how far along are you? what are your symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am 12 DPO, which apparently translates to 3 weeks 5 days. not quite sure how that works, but i'll take it! lol

not really having any symptoms though. just really heavy in the head. like dizzy or faint. kinda weird! crampy too.

how far along are you? what are your symptoms?
#2 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 03:11 PM

I was 3 weeks 5 days when I found out too... the only smyptom I had was I was feeling crampy. Now I am 5 weeks 1 or 2 days and I feel like crap. Breast tenderness, nausea, bloated, peeing all the time, tiredness etc etc

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#3 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 PM

I am 5 weeks and TIRED! I feel sick to my stomach and crampy as well.
#4 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 04:09 PM

Not entirely sure how far along I am...kind of wasn't paying attention. But I just found out a few days ago and I think I'm about 3 weeks past ovulation...so that would officially make me about 5 weeks??

Anyway, nothing too bad here. Just really crampy so far, with some lower back soreness. I also go pee a lot. I'm hoping the nausea doesn't come...it didn't last time, so I have my fingers crossed!

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
#5 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM

I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and the m/s has kicked in a bit. I also have or had earlier intermittent sore boobs, frequent urination, low dull backache and cramps. My sleep patterns are odd as well. So sleepy at night, but I wake up at around 4:00AM and can't get back to sleep.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#6 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 04:27 PM

I think I'm just starting my 6th week. I have light occasional cramps, sore breasts, occasional intense fatigue, and... was there something else? Apparently memory loss.
#7 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 04:52 PM

I am 5w2d and I can barely keep my eyes open, I am soooooooo tired. Combined with the fact that I am hardly drinking an caffeine anymore , I can barely get out of bed in the morning. My breasts haven't been sore since about a week after ovulation, but they have been larger and heavier. I had a lot of "sensation" in my uterus before and right after I found out I was PG, but that has largely gone away now, and the mild cramping went away several days ago. I'm feeling a little more woozy every day now, though, and am hoping that the M/S is not waiting for my in week 6.:Puke I imagine it will be, but I hope it isn't too bad and doesn't last long. I'd be irritable except that I'm too damned tired to argue about anything that annoys me (which is just about everything). :yawning:

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#8 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 05:13 PM

I'm a little over 6 weeks and I am soooo tired...., like I could curl up and sleep for a week. Everyday at around 12-1 I have to have a break and sleep, or at least close my eyes while DD watches Little Bear. I waver between hunger and feeling like I am going to puke. No rhyme or reason for the nausea, could be a smell, could be something I saw, just generally weird.

Oh and I am craving ice cream sandwiches-and have yet to go to the store to get some. They weren't on sale and I just couldn't bear to buy them, I'm such a tightwad when it comes to grocery shopping. If it's not on sale and I can use a coupon I just don't feel it necessary.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#9 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 05:33 PM

I am 6w4d and go from feeling perfectly fine to feeling like crap in a short time.
My boobs are sore sometimes, my stomach hurts sometimes, and I feel like I am going to puke sometimes.

I definately have food aversions and smell aversions.. I cannot stand pretty much ANY strong odor of any kind! The thought of something smelling bad or the thought of things like poop or blood make me queasy and I am NOT a queasy person at all.

Changing my 2 year old's diaper has been a challenge!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#10 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
If it's not on sale and I can use a coupon I just don't feel it necessary.
i just now getting into the coupon shopping & such... (i know, i'm late, but i've only been a wifey for 6 months... ) and i saved $3 the other day and thought it was the hugest deal.

i kinda got made fun of by DH... but one day he'll think me! maybe in 5 years when i've saved us $20 bucks!

come teach me your ways!
#11 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 07:06 PM

I'm 6 weeks today and really have no symptoms at all. I had very few with DS either, though. I am more tired than normal by the end of the day but still not all that bad - with DS I didn't get the fatigue until the 2nd trimester, though. Other than that, my only issue right now is that DS is bottle fed and I can't STAND the smell of his formula, ugh. Doesn't make me want to puke or anything but it does make me want to run screaming from the room.

Oh, actually, I do have headaches pretty bad during the 1st trimester. I actually have them a lot anyway but when pregnant I can't take anything so they feel worse, you know?
#12 of 30 Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Not *exactly* sure how far, best guesstimate would be about 6 weeks. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, sore boobs and the extreme tired. Oh, and the most obvious, the missed period!
#13 of 30 Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 AM

I'm 4wk4days and my symptoms are cramping on and off, faint nausea on and off, increase in breast size and sore nipples (not breasts), and backache. I feel like I don't have as many symptoms as I "should"... just expected them to be a little more severe - all of mine seem pretty mild.
#14 of 30 Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy10 View Post
I'm 4wk4days and my symptoms are cramping on and off, faint nausea on and off, increase in breast size and sore nipples (not breasts), and backache. I feel like I don't have as many symptoms as I "should"... just expected them to be a little more severe - all of mine seem pretty mild.
Ah, now you've tempted fate! Just wait another week or two... (Of course, you might be one of those women who just doesn't tend to have powerful pg symptoms. But it might reassure you to know that I've always felt the same way around that time in my pgs, and by 6 weeks or so, I've been quite, quite symptomatic.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#15 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortelliniMama View Post
Ah, now you've tempted fate! Just wait another week or two... (Of course, you might be one of those women who just doesn't tend to have powerful pg symptoms. But it might reassure you to know that I've always felt the same way around that time in my pgs, and by 6 weeks or so, I've been quite, quite symptomatic.
Thanks TorelliniMama! That does help to know that. It doesn't excite me to think that maybe next week it will come on with a vengeance, but it makes me feel better that you didn't have much symptoms either at this point.
#16 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
5 weeks today, very mild symptoms. I get super sleepy at weird times, some queasiness at times, & I'm starving... I guess that's about it. I'm still so early on though.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#17 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 01:54 PM

Well I am almost 7 weeks and the sickness has really set in TODAY in fact, I feel like sh**. I've already thrown up 2x's today, I feel wretched. Of course today we are supposed to go to DH's gma's 90th b-day and all I want to do is sleep and possibly puke. Yuck.

