that drives me insane. I seriously have cried more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 months. Ugh I feel like a crazy woman.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
Old 02-03-2009, 12:30 AM

It's hard to tell so far, cause I've been sick so much already! But from the little bit of last week that I wasn't sick, it seems pretty similar to my last pregnancy, with night nausea (so not fun) My first pg was a girl, and I had no m/s at all, and second pg was also a girl, with bad night nausea. I guess I do seem to be more emotional sooner this time around. Could be from stress though.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 02-03-2009, 02:28 AM

My nipples don't hurt quite as much as they did last pg. I had a lot of ms last time, but it didn't kick in until about 6 weeks, so I have a few more days to go. This time I am more aware of the different feeling in my uterus. I'm just as tired as I was last time.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 AM

I am so in there with the 2 pp's about the crying more than ever and my crazy moodiness. Come to think of it I think with my two boys I was kind of a beotch. I mean it was a very long time ago cuz DS's are 10 and nearly 7, but I do recall my mom giving me the look like this mean woman is not my daughter quit a few times. With DD I was more moody in the first few months but in the last few trimesters I was sweat as pie to DH which made our relationship very close.

Today I cried 3 times and one of the times I actually put in a call to my chaplain because I was so upset. And DH seems to be at his wits end with me. I think he would like to ship me off for about 9 months lol. But hopefully as my body adjusts to the hormone changes I will calm down a little. Any teeny tiny change makes me go crazy which is one of the reasons I can never take birth control. No matter what the pill, within days of taking it I kinda get a little kookoo. Or a lot kookoo if you ask anyone in my house.

So does anyone believe pregnancy symptoms can be an indication of the babies sex?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 PM

So far, this one is different for me. Last time, I was exhausted and going to bed much earlier than my normal, and my breasts were soooooo sore. Neither of those things is happening yet. Though that could be because of all the 24/7 nursing DS is still doing. As for being sick, that kicked in a little later than this so it's hard to say yet. But I've already got some queasiness, so I'm expecting it.

Emotionally seems quite different. I'm finding myself pretty moody this time, whereas last time, this strange calmness came over me and lasted until I got my PPAF six months after DS was born. That was so wonderful!! I had no cares in the world. This time, I've been snappy with DS and DH quite a bit. I really hope that changes...

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 PM

i had hyperemesis last time... by this point in my pregnancy i was sick all day long. this time i feel pregnant... but okay. tired and queezy if i get hungry, but pretty good. im kind of scared, i feel like im just waiting for the puking to start.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 PM

This time I have had lower backaches and sore breasts. I've never had that before in my previous pregnancies.

Actually, I did have backaches in my others, but not til I was big and huge. These backaches started within days of conception.

And this is my first pregnancy where I've had tender breasts at all. They are not too sore, but a little bit, and I am surprised because that's one symptom I've only read about!

(My kids are 17, 13, 11 and 18 months)
Old 02-03-2009, 12:44 PM

My first pregnancy ended in m/c at 9 weeks- I had hardly any sickness with that one, which makes sense. My second pregnancy (DS, carried to term), I started throwing up before I could even test. This time, I am having occasional waves of nausea and am really sensitive to smells, but I don't feel as sick as I think I "should" and it's kind of freaking me out. I'm trying to tell myself that everything is fine and maybe I'm just not going to have such a hard pregnancy this time!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 PM

My first pregnancy I was SICK AS A DOG! All day all night MS. No fun at all. The second term pregnancy was with my twins and I had no ms. I could always feel it lurking around the corners but I never actually got nauseus. This time I'm feeling pretty nauseus, but we shall see, right?

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM

I remember feeling nauseous and being more sensitive (like I threw up from a vitamin before I knew I was pregnant), but other than the vitamin thing, I never threw up. This time so far, I haven't really been sick at all. It makes me a bit nervous.

Last time I remember having very vivid (often violent) dreams and I haven't had much of that yet, either.

I had crampy feelings last time, which I get on and off now (but I don't think I've had it nearly as much this time as last time).

I'm not sure if I'm noting differences just because it's so early and maybe things will set in later. I'm 5 weeks and 2 days as far as I know.

User Tag List