Eye Color Predictor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
NicMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought you guys might like this. It is a tool to help predict the color of your babies eyes.

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/index.php

(under online exhibits)

My family = Me + DH plus new babe 5/12 make 3 buddamomimg1.png

NicMom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
 
binkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 1,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love that thing. Sadly I have hazel eyes, so it doesn't really work for me, but I play with it all the time anyway
binkin is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
 
astar326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is great! dc will have a 50% chance of brown, 37.5% chance of blue, & 12.5% chance of green. i have brown eyes and dh has blue. i'm really hoping dc will have green or blue eyes. :

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

astar326 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:00 PM
 
Bromache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingston, ON
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
66.6% chance of brown, 23.3% green, and 10% blue. Sounds about what I would assume. DS has my lighter brown hair and DH's brown eyes. It would be cool if #2 has my light eyes and DH's dark brown/almost black hair, but we'll see!

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
Bromache is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
 
fyrebloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North of Boston, South of sanity
Posts: 1,737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love playing with that thing. It's funny, I have SUPER dark brown eyes and my children are all brown eyed. My daughters both have the same dark brown as I have. Both of my partners are blue eyed and my brothers are hazel and blue. My father is brown and my mother was hazel. It should be very interesting to see if this one has blue or brown (or even green, My grandma was green eyed).

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
fyrebloom is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
 
jillybeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a little hole by the mountain
Posts: 3,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have green, dh has blue, and both of our girls have blue. It shows as 50% blue and 50% green, so I guess maybe we'll have a green eyed baby this time?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4
 

jillybeans is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 PM
 
Leilamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near the New England Shore
Posts: 2,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have brown (DP thinks they're Hazel though) and DP has blue. Both of our boys have beautiful light green eyes. This says it'll be 50% brown, 40% blue and 10% green. So it's pretty interesting that we've gotten the 10% results with both boys.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Leilamus is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
 
Minerva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Downers Grove, IL USA
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cute. Too bad it doesn't work for non-Mendelian colours. Too many variables, I suppose.

My eyes are brown-flecked dark green, and the husband's are bluish-green. The toddler 'caught' my father's grey eyes.

2 happy kids makes for a happy mother.

Minerva is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 11:40 PM
 
chanda7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine is 86.3% brown, 8.5% green, 5.1% blue. I have one brown-eyed child and one blue-eyed child.
chanda7 is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 01:53 AM
 
Sarah W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dupont, WA
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had a situation at BRU the other day. Someone asked about DD's eye color, when we knew she was going to have blue eyes. I said, "Well, we both have blue eyes (mine are green), so we knew she'd be blue or green eyed."

The lady said, "No, it doesn't work that way. My brother has blue eyes and so does his GF. Their new baby has brown eyes."

I just said, "Oh." Nothing good could have come from a conversation about genetics.
Sarah W is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 AM
 
binkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 1,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Actually it is possible for blue-eyed parents to have a brown-eyed child, because the genes are more complex than just the simple Mendelian explanation you're probably thinking of (and which the calculator uses). So... not a good paternity test.
binkin is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off