I feel so much worse than I ever did with DD. My nose is so sensitive to everything and I just am feeling pretty awful today.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#18 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 PM

Hi mamas, I'm 5 weeks 2 days today (I'm assuming all here are going by the "standard" way of measuring, using LMP?). I've been feeling queasy off and on especially yesterday and today. No vomiting so far (I only vomited a couple of times with my twins, and I cannot remember at all with my daughter!). My breasts are quite sore, nipples very sensitive, and I've been going to sleep before 9 every night. I'm going to the loo very often, too. Oh, and is anyone else having loose stools? Yes, I also forgot the toothbrush gag :P

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#19 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 03:37 PM

I am 8 weeks tomorrow, and today at church 2 people commented on my growing breasts (women, thank goodness.) I walked around the rest of the day totally self conscious! I had noticed being fuller, but didn't think anyone else could. I wish it were a blessing, but with D cups before pregnancy, and nursing DS still, I don't need any augmentation!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#20 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
I think I'm just starting my 6th week. I have light occasional cramps, sore breasts, occasional intense fatigue, and... was there something else? Apparently memory loss.
: I'm right there with you! I'm exactly the same way....at least I think I am. Am I? What was I talking about?

ps - I am approaching 8 weeks tomorrow or Tuesday.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#21 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
: I'm right there with you! I'm exactly the same way....at least I think I am. Am I? What was I talking about?

I'm pretty sure moodiness, passing sensitivity and irritability must have been the thing(s) I was forgetting. Yesterday I noticed that my nipples look different! They're blurry around the edges and the bumps have changed. And man, the fatigue is bizarre.
#22 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 05:03 PM

I am 7weeks today and feel HORRIBLE..

My morning sickeness/all day sickness has set it and I just want to stay in bed all day. I really hope it passes quickly!

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#23 of 30 Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM

I will be 5 weeks tuesday and my morning sickness started yesterday. (yeah happy V-day to me) i am wearing sea bands and drinking ginger ale (real ginger from the health food store) and eating ginger candy like crazy.
#24 of 30 Old 02-16-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
I will be 5 weeks tuesday and my morning sickness started yesterday. (yeah happy V-day to me) i am wearing sea bands and drinking ginger ale (real ginger from the health food store) and eating ginger candy like crazy.
I remember someone somewhere saying a lot of ginger is not good during pregnancy. I just did a quick search on it and found this article:

http://medherb.com/Materia_Medica/Zi...pregnancy_.htm

Peace,

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#25 of 30 Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 AM

I like "the natural pregnancy book" for herbal remedy recommendations. She also says not to have more than one or two grams of ginger. For ginger for morning sickness, she suggests "Steep 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes and sip throughout the day, not exceeding 2 full cups daily. Or take 2 "00" capsules of powdered ginger every few hours, but do not exceed 10 capsules per day. Sucking ginger flavored hard candies or crystallized ginger can also be helpful."

Well she isn't very specific on the amounts of crystallized ginger.
#26 of 30 Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info on Ginger. I am steeping 3 slices of Ginger root in a cup of boiling water and drinking it throughout the day and occasionally when it gets really bad i suck on a Ginger candy. I dont really think Im getting too much ginger. My mom took 3 ginger pills(550mg) a day when she was pregnant with my baby brother and everything was fine.
#27 of 30 Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 PM

I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and I defintaely have all day morning sickness and nausea... ugggh. I hope it passes soon. I have some ms ginger tea and I am trying to eat constantly and all that... I just feel like crud.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#28 of 30 Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM

I am 7 weeks now and I'm starting to feel more nausea and salt cravings, plus some soreness and I feel tired. I didn't feel much before so I'm glad I'm having more symptoms now. Just hoping these are real symptoms and not leftover from my flu last week.
#29 of 30 Old 02-16-2009, 06:42 PM

Calculating from LMP, I am 4 weeks & 5 days. Let's talk about the bathroom and the intimate relationship I have had with the toilet lately. I'm getting cleaned out that's for sure. And we're not talking morning sickness & I hope to avoid that this time as I did with the last two. Boobs hurt. Hunger pains in the morning. Light pains on the left side of my abdomen. (???) I need to go through my pants already & put some aside until at least next year. Tired! Going to bed early lately. Just can't keep my eyes open! Definitely cannot stand DH's breath.

Mama to : Savannah (12/16/2002) & Bruen (3/19/2005). The H = Jason :
Baby #3 Drake (10/21/2009) :
#30 of 30 Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 PM

LOL @ boogieboo.
My DH is stinky too! How come it never bothered me before?

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page